Air Jordan 7 Milwaukee Bucks Ray Allen 6/22/19

Could care less what anyone calls them. Just not gonna be told THATS what they are.

Could care less what anyone calls them. Just not gonna be told THATS what they are.

Screenshot_20190418-204837.png

da train has left da station on raptors.

and da IV's in da exact same color are called raptor IV's

only old curmudgeon folks at this point still standing on a soap box.

when you look for em on ebay, goat, and stock x, its raptors.

Raptor 7 yes. Buck 7 no.

There’s a Ray Allen PE that looks nothing like these that are a Buck PE with Tumble leather.

If the “Raptor” 7 dropped in that same tumbled fashion I wouldn’t call them Raptor 7s.

Question. Anyone wear 2002 playoff 7s on the Raptors team that season multiple times?

Don't have anything to get over. Call em "Raptors" all day. It's cool. Just don't tell me that's what they are. Could care less what the internet says they are.

I know right. **** ain't even the correct release, pictured. It also ain't even that serious.

Screenshot_20190418-204837.png

da train has left da station on raptors.

and da IV's in da exact same color are called raptor IV's

only old curmudgeon folks at this point still standing on a soap box.

when you look for em on ebay, goat, and stock x, its raptors.
And why do I hold weight into what Stock X says. Thats a 2009 DMP advertised as a 2012. I guess I should just conform to what they say. Just because the internet says they are " " does not mean **** to me.

All is good man. People can call them what they want. I will just call them what they are. I just dont get with nicknames.
Yea just to chime in, I feel exactly the same as you. I don’t understand why the raptor 7s were called raptors when they weren’t that initially...I get the color scheme matched during the 02 retro but they didn’t exist in 1992 & didn’t wear purple when the DMP/2012 releases dropped so it’s being based on what exactly?

For the record I’m more accepting of the raptors nickname for the 4s because they were initially Drake’s ode to Toronto’s original color scheme before his whole change to Adidas/Nike situation. Drake’s tie-in was removed but the pairs still released. That coincided with Travis Scott’s Houston Oilers themed 4. Completely different from these 7s.

I’m the guy that refuses to call OG pairs by their new nicknames being made up now though, like the “candy cane 14s”, bred ____(I hate bred, I’ll say black/red, playoff, all star, whatever that pair actually was), etc

Yea just to chime in, I feel exactly the same as you. I don’t understand why the raptor 7s were called raptors when they weren’t that initially...I get the color scheme matched during the 02 retro but they didn’t exist in 1992 & didn’t wear purple when the DMP/2012 releases dropped so it’s being based on what exactly?

For the record I’m more accepting of the raptors nickname for the 4s because they were initially Drake’s ode to Toronto’s original color scheme before his whole change to Adidas/Nike situation. Drake’s tie-in was removed but the pairs still released. That coincided with Travis Scott’s Houston Oilers themed 4. Completely different from these 7s.

I’m the guy that refuses to call OG pairs by their new nicknames being made up now though, like the “candy cane 14s”, bred ____(I hate bred, I’ll say black/red, playoff, all star, whatever that pair actually was), etc
Younger guys at retail stores talk about Flu games and HGGs, Breds and Candy canes and I cringe. Thats just not what we did back then. We called them by their year or color. That simple. I get up with people that do that cuz I get it. Its when guys say "they are called (insert hypename) lol" is what pisses me off. Alot in here jumped on the wagon several of us have been on for a while. The internet is not gospel. Believe it or not.

Last edited:
Still in but I don't think I'll be able to stomach the retail price (255$ CAD)!

Raptors weren’t even a team in 1992. Call them whatever you want but “raptors” was never in the picture for me. These were my first Pair of Jordan’s back in 92, I was in the first grade; my grails. Whoever started that needs to grab some bench. Take 15.

FLAME ON.

I've learned not to let it bother me that the Black/Charcoal/Red are referred to as the "Raptors" at this point. It's not a hill I'm going to die on. I just want another GOOD release, maybe a remaster, that's like the ones from the 1992 Playoffs. However, I do like these Black/Purple 7's, I won't buy a pair because I'm sticking to my OG Black based colorway rule when it comes to everything (The 2's I'm going to have to make an exception on if they ever remaster those again), but I like the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom