Air Jordan 7 Milwaukee Bucks Ray Allen 6/22/19

Yeah it’s weird how Cityblue pretty much stopped doing any kind of sales when they used to have one basically every Monday and all holidays
No tax and free shipping with good discos was so awesome

Aye folks. Need suggestions between coppin my first ever 7s. Im deciding between the patta 7 or the Barcelona nights as those are the two colorways i like. Anyone have both? Hows the quality?
Buy the Bordeaux's instead.

I don't have either that you mentioned, but I bet the patta's are lightyears better.

I believe Nike/JB cracked down on them for that.

Never heard that... still...... lapstone is basically the same company and they have a 30% off every other week it seems like.... I prefer Cityblue because you have to spend too much to get free shipping at lapstone.... almost takes away from getting the 30% if the shipping is $10

I use to catch steals on Cityblue now all of a sudden they don’t throw any deals

I definitely remember emailing them for an invoice multiple times until they emailed back with the discounted price on a Monday.

I scored the AJ1 high OG red metallic and black Motorsport Jordan 4 for 30%, 2 days after release.

Never heard that... still...... lapstone is basically the same company and they have a 30% off every other week it seems like.... I prefer Cityblue because you have to spend too much to get free shipping at lapstone.... almost takes away from getting the 30% if the shipping is $10

I use to catch steals on Cityblue now all of a sudden they don’t throw any deals

I definitely remember emailing them for an invoice multiple times until they emailed back with the discounted price on a Monday.

I scored the AJ1 high OG red metallic and black Motorsport Jordan 4 for 30%, 2 days after release.

The issue with the discounts that Nike/JB didn’t like was that they were discounting items too quickly.

Yeah. 2 days is pretty quick for a discount, but good for us.

But I feel like once the store (city blue) has them in stock, they can sell them for whatever MSRP they want. They already gave JB the money for the shoes.

I guess JB has some sort of rules and guidelines under contract about discounts, etc. Not a good look for them when a shoe is already heavily discounted just 48 hours after release.

Yeah. 2 days is pretty quick for a discount, but good for us.

But I feel like once the store (city blue) has them in stock, they can sell them for whatever MSRP they want. They already gave JB the money for the shoes.

I guess JB has some sort of rules and guidelines under contract about discounts, etc. Not a good look for them when a shoe is already heavily discounted just 48 hours after release.

Yep, you are absolutely correct about this.

This is what caused the big FTL/Nike-Jordan war in the early 2000's when FTL stopped selling Jordans and higher end Nikes.

This is what caused the big FTL/Nike-Jordan war in the early 2000's when FTL stopped selling Jordans and higher end Nikes.

Ohhh wow, I forgot about that. I remember going to the Athletes Foot in like 2002 or 2003 and being shocked that they weren’t selling retros anymore.

Ohhh wow, I forgot about that. I remember going to the Athletes Foot in like 2002 or 2003 and being shocked that they weren’t selling retros anymore.

Yep. Nike told FTL that they needed to stop discounting shoes both so quickly AND so drastically. At one point when I worked at FTL I remember "the catalog" aka Eastbay, being able to price match shoes we had in store. As long as we had a sku to give them over the phone, they would do it, no matter what the price. I remember blowing out black toe 14's at $19.99 like a year and a half after they released. Laney 5's for $16 on F&F sale. Nike HATED that for some reason, even though they already had their money. FTL president basically told them he'd gladly stop doing those things if they lowered the cost of their shoes, and it turned into a big pissing contest. Both sides claimed they were the ones to leave the relationship, and both brands suffered as a result. Took a couple of years before everything settled back down.

Yep. Nike told FTL that they needed to stop discounting shoes both so quickly AND so drastically. At one point when I worked at FTL I remember "the catalog" aka Eastbay, being able to price match shoes we had in store. As long as we had a sku to give them over the phone, they would do it, no matter what the price. I remember blowing out black toe 14's at $19.99 like a year and a half after they released. Laney 5's for $16 on F&F sale. Nike HATED that for some reason, even though they already had their money. FTL president basically told them he'd gladly stop doing those things if they lowered the cost of their shoes, and it turned into a big pissing contest. Both sides claimed they were the ones to leave the relationship, and both brands suffered as a result. Took a couple of years before everything settled back down.

Yeah wow, interesting story-thanks for sharing! B&M sales were also a much bigger part of the retail market in the early 2000s so it makes sense why FTL had that kind of leverage back then. Nowadays, Nike/JB probably just threaten to remove JB retail accounts for retro purchases and places like City Blue, etc. are basically strong-armed into complying with them because they’re some of the only items that will initially bring people into stores and also attract online buyers.

I do wonder how Nike’s relationship with Amazon will continue into the 2020s. I know Amazon banned 3rd party sales of a lot of Nike/JB products after they started working together recently. I’m sure FTL and the likes are worried this might eventually impede on their own online sales of Nike products.

First time seeing them discounted at foot locker.

09ACE126-A548-43C7-915E-92FF9054938A.jpeg

I was ready to pull trigger for ~$130 but now I feel like I should wait for sub $99 or less :lol:

Aye man I'm just being honest :lol:
I also got a lot of other shoes I want to cop though. Knicks 3, Royal 12, Bred 11, Seattle 10 and probably a few more that I'd take over these.
I’m in the same boat I’m waiting on the knicks 3’s to disco any day now

Back
Top Bottom