Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Is keeping the tissue paper in shoe boxes a bad idea? I've seen people say to take it out but I never knew why.

Oxidation is what makes the sneaker
It happens to just about everything on the planet, even metals....

I know what it is, and I understand it's inevitable after time. But I have 2-3 year old sneakers that are yellowed already. That's some bulli**** to me...if we can put a man on the moon, we should be able to figure out a way to slow down yellowing. It makes me wanna pass on icy soles, def a factor.

2-3 years and it started yellowing indicates overexposure to light.  if they've been sitting on your shelves in complete darkness, it's probably the heat/humid in your area.

I think the 2011 black metallic 5s ran closer to true to size. These fire red 5s are definitely bigger than the black metallic 5s for sure. 
Thanks a lot homie! I almost copped a 10.5 from Craigslist but they would have been too small. Saved me some time and money!

I keep
2-3 years and it started yellowing indicates overexposure to light.  if they've been sitting on your shelves in complete darkness, it's probably the heat/humid in your area.
I've always known about the sunlight issue. I keep them in boxes, in a walk in closet. closet is dry, I can def see heat being an issue. The shelves are kinda high, and heat rises...damn no goodie. Smh. Never even thought about heat...anybody wrap them in plastic wrap? I heard that Slows it down?

you guys on both sides of the coin in here being a lil too sensitive...

whether its robo copped or passed like steve nash opinions are opinions.

stop being so emo

These *** holes had mad pairs in stock, full size runs. I don't understand why people didn't get twitter RSVP's when they tweet this at 11 am saying first come first serve for all sizes, they STILL have sizes in stock...if u spend the effort to RSVP u should get a size if they have it in stock, this pissed me off today. I copped off NDC so it's all good, but I would have preferred to cop in store to check for quality issues and have them in hand. I just don't get it...

copped, but the quality of these are garbage compared to OG pairs, maybe you guys are hatin' since you don't have an og pair in your hands. but man oh man i seriously just got these cause the box lmfao. Thats the only thing i give these release over the OGs lol
Why are you laughing about sounding straight up dumb?

i kinda like the fact that these are stiffer than the og. i had every pair to the 13s in multiple colors. over time like an idiot, used them to play ball in, in the rain, snow, and even gave a few pair away. these are must grabs even if they were made of wood

Total time camping for me was more like 9 hours I got there a little bit b4 12am store opened at 9am. There was 8 chairs in front of me but no one in them. Those people didnt start showing up intuil around 6am.  It wasn't that bad though. I put two chairs up one for me and one for my friend who wasn't going to make it until 8am so he wanted me to help make sure he can secure a pair for sure.He wears a size 14 which no one needed in line so there wasnt no beef.Spent most of my time indoors though and was taking breaks inside restaraunts. I ate pretty good they have a new Dallas BBQ in Bay Plaza mall. First time eating from Dalllas BBQ & cheeseburgers are GREAT one of the best tasting i've had in my life along with shake shack. Good day for me hope it was too for everyone else!

copped, but the quality of these are garbage compared to OG pairs, maybe you guys are hatin' since you don't have an og pair in your hands. but man oh man i seriously just got these cause the box lmfao. Thats the only thing i give these release over the OGs lol

Do you know what OG means? It means original

So you have pairs from 1990? Anything after 1990 is a retro. Bragging about your OG's :smh:

Easiest....cop....ever... I just got done grocery shopping & for the hell of it called Hibbits to see what sizes they have. Guy on the phone said they had some 9s, 10.5s, & 11. He also said that to get em .5 size down cuz they run big. Went there, tried on the 9, was satisfied & copped. & this was all at 6pm. 

Just got home and threw it on. Went with my TTS but it still works for me. A little room up front. Quality is just okay but whatever. They're okay. Bought it more for nostalgic reasons.

First pair of js I ever owned in 1990

Wow easiest cop for me ever in the Bay Area. Just got off work in Fremont at 6. At 545 I called all the stores at new park mall and dude at footlocker saved me the last size 11. Just copped.

i wish yall would stop complaining about the leather they tried to give us a leather that wouldnt crease these past couple of retros cus people
were complaining about creasing now that we have a more tougher leather people complain that its too hard i swear yall dudes is on TURKEY TIME :smh:

The thing is though is that the people complaining about creasing don't have a leg to stand on. Shoes crease....ALL of them. The OGs creased and retros crease...they just crease differently. So why not bless us with that OG quality leather?

I'll clue you in-it has NOTHING to do with people complaining about creasing. JB isn't looking out for people with the plastic leather. It comes down to $$.

I get tired of people acting like you can't have a negative opinion about a shoe and voice it on a sneaker forum. The truth is that these materials get worse as time goes on, while the prices rise. Why is that supposed to be overlooked?

So you went to look a shoe that you had no money to buy.....
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Here's Oct 2012 to Jan. 2013....just sayin...

Not pictured KOBE VIII BHM and 3 x MBJ IXs.....

Sorry for the hijack.....
nthat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
These *** holes had mad pairs in stock, full size runs. I don't understand why people didn't get twitter RSVP's when they tweet this at 11 am saying first come first serve for all sizes, they STILL have sizes in stock...if u spend the effort to RSVP u should get a size if they have it in stock, this pissed me off today. I copped off NDC so it's all good, but I would have preferred to cop in store to check for quality issues and have them in hand. I just don't get it...
I think what happens is that dudes RSVP and then don't pick up the shoes. I'm pretty sure that the store RSVPs all of their pairs on Thursday. It's nice that they do FCFS afterwards. Nike Portland always does a second RSVP on release day after the initial pickup window is over.

You do realize that the box for the 2013s is patterned after the OGs. So where's this advantage you're speaking of?

Good luck in high school, kid.

Last edited:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I get tired of people acting like you can't have a negative opinion about a shoe and voice it on a sneaker forum. The truth is that these materials get worse as time goes on, while the prices rise. Why is that supposed to be overlooked?
Its one thing to have a legit discussion about the quality of materials on JB releases, I think everyone would appreciate it if it was the top quality leather possible. It's another thing for people to come in and "brag"  over and over in the same thread that they didn't cop, and hate on everyone who did because of the "crap" materials that they know damn well they've bought on other shoes and/or will continue to in the future. It's the hater mentality that people don't like. I'm all for JB stepping the game up on better materials, but this discussion has gone on and on release after release and they still sell out in minutes regardless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom