Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha my size to! I had to message him about it, once I get a response I'll let ya'll know. Really hoping he try's to justify it by saying "sold out everywhere" "very limited" "would go great with an all grape and emerald outfit, in front of a purple car"

Hahahha can't wait to hear this response!

I'm so glad these were an LS release in 2006.

No hypebeast, NOBODY had these. I went to school that Monday & killed everybody.

No crazy lines...walked in & walked out with 3 pairs...FA only got 18 pair. My homies got the rest.
the FBI has been notified.
wink.gif

No hypebeast, NOBODY had these. I went to school that Monday & killed everybody.

No crazy lines...walked in & walked out with 3 pairs...FA only got 18 pair. My homies got the rest.

There was also no instagram back then. No statement socks, no nerd glasses... Just the damn shoes that's it.

Simpler time back then.

well in the bay area Cali Aj been hypebeast for the longest. looks like jb trend is just hitting your area...

yall been sleeping underneath a rock?

Even 2011s? I was thinking of just selling my extra pair of grapes and paying the preorder price for the black grapes because I heard they will be limited release
I would say thats a better move if you have 2 pairs of grapes. Just trade white grapes for black grapes and have the package. Metallic 5s dont have the same hype behind them hence the price isnt crazy to get them. You can pick up metallics any time. Black grapes will keep hype and value until Aqua 8s drop. Plus their a clean solid colorway.

Last edited:
Even 2011s? I was thinking of just selling my extra pair of grapes and paying the preorder price for the black grapes because I heard they will be limited release

I would say thats a better move if you have 2 pairs of grapes. Just trade white grapes for black grapes and have the package. Metallic 5s dont have the same hype behind them hence the price isnt crazy to get them. You can pick up metallics any time. Black grapes will keep hype and value until Aqua 8s drop.

you sound nuts dude metallic v's from 2011 go for over $350

you can def get a pair anyday for that price but that trade wont just sit there because if he sleeps someone else with grapes will pounce

& if the black grapes are as limited as you claim why the hell would someone do a straight trade for white grapes when they would have likely restocked twice by 6/1/13

& they would supposledly hold its value until the aqua viii's drop :rofl: ..so even if all your other incorrect statements were true they would hold value until the fall of this yr when aqua viii's will prbly re-release :lol:

Last edited:
Sell your extra pair to pay for the preorder price.  Then you should also get tickets for black grape raffles.  If you end up with 2 black grapes, then trade/sell one for metallics.  It's very possible that black grapes should have an equal if not higher value than metallics.

Last edited:
I see. What I meant when I said I thought the tongue was going to be like the 2011 Metallics was that the front part of the tongue was going to flat and stiff while the back was where the cushioning was. I always expected the colors to be different.
Woah, man. Take it easy there, bro.

It's pretty sad to see people like this on NT. Instead of feeling like you're better than somebody else, you should ask questions like what stevesteve72 asked above.

For the record, I've had many Jordan Vs in the past. My first pair of Vs were the Stealth Vs in the mid 2000s followed by the Carolina Vs, the CDP Vs and so on. I never owned a pair of Grapes. I bought the Carolinas instead of the Grapes when they first released. Out of all the pairs of Vs I have, this is the first pair with a very different tongue than others. That was the main point I was trying to make. It was strange to me that the tongue felt so different from the others.

Finally, I did not buy the Black and Red XIs in 2012, I already had the CDP XIs. No need to buy another pair if my pair was only worn twice.

my bad man. I understand what your saying now. I'm just tired or these hype beasts. misunderstanding tho. I think the tongue is fine tho. I don't think it's any different from my 06 fire reds

you can def get a pair anyday for that price but that trade wont just sit there because if he sleeps someone else with grapes will pounce

& if the black grapes are as limited as you claim why the hell would someone do a straight trade for white grapes when they would have likely restocked twice by 6/1/13

& they would supposledly hold its value until the aqua viii's drop
roll.gif
..so even if all your other incorrect statements were true they would hold value until the fall of this yr when aqua viii's will prbly re-release
laugh.gif
Got My DS Metallics for $80 ppl dont go hard for them in NY and its EASY as hell to get them Honestly it depends on Who you know and how well you can  Hunt for what You want. Please read my story on how i got my Grapes. Got worn Twice cement 4s and Worn 5 times Black cement 3s for 145 with og everything sold both got 330 and just paid the reseller.

Walk in the rain

I can't say that to be totally true, I've worn my 06 grapes in the rain a bunch of times and no yellowing at all.... I suppose continuous wears will eventually yellow the soles..

Last edited:

Got My DS Metallics for $80 ppl dont go hard for them in NY and its EASY as hell to get them Honestly it depends on Who you know and how well you can  Hunt for what You want. Please read my story on how i got my Grapes. Got worn Twice cement 4s and Worn 5 times Black cement 3s for 145 with og everything sold both got 330 and just paid the reseller.

no clue who you8 got them from but its a complete steal...i also dont know your sz but saying its easy as hell you cant wear a 11.5/12

as for the others

that means nada to me because you are supposed to get deals on worn shoes playboy & i wouldnt ever buy used shoes

also you did get grapes but did a lot of moving & shakin

fam has grapes now...that he can straight swap for metallics....why make extra steps

LOL exactly why my pair will be on ice until next year if I even wear em...especially in my city...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom