Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked them so much I wore my pair out years ago. I'll be happy to see a fresh new pair for sale

rae,l;b jkvaq jtravOUTMJUV IM,AM CT,OITMU4owu AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RBOBBOBOBOBOB CCCOOOPOPP

AHAHHAHAHAAHHA i need like 5 jobs to grab like 100000 pairs dlsgf; gjlsgjlakgjksadfj;l AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally Posted by green rhino123

should just do summer 2012 for the games
arguably considered the best air jordan retro+

will not cop but cats would go bonkers
Yeah it would make more sense for these to drop July/August instead of fall.

I love some navy sneakers so yep, robocopped.

Now if they drop these? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

air-jordan-6-midnight-navy-retro.jpg

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

would rather have 00s (with these popping up, I wouldn't doubt people would try to cash out while the money is still there, same story on white/black-True Red Xs....I've already seen quite a few white/ black-royal- orange flame (NY) Xs, white/black- royal blue- metallic silver (Orlando) Xs, and white/ black-kelly-yellow gold (Seattle) Xs go on the bay for pretty reasonable values).

PASS, why not just buy the real thing? (nobody said this hobby was cheap)...the beasts don't even know what these are, it'd be funny if they sat, though I seriously doubt that will happen
if you want the originals so bad, no one is stopping you. not everyone has hundreds to track down every older release. and what exactly makes these Olympics dropping fraudulent? Theyre still by Jordan Brand in the same colorway it was 11 years ago. people are hung up on the past that they'll do anything to recapture it. if you want to collect OGs, that's good for you. But there's no need to bash Jordan Brand for making an effort for the first time in years.

and as far as people collecting Jordans for future value, that is pretty stupid IMO. EVERY colorway will re-release and when that happens, its only natural that older retros drop in price. The young bucks get their desired colorways, and the older generation gets their OG releases for much cheaper. its a win-win situation.

You guys can take shots at me for what I said, do what you please. JB has given us NO REASON to think that they're going to change direction on quality issues which has been in decline for years - minus the banned's and BIN series, etc... But what I'm saying is considered to be beating a dead horse or "playing a record that's already been played."

"yeah it sucks you wasted so much money on a older pair but at least you have the ORIGINAL release with high quality leather. for you to keep certain colorways unretroed because you have them is selfish. The new generation deserves to enjoy them as much as you have throughout the years."

You don't even know how much I dropped on my pair, and if you did you'd be surprised - AND it's not even DS for those of you that like to assume. No one's being selfish, all I'm saying is that if they're gonna re-retro something - DO IT RIGHT and DO JUSTICE to the shoe/colorway itself.

Never Wear Them - If what you said is directed at me (and I don't see how it wasn't), you can call me out all you want. Yes, I acquired these a couple months ago BUT I'm far from a noob. You don't know me or know what shoes I own and grew up with to base my quality rant upon. Your assumption has no merit.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

You guys can take shots at me for what I said, do what you please. JB has given us NO REASON to think that they're going to change direction on quality issues which has been in decline for years - minus the banned's and BIN series, etc... But what I'm saying is considered to be beating a dead horse or "playing a record that's already been played."

"yeah it sucks you wasted so much money on a older pair but at least you have the ORIGINAL release with high quality leather. for you to keep certain colorways unretroed because you have them is selfish. The new generation deserves to enjoy them as much as you have throughout the years."

You don't even know how much I dropped on my pair, and if you did you'd be surprised - AND it's not even DS for those of you that like to assume. No one's being selfish, all I'm saying is that if they're gonna re-retro something - DO IT RIGHT and DO JUSTICE to the shoe/colorway itself.

Never Wear Them - If what you said is directed at me (and I don't see how it wasn't), you can call me out all you want. Yes, I acquired these a couple months ago BUT I'm far from a noob. You don't know me or know what shoes I own and grew up with to base my quality rant upon. Your assumption has no merit.
How are they not doing these shoes justice? Its too early to even tell. Fall 2012 is nearly a year away. And you act like we're seeing a final product pic. It's just a blurry rendering and is not indicative of what the final product will look like. For instance, the True Blue III catalogue pic had a red lining behind the tounge. The final product ended up having the standard blue lining.
Let's wait until production pairs start surfacing. I have a feeling that they won't disappoint. Although if you want TRUE quality that will meet your standards, you're buying the wrong brand.

Originally Posted by sthebest

How are they not doing these shoes justice? Its too early to even tell. Fall 2012 is nearly a year away. And you act like we're seeing a final product pic. It's just a blurry rendering and is not indicative of what the final product will look like. For instance, the True Blue III catalogue pic had a red lining behind the tounge. The final product ended up having the standard blue lining.
Let's wait until production pairs start surfacing. I have a feeling that they won't disappoint. Although if you want TRUE quality that will meet your standards, you're buying the wrong brand.

