Air Jordan 6 "Hornets" To Release All-Star Weekend

These are on sale for $190 @FL. They had them setting up on the shelf where they looked purple from the angle but of course looked totally different when I picked them up. I don't really like the design of the 6 but these really caught my eye... I would have never bought if I hadn't seen them in person. I expected to walk out with the barons but left with these instead.

These are on sale for $190 @FL. They had them setting up on the shelf where they looked purple from the angle but of course looked totally different when I picked them up. I don't really like the design of the 6 but these really caught my eye... I would have never bought if I hadn't seen them in person. I expected to walk out with the barons but left with these instead.

These were on sale at tons of places for much less than $190 bruh

IDK why but every time I reach for these I put them back in the closet. I really wish the purple was the dominant color.  The sewer green is just too much at times...

Im seriously considering getting these customized but I want the candy coat effect still.

Anybody got pics of customs with these as the template?

Tempted to buy those and return the ones I got from FL... but do I want too be bothering tying up $110 to save $35? Cheapness or laziness... which force will prevail. Probably the later... unless I can find another pair of shoes there that I want, in which case I won't actually be saving **** as I will end up spending more on another pair of shoes. The inner conflict of a semi serious neakerhead.

Anyway I really like the bottom of the shoes... looks like black mother of pearl. I have this Bulova and I highly recommend it as it's a nice watch and it's really cheap.

View media item 2453931

I've had it for over 5 years... tempted to buy another because my band and face are pretty worn (wish it had a sapphire crystal), but I don't like buying the same things twice. There aren't an awful lot of men's watches that are black MOP... other than that Day Date that is still a couple of years off for me. I might try to track down this Tissot though...

View media item 2453940

Tempted to buy those and return the ones I got from FL... but do I want too be bothering tying up $110 to save $35? Cheapness or laziness... which force will prevail. Probably the later... unless I can find another pair of shoes there that I want, in which case I won't actually be saving **** as I will end up spending more on another pair of shoes. The inner conflict of a semi serious neakerhead.

Anyway I really like the bottom of the shoes... looks like black mother of pearl. I have this Bulova and I highly recommend it as it's a nice watch and it's really cheap.

View media item 2453931

I've had it for over 5 years... tempted to buy another because my band and face are pretty worn (wish it had a sapphire crystal), but I don't like buying the same things twice. There aren't an awful lot of men's watches that are black MOP... other than that Day Date that is still a couple of years off for me. I might try to track down this Tissot though...

View media item 2453940

If you used any Footlocker Platinum VIP rewards for the purchase you will lose them if you return the shoes back to FL.

I got them from Finish Line, my friend let me use his discount. These are on sale for $150 @ Foot Locker RN, wish I could get that 30% off there too.

So this is my run down of this shoe. This is technically a Hornets Colorway with the Purple/Teal and honeycomb design throughout. 

Since the AllStar game was pulled from Charlotte due to the "bathroom scandal" thing goin on, these were considered irrelevant and missed the mark with the release.

I personally had been anticipating this release for several reasons. 1. Jordan VI's are my favorite model and 2. I'm from Charlotte. 

I ended up getting 2 pair of these in a local finishline the day of release for retail box price. I waited to rock them luckily because the day I was going to rock them, they popped up online for $149.99! I instantly went to the store and got the difference back. I know I could have got them cheaper if I wanted to wait. But I had to rock them. They are sooo clean. 

At some angles my size 11 looks all black when I look down, then bam. It flip flops to green and purple like the lace tips. Reminds me of a old bubble impala back in the day with the chameleon flip flop paint. lol 

Also, there is an area on one of mine that has the dopest texture/design to the leather that looks like shark skin. Soooo dope. 

And maaaaan, the smell on these! Wow, never smelt a pair like this in 33 years. Can't even describe it. 

So glad I got this shoe, regardless of hype or not. I had to have them. I thoroughly enjoy wearing them and often get people sweatin them on foot.

Everyone rock what you like! 

Life>Shoes

Last edited:

So this is my run down of this shoe. This is technically a Hornets Colorway with the Purple/Teal and honeycomb design throughout. 

Since the AllStar game was pulled from Charlotte due to the "bathroom scandal" thing goin on, these were considered irrelevant and missed the mark with the release.

I personally had been anticipating this release for several reasons. 1. Jordan VI's are my favorite model and 2. I'm from Charlotte. 

I ended up getting 2 pair of these in a local finishline the day of release for retail box price. I waited to rock them luckily because the day I was going to rock them, they popped up online for $149.99! I instantly went to the store and got the difference back. I know I could have got them cheaper if I wanted to wait. But I had to rock them. They are sooo clean. 

At some angles my size 11 looks all black when I look down, then bam. It flip flops to green and purple like the lace tips. Reminds me of a old bubble impala back in the day with the chameleon flip flop paint. lol 

Also, there is an area on one of mine that has the dopest texture/design to the leather that looks like shark skin. Soooo dope. 

And maaaaan, the smell on these! Wow, never smelt a pair like this in 33 years. Can't even describe it. 

So glad I got this shoe, regardless of hype or not. I had to have them. I thoroughly enjoy wearing them and often get people sweatin them on foot.

Everyone rock what you like! 

Life>Shoes
Agree with all of this. They do have an interesting aroma. 

Oneness says not eligible for promo code "DAD."  Guess they want to hold their inventory even longer.

I have never been one to follow trends, If everyone had it I didn't want it even tho Jordan they made/make beautiful shoes. That's one reason I never got into them (that and I knew I would go broke if I did lol). Passed by footlocker yesterday and seen these 6s for 199 (In Canada, from Montreal). The more I looked at them the more they had potential plus the price seemed fair for a Jordan. Man this shoe is sick. It has a bit of flash but still understated. I'm tempted to pick up a second pair to keep on ice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom