Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I know everyone is complaining about how hard these were to cop, but remember the sneaker paradox - if it’s easy to buy, then the casuals don’t want them. We’ve seen it over and over again. Look at the Roshes. Highly desired when they were limited (lol at people paying $2-300 resale for the OG colorways) but once Nike made too many of them, everyone started ignoring them.

Don’t blame Nike for limiting supply. Blame all the millennials for chasing clout.

One thing I don't think get's talked about enough up here is the effect fashion trends have on the demand for some of these shoes. By in large I would say most users on NT are older, have developed our own sense of style and taste by this point that it doesn't change nearly as much as the younger generation interested in sneakers and fashion.

Just for reference find the biggest IG influencers, sneaker pages, YTer's etc. If you scroll their feed now all you will see are Nikes. That will include Jordan retros mainly (1's,3's,4's,5's,6's), Dunks, and classic Nike Sportswear models such as AF1's and Blazers. Couple years ago it was all Yeezy and Adidas that has basically been eliminated. Their clothing choices to match these shoes have changed as well the skinny and tapered pants have been replaced with straight leg and more baggy pants to fit the chunkier shoes. Their collection of Box logos and Supreme tee's have been replaced with Vintage t-shirts. I used to be able to grab pre owned Carhartt jackets on ebay for like $25-$30 all day long. Now those same WORN jackets will run me $200 easy.

If the general sneaker population are a school of bait fish, the resellers are just sharks following the money. Nike definitely has a hand in this by putting certain celebrities' in specific shoes because America's fashion trends change frequently and are celebrity driven. It's just so many different factors added to the pot that creates this situation we have right here.

I know everyone is complaining about how hard these were to cop, but remember the sneaker paradox - if it’s easy to buy, then the casuals don’t want them. We’ve seen it over and over again. Look at the Roshes. Highly desired when they were limited (lol at people paying $2-300 resale for the OG colorways) but once Nike made too many of them, everyone started ignoring them.

Don’t blame Nike for limiting supply. Blame all the millennials for chasing clout.
You blaming the wrong generation Most of us pushing 30 or older.

My first pair just arrived. That's the one I bought on SNKRS.

24B10208-9B22-4FC9-8391-CE7707870EEB.jpeg
2644702B-043B-4844-95BD-33E3A796D6B1.jpeg

Union Square said they sold out..wouldve been nice to know about this when they had stock smh. Impossible knowing which store to call and when you do no one picks up. How are people that aren't resellers supposed to catch any of this?

just gonna have to have some luck and do the leg work at this point. I rely on nobody nor do I have anybody to help Me so it’s me getting on my horse and making the rounds on having luck. This is what it is right now. Cold business.

Last edited:
For any Brooklyn/NYC NT’ers the Flight 23 store in downtown Brooklyn had physical pairs today but the manager had shut down the release due to the line not listening. They have pairs tho and I’m going on a trip this weekend so idk if they going to be selling them beginning tomorrow or the weekend

Yep, picked up a pair of Rose Carmines from FTL! In my mind, I’m going to believe this was an exclusive colorway release for Valentines! 🤷🏾‍♂️😩

11D2F9AC-7838-4918-BADE-EF2F9D56907E.jpeg
B513C899-FBFD-4642-B9AC-7175AF12CBB1.jpeg

P.S. 42nd St is cooked! Got lucky with the last 11.5.
Man beside the midsole being off this is such a sexy sneaker I absolutely love the carmines.

So if the midsole is supposed to gradually turn pink because of the paint, yet through wear and oxidation the midsole turns yellow. Does that mean the midsole with ultimately turn orange?

Back
Top Bottom