Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

62989E53-AD6B-41C7-AEEA-AC0E85B1F4FE.jpeg

GS pair came in! Waiting on PS pair.
JB slacking for not giving us an OG box, and just a regular black box

77F0F6E9-6CC7-47F1-9EAC-DEAC75480C98.jpeg

Holly crap....that ankle bubble area is OG! The adult pairs on this release, and every past 6 release to my recollection, has been missing this detail where it's just stitching and not a separate recessed layer. I'll take that over the box any day! Why the heck would JB do this on GS pairs and not the adult?!!!!!!!

Anyone roll through Footlocker Unionsquare?
Anyone pick up a pair or know if stock is all out? Looking for a sz 11-11.5 if anyone can help. Thinking of taking a trip tom. For when they first open. Although, they are probably sold out right?

Last edited:
as i stated before there have been shoes that nike released that the midsole turned pink over time

Right. Do you know why? Without knowing why, all we know then is that it’s possible. No one is arguing that it’s not possible. We want to know if it’s likely/probable, so we can purchase or skip accordingly.

Unfortunately, no one knows. So it comes down to how much you want Carmines, how much the light pink bothers you, and how you would feel if it got worse over time. For me, Carmines are a top-15 sneaker of all-time and the so-called pink seems more like shadows/illusions to me, so I’m happy with my pairs.If they get worse though, I’ll be annoyed. For now, I’m thoroughly enjoying them, having worn them Saturday, Sunday, and again today.

Thankfully, right now $219 isn’t a big deal to me. If I had a family to worry about or my finances were in bad shape, obviously I may feel differently.

Holly crap....that ankle bubble area is OG! The adult pairs on this release, and every past 6 release to my recollection, has been missing this detail where it's just stitching and not a separate recessed layer. I'll take that over the box any day! Why the heck would JB do this on GS pairs and not the adult?!!!!!!!
It was never a separate layer on men’s pairs although it was embossed to look that way. They do need to add the embossing back to the men’s though.

So it comes down to how much you want Carmines, how much the light pink bothers you, and how you would feel if it got worse over time. For me, Carmines are a top-15 sneaker of all-time and the so-called pink seems more like shadows/illusions to me, so I’m happy with my pairs.
Nike Air Carmines, the first since 1991. It’s a must have and even if I get a slight pink, I don’t care. Should this even be a problem? Well, no, but a lot of things shouldn’t have been a problem with Jordan Brand. This is just one more thing in their history in which they messed up. Look at all of the 2011 Banned 1s they messed up with the wrong date. All of them went to the outlets because of their idiocy. They should be immaculate with these OG releases but it’s a Mickey Mouse operation over there. As far as these Carmines, the color of the midsoles change color anyway with age, so they are gonna change colors no matter what. In the grand scale of things, this one isn’t going to ruin this shoe for me. Non-sneaker people won’t even notice. It’s only detailed people like us “sneakerheads” that know about the issue.

I only meant the shoes in hand were well done. No sneaker release is a great process anymore, I’m with you. There will still be more pairs released which should provide more chances at retail, as well as drive down stupid resell

Great release?

1613525354119.gif

Glad you got a good pair. I’m a little salty for not hitting but, this release was not it.

Crazy thing is when I went to get a pair, they only had defective ones, I KNEW they (FTL) wouldn't send them back.. that was yesterday. Remember, if they had any pink pairs per inspection; those pairs were supposed to go back.

Not in NYC the land of the savage. There were tons of resellers there getting pairs so for anyone copping aftermarket, unless you can SEE them, there's no telling what you will get.

It was never a separate layer on men’s pairs although it was embossed to look that way. They do need to add the embossing back to the men’s though.

So is that GS pair above embossed? If so, it really looks like a 2nd layer; but yes, that's a detail they need to fix!

Back
Top Bottom