Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

I, for one, hope they never drop again.
There's always one...

No way models 15-22 sell like Jordan's 1-14, JB isn't looking forward to retroing those at all cause they can't really make bank
yes they can all they have to do is make them semi limited and they can charge a fortune since those had a higher retail to begin with

Unless retail is like 200+ for each they really can't make as much and at those prices most shoes 15-22 will sit cause a lot of those don't have major casual appeal

I can see a couple models selling and just a few colorways at that
Plus most of those pairs had to of been more expensive to produce. I doubt JB would be content with charging $170 considering what the 17s retailed for, although the briefcase was probably a big part of that.

Yessss

tackling down all the high priced CDP shoes resellers try to push off for 400 lol

They mad :smokin

Will cop

Yessss

tackling down all the high priced CDP shoes resellers try to push off for 400 lol

They mad
smokin.gif

Will cop
not that id sell mine but for shoes that were pretty limited over 5 years ago for $400 when kids will spend 300-500+ on (insert this weeks latest jordan or lebron release with limited tag) isn't really unrealistic.

Been waiting on these since I missed these and the YOTR's, I prefer the YOTR, but these will be copped regardless, I'm loving what JB is coming with in 2014, the year's looking strong so far.

not that id sell mine but for shoes that were pretty limited over 5 years ago for $400 when kids will spend 300-500+ on (insert this weeks latest jordan or lebron release with limited tag) isn't really unrealistic.

Nothing was limited about any or most of the cdp's most hit sales and outlets

Nothing was limited about any or most of the cdp's most hit sales and outlets

Social media ruined the sneaker culture

I remember getting a pair of DS Carmine's for $235 back in 2010 when limited shoes were going for $200-$240 at max.... Then the Concords madness began n now what was the average price on limited release is now the price point for gerenal releases.

Crazy how fast things changed in 2-3 years. 2009-2010 every Jordan release sat now its sold out before the stores are even open

Last edited:
Unless retail is like 200+ for each they really can't make as much and at those prices most shoes 15-22 will sit cause a lot of those don't have major casual appeal

There are several categories how well such air jordans sell nowadays:

1. Hype beasts and casuals:
From aj 1 to 6, 11 these sell best.
Even non basketball related
Wearers like them. They consume
Quite many retro+ colorways.

2. Semi hype beasts and collectors
They consume from aj 1 to aj 14
And sometimes more recent models.
They often stick to og colorways.

3. Hardcore collectors & mj fans
Real air jordan collectors consume
At least one pair from every model
To make their numbered collection
Complete.
All models and colorways which mj wore
Have special value to them.

It seems like people get some sort of status not just having the "hot" sneaker in their school or clique, but on twitter and instagram.

Its so sad cos its true its all about showing off n status for sure. They all are insecure begging for approval of others. Sneakers was never like this before all this social media! It has its good sides but outweighed by its bad by far

There are several categories how well such air jordans sell nowadays:

1. Hype beasts and casuals:
From aj 1 to 6, 11 these sell best.
Even non basketball related
Wearers like them. They consume
Quite many retro+ colorways.

2. Semi hype beasts and collectors
They consume from aj 1 to aj 14
And sometimes more recent models.
They often stick to og colorways.

3. Hardcore collectors & mj fans
Real air jordan collectors consume
At least one pair from every model
To make their numbered collection
Complete.
All models and colorways which mj wore
Have special value to them.

One of the dumbest things I have ever read, congrats!

:smh:

One of the dumbest things I have ever read, congrats!

mean.gif
qft, another ignorant elitist statement

i guess if you buy a retro+ 1s, you're a hypebeast lol

must like & have every model 1-28 or else you're also a hype beast

Last edited:
Haha so ignorant! Its simple, sneakerheads buy what they like themselves. Hypebeasts resell whatevers hyped

1 to 6 don't sell the best it's 3,sometimes 4, 6, sometimes 7, 11, 12, and 13 are the best selling and popular. 1s just took off from this year of course people liked them but they were never like this. Again a lot of misuse of the word hypebeast but you have some points in there I guess

Boy, so far for 2014, it's looking like not too much recent retros will be copped since I have most from previous releases.  Oh well, money well saved. I just hope they don't tweak the Hares for others who don't have them like they do everything else.  You know make the light grey a little darker than it should be.  Not a good look.

I don't see these releasing next year more likely 2015 but I wouldn't mine either way but JB needs an OG cw that hasn't been seen in a while to make people want to cop. Probably the same reason why we are finally seeing the Carmines being brought back next year besides the CDP pack

Who's to say they won't release all the Og 7's (with the exception of the Oly 7's for obivous reasons)  in 2015 again?  I wouldn't be suprised if the Cardinals, Bordeaux's, Black Charcoals, and a load of Retro+'s were scheduled to make another appearance in 2015.  Keep in mind, the decision making over there at Beaverton hasn't always been practical in regards to strategy and sales.  However, they always seem to make it work (if you go by the numbers).

Another reason I can't see a year of the 7s is because we usually get a 10$ increase every year and I can't see them having a year of 7s go for 180 before tax. 6s are a pretty big deal so they can get away with 170 but only 7 I'm paying 170-180 is the hares

Back
Top Bottom