Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Curious to know where you stand with all of this after the past couple days?

I have a pair coming. A few pages back, I said I’d review it because I wanna see it for myself but I echo the sentiments spoken by everyone here about pink gate. It’s still a terrible look and I’m hoping it doesn’t happen to pairs that come white.

I spoke to a former Jordan Brand PLM (can’t say who) last year about glitter gate on the 1s and he said the following

4E4A9A55-A0CF-4675-97A1-44211C9E448B.jpeg

I have a pair coming. A few pages back, I said I’d review it because I wanna see it for myself but I echo the sentiments spoken by everyone here about pink gate. It’s still a terrible look and I’m hoping it doesn’t happen to pairs that come white.

I spoke to a former Jordan Brand PLM (can’t say who) last year about glitter gate on the 1s and he said the following

The way it’s worded suggests that they’ve done no investigation into the glitter. No wonder they “never did understand.” It takes work to figure out a root cause.

Hopefully Nike got all the defective pairs back

Have we ever had bleeding issues with sneakers that took place only on sneakers from a particular factory?

I’m just wondering if the bleeding could be because a particular place messed up on the process which would cause only a vast number of these pairs to have issues

God. It’s come to me making up every excuse to be positive here 😂 denial at its finest

The way it’s worded suggests that they’ve done no investigation into the glitter. No wonder they “never did understand.” It takes work to figure out a root cause.

True and that’s a testament of money saving tactics the brand does to increase their profit margins. I don’t think any of us were expecting glitter on our Air Jordan 1s to show up years later. That’s why I feel this paint/dye issue on the 6 is something that will eventually turn on unaffected pairs down the road but again, something we’ll just have to monitor.

Back
Top Bottom