Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

personally i dont see the put of owning more then 2 of the same shoe of the same year rock one stock one what could the rest be used for? 

personally i dont see the put of owning more then 2 of the same shoe of the same year rock one stock one what could the rest be used for? 

^this

we'll see his pairs on ebay soon enough smh. Hopefully he wears a 11.5 so I can come up lol

Some people don't understand the concept of actually liking a shoe anymore. Some people like it for a reason, not because its the newest Jordan retro release.

If I had the $$ and space to put em, I'd have 5+ pairs of Fire Red Vs as well. My favorite shoe of all time.

Some people don't understand the concept of actually liking a shoe anymore. Some people like it for a reason, not because its the newest Jordan retro release.

If I had the $$ and space to put em, I'd have 5+ pairs of Fire Red Vs as well. My favorite shoe of all time.
im not questioning his love for the shoe lol my favorite shoe is the aqua 8 first shoe i ever bought with my own money and i love aqua and purple for personal reasons and when they come out this year ima buy 2 i have enough to get more but i dont see the point is wat im asking. i love my shoes to wear and the other would be to wear when i can wear the other one but theres no way to possible use all 5 so whats the point?

I just remember these back in high school. I never had them but I remember checking them out during math class. Just everything about the shoe I liked. There wasn't a thing I would change about them. The lines of the shoe, the leather as it wrapped around the toe box. The white upper, all black midsole and the red teeth were just perfect. Plus it had that clear sole. This was back when there was no hype for shoes. You bought them because you liked them. By the time I made it to the shoe store they were already sold out of them. So I bought every retro white/black/fire red since. These were a part of my memories back in the day when wearing Nike Air was great. Thats why I bought 5 of them.

I just remember these back in high school. I never had them but I remember checking them out during math class. Just everything about the shoe I liked. There wasn't a thing I would change about them. The lines of the shoe, the leather as it wrapped around the toe box. The white upper, all black midsole and the red teeth were just perfect. Plus it had that clear sole. This was back when there was no hype for shoes. You bought them because you liked them. By the time I made it to the shoe store they were already sold out of them. So I bought every retro white/black/fire red since. These were a part of my memories back in the day when wearing Nike Air was great. Thats why I bought 5 of them.
I know everyone has the right to their own opinion but dont mind these people laughing for no legit reason. I second what s dubl said, I'm glad to see people like you who actually bought the shoe for what they are. Makes it even better that these shoes have meaning to it for you. Who knows, these might not re-release for a long while, at least YOU know you'll be set with your pairs!

Last edited:
im not questioning his love for the shoe lol my favorite shoe is the aqua 8 first shoe i ever bought with my own money and i love aqua and purple for personal reasons and when they come out this year ima buy 2 i have enough to get more but i dont see the point is wat im asking. i love my shoes to wear and the other would be to wear when i can wear the other one but theres no way to possible use all 5 so whats the point?
It might not make sense to you as to why he has 5 pairs but it does to him. In the end that's all that really matters right?

It might not make sense to you as to why he has 5 pairs but it does to him. In the end that's all that really matters right?
yea its all that matters im not down playing his buy you know im just asking what he was doing with all of them. i have no prob with him doing that he likes the shoe cool not my money hes spending lol i just wanted someone to shed light one buying 2 vs more then too if anyone has done it i just wanted to know what they do with the extras

^^^ i feel you bro, buy maybe for gifts down the road? or maybe he just really wants a fresh pair when one gets worn out? like I said tho, we never really know when it'll re-release again. At least he'll be good knowing he has extra pairs on deck when in need.Lemme also add that I'm glad that these were an easy purchase for a lot of us. I know it all depends on your area. To those who still want em, good luck to ya'll! Keep looking, I'm sure something will pop up for retail, if not a little over! Peace

Last edited:
Greetings all. Been out of the sneaker game since 2002. Got back in about a year ago so need some help with these newer retro releases.

So I ordered a size 12 of these 2013 V's from FinishLine and bought a size 11.5 from a local mom n pop shop. Here's my question: the tongue on the size 12's (from Finishline) is bigger and taller than the tongue on my size 11.5 (from local shop). The Jumpman logo on the tongue is also noticeably larger on size 12 than on size 11.5. And the mesh netting on the side of size 12 also appears to be bigger than on size 11.5. Another difference is that the ridges on the tongue right below the Jumpman are more defined and deeper on size 12.  Now I know that 1/2 a size difference in a shoe should not vary the overall look of the sneaker, I'm just wondering is this something that typically happens with these newer releases, is this a manufacturing defect or is it possible that my local sporting goods store sold me a variant or a defective product or some early prototype release of this sneaker. Pictures included below. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.   

Size 12 on the outside, both 11.5 on the inside

11.5 on the left 12 on the right

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right

size 12 near, and 11.5 behind it

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right (plastic netting looks much bigger on size 12)

size 12 next to 11.5
im really suprise that no one has commented on this....the finishline pair is what my pair looks like and i have 2...i have never seen a tounge that short especially on the recent v's...if ur mom n pops store is known to sell legit pairs then maybe u got of those flawed pairs. but i would return that or get rid of that if u can.  it looks legit but the tounge is really short compared to the FNL pairs 

i slept on these but may try to snag a pair if I can find one at retail.  Lately, I haven't been all that excited about any of the releases for the next couple of months, including ASG/Raygun, OG 3's, upcoming foams and corks (although I was initially hyped about them all).  Most likely it's that I'm still a little jaded that I couldn't get the stealth foams and bred 11s last year. 
mean.gif
  Also thinking nice light colors for the hot a** summer that is approaching... these are looking more and more appealing.

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right
now that i had a good look at it, this is the only pair that is maybe flawed. cuz the other 11.5 just looks right , a bit short but not as low as this pair..but they look legit just some flaws on the height of tounge...just keep it and wear the 11.5

Last edited:
im really suprise that no one has commented on this....the finishline pair is what my pair looks like and i have 2...i have never seen a tounge that short especially on the recent v's...if ur mom n pops store is known to sell legit pairs then maybe u got of those flawed pairs. but i would return that or get rid of that if u can.  it looks legit but the tounge is really short compared to the FNL pairs 

Thats normal. I try to get all my 5s in a size 12 for this reason. My cdps are an 11.5 and ive been wanting to sell them and cop a size 12

For anyone still looking for a pair..

I got mine at Nike Town Chicago last week on Tuesday..stopped by last night (Sunday) and they still had them on display..so I assume there's still pairs (not sure what sizes though) available. Give them a call if you're still in need.

Don't pay resell prices..if these are still floating around for retail.

Thanks I appreciate your input. As far as authenticity they have nothing suggesting they may be fake, look identical to the size 12 from FNL down to the stitching, with the only exception being the mini features such as the smaller/shorter tongue and the side netting, and upon further inspection found some excess glue on 11.5 near the laces and tiny specs of glue on the tongue.  The mom and pop store I bought size 11.5 from have been in business since late 80's, even used to go there with my parents to cop my old J's back in the 90's, doubt they'd risk selling fakes but who knows maybe they sell defective J's if there's even such a thing (it's a shop in Brooklyn, NY called Central Sports). The other strange thing is all the reviews I've seen on youtube have the high tongue (size 9.5-11). Anyways I guess I'll chalk this up to a defect. will stock my size 12 until I beat up 11.5

I was able to snag a pair off of ebay for retail but kinda salty I have to cough up chips for shipping.... I am praying they aren't flawed like my NDC pair. (fingers crossed)
got my size 10 for retail on ebay the resellers are hurting on this one lol youll get ya pair im sure of it
Resellers are definitely hurting on this release.

I was able to snag a pair off of ebay for retail but kinda salty I have to cough up chips for shipping.... I am praying they aren't flawed like my NDC pair. (fingers crossed)

Resellers are definitely hurting on this release.
You'd end up paying the same with tax though.

Nice pick up. 

Just got mine in from eastbay. Right shoe feels like a 9 and the left feels like a true 9.5 and also the right shoe has a smaller tounge then the right shoe. Do ya think I can return them to footlocker? Since eastbay is the same company, or can I just return them to a nike outlet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom