Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, what the hell is wrong with the younger generation these days? Not to hate on them, but couldn't they take the time to do research since internet is as common as food and water with their age bracket, I mean they were born into computers like that.

I started watching NBA in late 80s, but I still knew about legends and stars before that decade by having the will to learn, and this was before the internet took over.

Its always good to know about stars who came before the current ones, as they say, there's no present and future without a past.

Hell, ask a lot of the current era stars, they'll say they looked up to Penny Hardaway when they were kids playing ball.

I'm just curious. For the people who were not born when this shoe originally dropped, what is your main reason for wanting these?

Is it because they are that sweet, because MJ was your favorite player, just to buy n sell, to fit in, collect? Just curious?

I'm not going to lie, but I like Jordans because as Tinker Hatfield said at TEDx, Michael Jordan is a provocateur and that's how I see the designs of the shoes themselves.

I was born in the 90s, was never interested in MJ or ball since about 10 years ago. My mom made me wear brown shoes with a smart casual outfit. She always thought I looked adorable in suits, but that was way back when I was a kid. I always envied the cool kids at school with their super cool sneakers. Rad colors and designs, stuff that made me a little insecure for being the only kid at school with brown shoes. Now I'm 20, and of all the shoes on the market, Jordans resemble those super cool sneakers I saw as a kid the most. Jordans are men's shoes, meant for basketball, but I wear them casually because it brings back good memories and makes me confident. I don't buy many shoes, I currently have 3: Air Max 97 OG, Jordan V Grape, Jordan V.5 Low in deep burgundy colorway (I know, I know, it's a "brown shoe". I guess my mom had more impact on me than I thought. Haha)

Last edited:
Yup easily black/red 11 numbers

Good to see ***** coming through for some people.My pair from NDC is scheduled to be delivered today.I love Nike and fnl super quick ground shipping.

It says sold out once you add....lol of course

Edit: take that back, was able to add a 10, hope I can trade for a 9.5 ... Good looking out though!

Last edited:
So alot people were still bothered by the leather even though they knew what was coming?

glad I don't have to worry bout these, hunting an 06 pair

Its been an interesting read but the grapes will dissapear there was a restock at hoh midtown ny they got like 20 sumthn pair...oh check your modells they were gettin 5s but it did not say which ones....

Does DSG usually send an email about your recent purchase right away? Hate to sound thirsty, just never bought from them before and I got the thank you page but I left, went back and it refreshed. Just want to make sure my order went thru lol....

wait a minute...did i read free shipping from FNL? how that happen? $8 and change ground shipping for me. Ain't tripping off it since I got cashback. Would be nice if I could get $8 back. 411?
nerd.gif
people need to stop asking for this or it will be gone next release just like the "backdoor" link. take it to the pm imo msg me

Got my pair from DSG yesterday, flawless. I went .5 size down and they fit perfect. Haven't had the chance to compare to my 06 pair but will post a few pics.

I'm old enough to recall the 80s Showtime Lakers. I recall they made history by being the first team to repeat as champions in 19 years in 1988, that was the first year I watched NBA.

Magic Johnson will always be my all-time favorite player ahead of Jordan. After Magic had a forced retirement in 1991, Jordan became my top favorite player. Perhaps its odd, but lots of Lakers fans embraced Jordan, and we do wear his sneaks.

But I'll definitely wear Jordan's shoes over any of Magic's Converse anytime. Even though the Lakers and Magic are my favorites, I just can't get into their colorways.

Jordan is the greatest shoe salesman ever. I like the fact his sneaks are black/red based, and also white based which make it easy to wear and match, Bulls colorways are more wearable than Lakers colorways in my opinion.

I always liked old Jordans because they always had a distinct, identifiable look for every model. I can also link them to his successful and championship seasons.

I'm glad I'm from Chicago and was able to witness the greatest ever

Yup easily black/red 11 numbers

Good to see ***** coming through for some people.My pair from NDC is scheduled to be delivered today.I love Nike and fnl super quick ground shipping.

blk red 11s numbers is on a whole other level. going to be like the 5th major restock. i already got a multiples so im definitely not buying any more 11s

Smh! Someone always has an opinion about someone else's life! Oh, so you have an opinion? So which bill of theirs will you be paying?

Anyways, my pair from Eastbay are scheduled to be here Friday! And yes I agree these will be a restocked!

Their "cartooning" him. You've never seen those self portraits with the accentuated features? I mean if you wanna call it that, that's on you but IMO, this isn't racist. It's just being misinterpreted.

Glad to see we're getting back on track here...lol

How do you know?
Do you have any clue about the history of South Africa much less the racist caricatures portraying black people over the years?
Do you think if it was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning they would elongate the lips and nose bigger?
Because you aren't offended, doesn't mean something doesn't have racial overtones.

If a jewish or gay person says they're offended, I'm deferring to them. I'm not going to tell them you shouldn't be offended, it's misinterpreted. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

If you were drawing an Asian person, would it be kosher to make fun of their eyes? No, because it's some stuff if you don't live in a cave, those lines you don't cross. You don't say, it's just a cartoon, because it shouldn't be done in the first place.

They're never getting a dollar from me.

Smh! Someone always has an opinion about someone else's life! Oh, so you have an opinion? So which bill of theirs will you be paying?

Anyways, my pair from Eastbay are scheduled to be here Friday! And yes I agree these will be a restocked!

opinion about someone else's life?CAN YOU READ SON?you obviously can't write(since these will be A RESTOCKED) but CAN YOU READ?I stated what was my problem with the guy.coming in here and saying 'yo i spend 1500 on sneakers every month,i got the money'.And you come back with 'opinion about someone's life'?damn you re ignorant.Next time i wanna disagree with someone's actions,i better pay his bills then...GO BACK TO SCHOOL KID.AND STAY THERE TILL YOU LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ.

Last edited:
opinion about someone else's life?CAN YOU READ SON?you obviously can't write(since these will be A RESTOCKED) but CAN YOU READ?I stated what was my problem with the guy.coming in here and saying 'yo i spend 1500 on sneakers every month,i got the money'.And you come back with 'opinion about someone's life'?damn you re ignorant.Next time i wanna disagree with someone's actions,i better pay his bills then...GO BACK TO SCHOOL KID.AND STAY THERE TILL YOU LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on anything. Also, your writing skills aren't up to par either(by what you just wrote). So I wouldn't point that out.

Its interesting to see the generational differences between older and younger Jordan wearers and collectors going through these posts.

The older ones seem to be true fans who grew up watching MJ in his prime during commercialization. Its like we get the retro sneaks to reminisce on past favorite models or to get ones we missed out on when they were out that time period. Older folks don't seem like resellers, no time for that, not worth the work for amount of profit.

The younger ones seem to only know about MJ because they were told about him through their parents. Most of them never saw him play, but he has that name recognition to the point they will buy his re-released sneaks that they feel is trendy.

Most people who wore Jordans back then were actual basketball fans, but times have dramatically changed, I doubt most of the young people who buy Jordans actually watch basketball, they're just wearing them to fit in. And most of the resellers are younger peeps.

Shhhhhh...

Someone must feel guilty!!!! First off I was not talking about you!! I never even read your comment about that. I was talking about the last 20-30 pages of this thread I just read about ppl worrying about the way ppl are rocking their shoes! Why care?? Second, don't assume everyone in this thread is a male. Third, oh my gosh I made a grammatical error? Sorry typing from a phone and not going back to proof-read! Lastly, I have been to school and obtained my MBA!! So you HAVE A GREAT day sir and remember its not always about YOu! Cause clearly I did not write my comment about u.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on anything. Also, your writing skills aren't up to par either(by what you just wrote). So I wouldn't point that out.

please enlighten me .and by the way,Im the one saying everyone can state their opinion no matter if they re payin someone's bills or not.JUST SAYIN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom