Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

JB for whatever reason hates the 7’s. No idea why it’s a great model; but they clearly have more love for 1-6 and 11-13.
I would assume it's because they don't sell as well as the other silhouettes you mentioned. People will eat those shoes up especially in OG colorways yet other silhouettes are often left on the back burner. The 8s are also a victim of this and it sucks because besides being a big fan of them, like the 7s they as well are one of the models MJ wore and won a championship in during his first 3-peat before retiring for the first time. In my opinion, they are just as important as the the rest of the lineup. I'm still eagerly awaiting a proper retro of the Playoffs and even though next year is the 30th anniversary of the 8, who knows if JB will even bother to release them again. It's been 10 years since the last retro, 7 years since the last OG retro of an 8 ('15 Aqua release). It's long overdue but JB gonna JB.
aj8playoff_rsagy3.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel like the 6 and 7 are the two most similar models in the Jordan line, in terms of aesthetics and overall profile, yet JB prefers one vastly over the other. I do like the 6 a little more cause it was my first Jordan, the black infareds. But the 7 is timeless too, if we are talking comfort, it’s one of the best.
6s look way better and are generally loved by the general public. The upper near the ankles is what throws the 7s off for most people.

I would assume it's because they don't sell as well as the other silhouettes you mentioned. People will eat those shoes up especially in OG colorways yet other silhouettes are often left on the back burner. The 8s are also a victim of this and it sucks because besides being a big fan of them, like the 7s they're also are the one of the models MJ wore and won a championship in during his first 3-peat before retiring for the first time. In my opinion, they are just as important as the the rest of the lineup. I'm still eagerly awaiting a proper retro of the Playoffs and even though next year is the 30th anniversary of the 8, who knows if JB will even bother to release them again. It's been 10 years since the last retro, 7 years since the last OG retro of an 8 ('15 Aqua release). It's long overdue but JB gonna JB.
aj8playoff_rsagy3.jpeg
Those are beautiful, we need them back just like that!! I want the 7’s first though.

So many disgusting seasons from Mike that even pre titles it's impossible to pick his peak! :lol:

86-87 he averaged 37.1 PPG while making 12 total 3PTers on the year
87-88 he won league MVP, Defense POY, scoring champ, steals champ, ASG MVP and Dunk champ
88-89 he went for 32.5/8.0 Assist/8.0 Rebound/.538 FG
89-90 he goes for 33.6 PPG and leads the NBA in steals and then 39.1 PPG in playoffs

His game was complete by the 92-93 season. No one was going to stop him then. Even with a wrist injury, it was off the charts. The playoffs, where it matters, tells all here. The 91-92 season is right there behind it though. His accomplishments that year are crazy. For him to play through the summer of 1992 and still be that good all through 1993 shows enough. By far the peak of his career.

His game was complete by the 92-93 season. No one was going to stop him then. Even with a wrist injury, it was off the charts. The playoffs, where it matters, tells all here. The 91-92 season is right there behind it though. His accomplishments that year are crazy. For him to play through the summer of 1992 and still be that good all through 1993 shows enough. By far the peak of his career.

You right bro, it was definitely a hell of a run.

To me though, that run from getting knocked off by Orlando in 95 up until winning the 97 chips, his cerebral level was on another level.

He wasn't dunking on cats heavy like he was during his earlier runs, but he controlled the whole game by not just being better than the comp, but smarter too.

72 wins, chip...almost hit 70 wins the next season...chip. (This run is underrated)

Should've been back to back MVP's too during that run, but I'll chill for now lol.

No, should have been 3 straight MVPs from 1996 thru 1998.

1992 or 1993 is probably the best because he's right at age 29-30 which means he's still close to his physical prime and old enough to know the entire game.

I can never pick his 96-98 run as being his best because there were a lot of times in the playoffs those years that he kinda looked gassed. He was still better than everyone but not quite early 90s MJ.

Peak MJ was 91-92 in my eyes. Championship swagger and peak athleticism. 95-96 was a dominant season until the finals against the sonics where his age started to show a little. GP knew it and has said it a few times. The 98 series with the pacers was probably his toughest of the second 3-peat. still the best player in the game, but not as wide a margin.

Some moments in 96 Finals

Heat series in 97

Some moments in 98 versus Pacers and Jazz

Played 42 mins a game in those 96 finals.

Avg'd 30 pts playing another 42 mins a game vs. those Heat.

Avg'd 32 playing another 42 mins a game vs. those Pacers.

Avg'd 33.5 playing another 41 mins a game vs. those Jazz.

Not to mention, these were playoff series after seasons he played all 82 games.

Also, the times he didn't play over 40 mins was due to his squad blowing the other team out and him not playing the entire 4th.

Not to sound like a stan, but if that's gassed, I would say deservedly so.

Back
Top Bottom