Air Jordan 6 “3M Reflective Infrared”

8CB522AF-EB01-4F9B-B167-632C0350E778.jpeg

I never could decide which laces I like better so I’ve just been wearing them like this lol.

For those of you lookin for a discounted pair. If you're size is still in stock

Use code save20 in NDC

Screenshot_20190824_011643.jpg

Did you use regular Scotchgard (suede/nubuck) or Scotchguard Fabric?

Neither. They make it for shoes. Foot Locker and Champs used to carry their in-house brand, but it's been discontinued. You can still find it in some stores though. I found a Kiwi brand at Target that I'm testing out now.

Neither. They make it for shoes. Foot Locker and Champs used to carry their in-house brand, but it's been discontinued. You can still find it in some stores though. I found a Kiwi brand at Target that I'm testing out now.

Need some links to youtube or the product or something.. this is the first time hearing about this. I was so lost all I could think of was tape. But I'm legit intrigued lol.

Need some links to youtube or the product or something.. this is the first time hearing about this. I was so lost all I could think of was tape. But I'm legit intrigued lol.

Man, really? As long as you've been around here and nobody at FTL ever hit you with the "sneaker protector" pitch? That kinda surprises me haha. Dudes used to be relentless with that. Even when I worked there, my manager had a whole routine worked out to show it off/get people to buy it.

Man, really? As long as you've been around here and nobody at FTL ever hit you with the "sneaker protector" pitch? That kinda surprises me haha. Dudes used to be relentless with that. Even when I worked there, my manager had a whole routine worked out to show it off/get people to buy it.

:lol: they definitely have and either I wasn't paying attention/said I'm good immediately or they always offered other things. It's probably that they offered the product but I say 'I'm good' so quickly that they never got a chance to explain it. FA usually offers cleaning stuff like Jasons Mark but never a scotch guard type of thing.

My manager used to keep a bottle around the corner from the register. He'd spray the toe of whatever shoe he was wearing right before he brought somebody their pair to try on, then "accidentally" spill something on himself and when it rolled right off in front of the customer be like "damn, good thing I used our sneaker protector, or that would've been ugly! You want me to throw a bottle in with your pair?" Sht worked like a charm like 98% of the time. :lol:

Applied some Scotchguard Suede/Nubuck spray to a napkin and dabbed a small area of one shoe. No change. After 24 hours, looks the same.

Was testing to see if it looked duller, but not to my eye. Reflection/shine is also similar to the unsprayed pair.

Applied some Scotchguard Suede/Nubuck spray to a napkin and dabbed a small area of one shoe. No change. After 24 hours, looks the same.

Was testing to see if it looked duller, but not to my eye. Reflection/shine is also similar to the unsprayed pair.

I always kinda assumed that most of us used this stuff on every pair. I'm just now learning it's the exact opposite and most folks don't haha. This stuff should not change the look or texture of the shoes at. all. I'll try to post a pic of one of my suede pairs tonight when I get home.

I always kinda assumed that most of us used this stuff on every pair. I'm just now learning it's the exact opposite and most folks don't haha. This stuff should not change the look or texture of the shoes at. all. I'll try to post a pic of one of my suede pairs tonight when I get home.

I only put Scotchguard on my suede/nubuck shoes (jordan 4s, clark desert boots). Leather shoes are easy to clean for me and I apply lexol leather conditioner after.

I've just never heard of anyone putting scotchguard on 3M material before.

I only put Scotchguard on my suede/nubuck shoes (jordan 4s, clark desert boots). Leather shoes are easy to clean for me and I apply lexol leather conditioner after.

Me neither. I have the 7s and 8s worn both unprotected but would like to preserve them...

Now I do have a pair of Inspire 5s that won't see the light of day until I get some type of water and stain repellent...
Any suggestions for those???

Me neither. I have the 7s and 8s worn both unprotected but would like to preserve them...

Now I do have a pair of Inspire 5s that won't see the light of day until I get some type of water and stain repellent...
Any suggestions for those???

This stuff is like Frank's Red Hot to me. I put that sht on EVERYTHING, no matter what material they're made of. I've had the stitching on several light colored pairs saved by this stuff. Cold water + a paper towel and good as new.

Back
Top Bottom