Man I know I jumped the gun with my rant, but JB has embedded an expected disappointment over the years. We shouldn't have to reminisce about the eras in which original j's came if they would release stuff that's up to par or better than the old.

I hope JB proves everyone that nags about quality (even my self) wrong instead of giving us the ultimate power of "Told you so..."

No hard feelings to anyone either, I just felt the need to defend the original as it is one of my grails... hopefully you can understand.

grin.gif

...if this is true...can't wait for the release...was in basic training when these first dropped...

these last 2 years have been amazing. all the great shoes from 00-01 plus a few joints that never retroed before like the bordeauxs..

retiring next year after getting a new pair of columbias cuz my 01s are so yellow

HustlinFlip wrote:
What are you guys happy about?

I've hardly ever argued about quality (I just choose to not purchase so I can avoid the ultimate disappoint that would ensue).

Yes, they're retro-ing BUT...

- Midsole change (already pointed out)
- Crappy leather and quality (if you've never owned or had the chance to see and feel the quality of a pair from 2000, I expect you to be happy with anything.)

Why can't we argue for quality associated with the "banned 1" release? Give or take a year before that release, the "strap 1's" had semi hype but were never near the reselling prices of the banned pairs. You'd think JB would get the hint, consumers are willing to pay more for quality.

In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after.

You can call this 2012 release whatever you want, but these will never be real Olympics.

5889248420_bed8424a13_b.jpg

[/rant]
grin.gif

Man I know I jumped the gun with my rant, but JB has embedded an expected disappointment over the years. We shouldn't have to reminisce about the eras in which original j's came if they would release stuff that's up to par or better than the old.

I hope JB proves everyone that nags about quality (even my self) wrong instead of giving us the ultimate power of "Told you so..."

No hard feelings to anyone either, I just felt the need to defend the original as it is one of my grails... hopefully you can understand.

grin.gif
no hard feelings bro, its just that its too early to judge. I know how you feel, but im just glad theyre making colorways people want again and are attempting to increase the quality (the better paint on this year's 3s was a great start) 

i'm going to hold jb to a higher standard on these since i am a proud owner of the olympic vi's. i didn't pay as much as others did in order to acquire their pairs ($300 back in '08), but i did pay a good amount even though they were used. couldn't buy these ds because i didn't want to take the chance of them crumbling on me after a couple of wears. i like to wear my shoes so i can't understand how some people consider these to be their 'grails' but don't wear them. but i tell you, if jb can screw up the black/infared vi's with the change of durabuck to nubuck, then they can screw these up, too.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

wow

glad i never copped a pair for the crazy amounts there got for

hope this is a GR
Most likely. most shoes that are known about this early are GR

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

i'm going to hold jb to a higher standard on these since i am a proud owner of the olympic vi's. i didn't pay as much as others did in order to acquire their pairs ($300 back in '08), but i did pay a good amount even though they were used. couldn't buy these ds because i didn't want to take the chance of them crumbling on me after a couple of wears. i like to wear my shoes so i can't understand how some people consider these to be their 'grails' but don't wear them. but i tell you, if jb can screw up the black/infared vi's with the change of durabuck to nubuck, then they can screw these up, too.

the only reason they made that change is because JB as a company doesn't use durabuck anymore on any of their shoes (as a matter of fact, neither does Nike. they use something close but its not the same)

I'm not sure how I feel about this. While it's kinda good being that I might not spend a ridiculous amount on the originals but at the same time it really makes me realize how Jordan Brand is losing it's nostalgia. I would think to myself like remember when "so and so" came out like man that was an amazing time. Pretty soon every shoe is going to be retroed and what will be left of the brand?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

the only reason they made that change is because JB as a company doesn't use durabuck anymore on any of their shoes (as a matter of fact, neither does Nike. they use something close but its not the same)

the kids versions still get durabuck or something very close to it. a lot better than the crap they used on the vi's and v's. it looks good but it wears out very bad. i've been wearing the black/metallic v's almost everyday for work since they came out in august. they look like crap now. nubuck is cracked and peeling in the areas that crease on the toebox. i can't imagine how the black/cement iv's will look like with this material next year.

Don't trip, wasn't going at you. 
In general. 

I'm just sayin, I had these at one point (short period) and flipped em for 400$ quick, once I bought em. 

Quality declines, no doubt about that. I for one, and I'm most def positive a lot of others, have adapted through out the early retro faze. 

heck... I complained about the retro 12s back then... they didn't have the medial side proportioned/correct and was throwing the shoe off... I got used to it, took it, for what its worth now-a-days. 

one thing for sure tho.... The old nwt is slowly coming back to JB... 
laugh.gif
. back to coppin' 2-3 pairs of every air jordan. 
sick.gif

Air Jordans and the Kobe line will keep me pretty busy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom