Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

I was thinking of that too.

I know you guys are buying these based on nostalgia but take a look at the 'leather' on it. It's so glossy that it borderline resembes patent leather - unless it is patent leather. The overall lack quality and 'Icy Blue' sole makes these look incredibly off. Paying MSRP or reseller price for such low quality kicks is a travesty.

I know you guys are buying these based on nostalgia but take a look at the 'leather' on it. It's so glossy that it borderline resembes patent leather - unless it is patent leather. The overall lack quality and 'Icy Blue' sole makes these look incredibly off. Paying MSRP or reseller price for such low quality kicks is a travesty.

You must not own any of the most recent 3's, 4's, 6's, 7's and 9's. They've been using this same "glossy" looking leather.

Last edited:
^ Same. I've only worn my CDPs twice, and they are in great condition. The '23' on the side doesn't bother me a bit. 

My CDP look exactly like those. No need on wasting money because of the '23' not being there. I'm saving up for the black/royal 1s and Grape V anyway.

Last edited:
The blue tinted sole makes these look awful.....

|I :smh:

I actually agree somewhat. I'm still copping though. These are my favorite V's alongside the black/chrome V's.

I'll wear them a few times to get the soles to change tint a lil bit.

Should have retroed the OG's with the black tounges instead. Not really feeling the cdp pack 5's.

Step your game up son son. Both colorways are OG..

Lead42.jpeg

334-620x465.jpeg

519-620x465.jpeg

234-620x465.jpeg

LL

LL

LL

Last edited:
Blue icy sole don't like. They should of just pre -yellowed them like the air-unit!...

I know those pictures were on sneakernews and all the sites, but isn't the closet collector now pretty well known for selling fakes?

Blue tint on sole is a little stong, but I still love this shoe... 2013 is looking good to me with these, grapes, "he got games" lol, and BRED 13s!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!

Even though I would've preferred the black tongue fire red's I still might double up on these. Nothing better than a fresh pair of 5's on your feet :smokin

Hopefully JB releases the black tongues as well so I could finally pick up another pair. Hell release the metallics again with durabuck (wishful thinking)... The Retro 5's year will soon be upon us, it's about to feel like 2006 all over again :smokin

That blue tint is too much.  And the "leather"?  Laughable.  

Can't say with certainty that I'll cop a pair--may have to wait for more pics to surface closer to the drop date.  

Was considering but now it's a pass. I'll keep my cdps. In the closet collectors pics you can see they used that off white leather. The 2012 white cement 4s did to but I had to accept it for those.

Was considering but now it's a pass. I'll keep my cdps. In the closet collectors pics you can see they used that off white leather. The 2012 white cement 4s did to but I had to accept it for those.

White/Cement 4's have off-while leather? That's news to me.

Fortunately mine were white leather :lol:

TCC has posted a review on these.
If anyone is interested, its 17 minutes though.
Here's the link:

Im excited. Shoe is definitely an improvement look wise over the CDP. This fire red V will always hold a special place in my heart. It was my first shoe with Air. I remember getting them for Christmas 1990. I beat them to the ground. January 25th, 2000 I was at footaction at 8 in the moring here at Memorial City in Houston. I bought two pairs that day, and ended up beating one pair to the ground, and still have the other pair DS to this day. CDP's sucked to me and I never cared to buy them. The 23 on them ruined the shoe. The 23 IMO only belongs on the Black Tongue Fire Reds. Nevertheless, 2 pairs will be bought next January, exactly 13 Years after the First Retro released.

Back
Top Bottom