Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

They’re limited, so they’ll sell out instantly. None of the hate or disdain will matter, so they’ll see no problem with these.

It will be triggering seeing these with Nike Air though.

Last edited:
These being limited tells me that they will eventually come with a true to form Gr of the Grapes.

These being limited tells me that they will eventually come with a true to form Gr of the Grapes.

It will be a few years then. They won’t allow people to satisfy their appetite for these being limited with an actual pair that comes with laces and a lace lock for the same price. These dropping would become pointless.

It will be a few years then. They won’t allow people to satisfy their appetite for these being limited with an actual pair that comes with laces and a lace lock for the same price. These dropping would become pointless.
Either the 30th anniversary (2020), or sooner than that maybe using these to create more hype/thirst for the real version.

The only reason why it works for will Smith is because the whole upper and lace portions weren't fully fused. There's a nice little lift and of course in person he had the option to wear them with laces and a lacelock or not. Also, it's s young Will Smith, dude coulda pulled off anything and made it work.

659463B5-887B-4E24-A0C7-7E223C4D165B.jpeg

It just won't work or look well at all. The upper is all fused so there won't be any give. It's gonna look bad from all angles He'll, a bigger dude won't even be able to pull these off or maybe even throw them on because of the nature of the shoe. It's just really not a good look in any way. You're kidding yourself if you think so.

37964763_252288352164470_6717002214386171904_n.jpg

And they look mad squashed and awkwardly long with the bloated toe panel

Keep in mind this is Will Smith dressing as a character on a TV show and not his actual fashion sense. This release is catered for teenagers and young adults who would have killed to actually grow up in the early 90s and are living in the past. Those of us who did see how stupid of a idea that this really is.

They’re limited, so they’ll sell out instantly. None of the hate or disdain will matter, so they’ll see no problem with these.

It will be triggering seeing these with Nike Air though.

Who said these were limited? Not all NRG releases are limited.

Who said these were limited? Not all NRG releases are limited.
They each have been limited. The degree to which they are limited varies. The complexcon 1s and the gold Toes were both NRG, but one was more limited than the other. There won’t be as much of these as the cements or shadow 10s I’m sure. No watch they’d make these non functional shoes a GR

They each have been limited. The degree to which they are limited varies. The complexcon 1s and the gold Toes were both NRG, but one was more limited than the other. There won’t be as much of these as the cements or shadow 10s I’m sure. No watch they’d make these non functional shoes a GR

The NRG label itself is subjective, the upcoming 4s will be in more stores (I know it depends on the allocation of pairs). You never know how this release will settle.

The NRG label itself is subjective, the upcoming 4s will be in more stores (I know it depends on the allocation of pairs). You never know how this release will settle.
Pretty obvious your a Will/Fresh prince fan. NRG is subjective I agree. You going for these?

Pretty obvious your a Will/Fresh prince fan. NRG is subjective I agree. You going for these?

To be quite honest I'm 50/50, the price of $190 (instead of $200) and the Nike Air branding are the positives. The negatives are the gimmicky aspects of the shoe. I want the original colorway (with laces, a lace lock, and Nike Air). If I'm able to secure a pair I will try to find a way to make them look decent. That Nike Air is just so beautiful. Why couldn't they just release the original colorway.

Will.gif

Back
Top Bottom