Air Jordan 7 Retro "Olympic Alternate" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

So is trying on a shoe, stinking and scuffing it up in store and deciding against a purchase to leave it for the next person. Dude be real. People do this all the time. It's not just the mall, it's your local outlet as well. People try on shoes all day, throw them around, dirty them up and God knows whatever else.
LMAO

Trying on a shoe =/= scratching and damaging the material. Even if the materials are poor, you still have to be applying a good deal of pressure with your nail to break it like you did. Now someone who likes this color way and doesn't need a "scratch test" is gonna have to deal with an imperfection that otherwise wouldn't have been there had it not been for you.

If the leather is is gonna scratch at first contact with another object, then that's what it's gonna do. You still don't have the right to damage something you didn't own.

A lot of debate about scratching and flaws here. In theory, any material will end up with a scratch mark in general because it was forcibly applied on there with whatever intent. I doubt any shoe can withstand a scratch from any sharp ended object realistically.

A lot of debate about scratching and flaws here. In theory, any material will end up with a scratch mark in general because it was forcibly applied on there with whatever intent. I doubt any shoe can withstand a scratch from any sharp ended object realistically.
Right. So even premium leather is susceptible to a scratch if you fall and scrape it on the pavement which is why there is no need to go around digging your nails into things that don't belong to you.

so he scratched the shoe... so what? they are garbage anyway and will end up at the outlet anyway. some of yall are overboard on this. it's not like it was a limited, highly sought after shoe that some poor kid will be heart broken bc he thought he found the last pair. no one wants these! they will be sent to outlets. fall back, it isn't that serious! :lol:

Hey guys, this guy who scratched the shoes, he's beyond reasoning with. He's the type that doesn't believe they do anything wrong. Even with all the evidence others have posted, instead of taking responsibility and owning up to it, he blames it on JB for a "defective product". Get real buddy.

Do shoes get tried on, before one buys them? Yes. Could they get creased during said trying on? Possibly. They are shoes, and will crease eventually. These two events are EXPECTED when buying shoes. Not scratching the leather up to see how it is! Dude, what you did was wrong. Stop passing the blame and grow up. If you want to know how good the leather is, just holding it and if it puckers where light pressure is applied, it's soft. No need to do what you did.

I feel for the guy who buys that pair and doesn't notice the damage you caused until he gets home.

Last edited:
so he scratched the shoe... so what? they are garbage anyway and will end up at the outlet anyway. some of yall are overboard on this. it's not like it was a limited, highly sought after shoe that some poor kid will be heart broken bc he thought he found the last pair. no one wants these! they will be sent to outlets. fall back, it isn't that serious!
laugh.gif
1. He scratched the shoe. 2. I come in that shoe store with my mind and money set on buying the shoe he scratched. 3. I don't buy because its scratched, I walk out. 4. Store loses business, eventually has to let go of employees, store stops getting the kick you want, STORE CLOSES. ​Then you have to drive clear to the other side of town to cop or deal with resell. All because of a "little" ole scratch. [emoji]128546[/emoji] Every action in this universe has a reaction.

so he scratched the shoe... so what? they are garbage anyway and will end up at the outlet anyway. some of yall are overboard on this. it's not like it was a limited, highly sought after shoe that some poor kid will be heart broken bc he thought he found the last pair. no one wants these! they will be sent to outlets. fall back, it isn't that serious! :lol:

1. He scratched the shoe. 2. I come in that shoe store with my mind and money set on buying the shoe he scratched. 3. I don't buy because its scratched, I walk out. 4. Store loses business, eventually has to let go of employees, store stops getting the kick you want, STORE CLOSES. ​Then you have to drive clear to the other side of town to cop or deal with resell. All because of a "little" ole scratch. [emoji]128546[/emoji] Every action in this universe has a reaction.

Damn, these must be some serious kicks if one little pair will cause all that.

Could care less if he damaged them or not most of us wasn't picking these up or even liked them. Now if I go into a store and bred 1s in the last SZ 8.5 are there with that scratch on the black part I'm taking them I have scuff cover and shoe polish. Plus you should be able to get a discount on these at the end of the day of their damaged depending on the store. He kind of helped us out anyway. I'm not mad at him.

Last edited:

Either way the dude was still in the wrong damaging a pair of shoes like that.
In life **** happens, it's not like he did it on purpose. Lets move on to other stuff instead of condemning somebody nonstop.
what? he accidentally scratched them up? even after he admitted he went in there for the express purpose of scratching them? and even after he did it once, he went into another store and did the same to another pair?

accident? huh?

what? he accidentally scratched them up? even after he admitted he went in there for the express purpose of scratching them? and even after he did it once, he went into another store and did the same to another pair?

accident? huh?
Go home Dizzy, you're drunk. 

Could care less if he damaged them or not most of us wasn't picking these up or even liked them. Now if I go into a store and bred 1s in the last SZ 8.5 are there with that scratch on the black part I'm taking them I have scuff cover and shoe polish. Plus you should be able to get a discount on these at the end of the day of their damaged depending on the store. He kind of helped us out anyway. I'm not mad at him.
Word... At the end of the day, most don't want these. 

Give us back the OG Olympic 7's, Nike/JB.

accident? huh?
Go home Dizzy, you're drunk. 
he stated he went into the store to do the test. he stated that he went to another store after and did the same test to another pair with same results. aka he purposely went into both stores and damaged both shoes. how is that an accident? and to top it off, homie claims the damage to the kicks as a result of his nails is because the shoes are "defective".

i state facts and u come with an insult....because you cannot refute the facts. sit down. u have a track record on here of saying some ridiculus loony ish and then crying "kumbaya lets hold hands and b friends" when people have called you on the dumb ish you say.

sit down please.

Last edited:

he stated he went into the store to do the test. he stated that he went to another store after and did the same test to another pair with same results. aka he purposely went into both stores and damaged both shoes.

i state facts and u come with an insult....because you cannot refute the facts. sit down. u have a track record on here of saying some ridiculus loony ish.
First, he only posted one photo of the shoe and it only had one shoe in it. Second, don't you want to see the shoe in hand and rub/scratch/test the materials?He scratched it too hard. It was an accident. It happens. 

Last edited:
View media item 2134688

he stated he went into the store to do the test. he stated that he went to another store after and did the same test to another pair with same results. aka he purposely went into both stores and damaged both shoes.

i state facts and u come with an insult....because you cannot refute the facts. sit down. u have a track record on here of saying some ridiculus loony ish.
First, he only posted one photo of the shoe and it only had one shoe in it. Second, don't you want to see the shoe in hand and rub/scratch/test the materials?He scratched it too hard. It was an accident. It happens. 
He scratched it on purpose. don't pic sides just cuz what the guy normally posts

Last edited:

bout 100-130 tops

Wait, 

So you asked to see some shoes at FTL to only scratch them wit your Hard Nails 

hand them back to the store rep and passed??

Reallly???
The shoes were on shelves. Last time I checked, as a customer, you're allowed to touch, smell, feel, try on, press, scratch, etc. before I hand over my hard earned money. Why would you blindly buy a shoe without testing out the product? It's a fingernail. It's not like I took a hacksaw to it. I didn't dig into the leather rather a scratch as if you were scratching an itch on your skin. I went to 2 stores and tested this. This was the result. If anything, the shoes should be recalled.
you must be dull enough to think that i mean both the left and right shoe of a single pair..........

if he did this at TWO stores, he mustve did this to TWO shoes, RIGHT? no matter if he only posted one of the shoes in a pic. and if he did scratch too hard the first time as an "accident", how is it an "accident" if he consciously goes into a 2nd store and does it AGAIN?

thats like going into a store, trying the shoes on, then kicking the wall with them "gently" to see if theyre durable enough not to scuff so easy and then saying its an "accident" and theyre "defective" when they scuff.

COMMON SENSE....get some bro.

Last edited:

you must be dull enough to think that i mean both the left and right shoe of a single pair..........

if he did this at TWO stores, he mustve did this to TWO shoes, RIGHT? no matter if he only posted one of the shoes in a pic. and if he did scratch too hard the first time as an "accident", how is it an "accident" if he consciously goes into a 2nd store and does it AGAIN?

thats like going into a store, trying the shoes on, then kicking the wall with them "gently" to see if theyre durable enough not to scuff so easy and then saying its an "accident" and theyre "defective" when they scuff.

COMMON SENSE....get some bro.
First I was only judging by the first post with the photo. Second it's a display pair, have you seen how display pairs are treated before shoes sold out? It's not like they don't have a Full Size Run for when people want to secure them (plus they're online). Chill out you're making a big deal over nothing.

Last time I'll address this because many have already attached the scarlet letter. Before I make a decision to purchase a pair, I prepare my own inspection checklist. Even on release/raffle pickup days:

1. Quality (feel materials, leathers, shape, alignment)
2. Craftsmanship (glue stains, position of tongue, stitching, stains, factory errors)
3. New/unworn & right size

If there are flaws, usually the employee has no problem grabbing me a better pair. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you need to purchase a damaged/flawed pair. If it passes my personal inspection, I commit to purchase. If it doesn't I don't buy. There's been one time in the raffle era where a shoe was so hyped to sell out that an employee said I was stuck with a pair and not allowed to swap because my name was specifically on THAT box yet the person wasn't there to pick up theirs and I was first in line.

Anyways, I've always done fingernail scratches on pairs and I'm not rough with it. I've never had a shoe leave a mark until I tested with this one. There are coarse and fine bristle brushes out there (much harsher than a fingernail) that would scratch this pair up with the quickness. Even cleaners they sell in store with the cap brush.

The point is, the materials on the Alternates are the worst since JB introduced the remastered line. You guys are focusing on the "action" rather than "quality" of this sneaker and my findings I've attempted to share with this community. I guess it's a disservice to some of you so you won't be getting reviews from me anymore. It's like some of you mean to tell me that whatever an employee pulls from the back you accept & purchase blindly? Maybe it's not that serious to some but to me it's important and I know a lot of people in the culture look for honest reviews and opinions on shoes. Pick up any pair that people are waiting in line to purchase and a big percentage of them don't inspect the pairs. Observe this on Saturday releases. Almost nobody opens the box! They'll just buy it! I see so called detectives all day on forums and social chirp about craftsmanship issues, glue stains, creases, etc., yet when a member of the community (myself) out here is doing a check on his own and gives you a 100% no buII$hit review about it you want to defend the product no ifs ands or buts? Suit yourself.

Many of us here find your methodology to be quite suspect; instead of insisting that you have not crossed boundaries, go back to the scene of the crime and put a a few more hacks into the bloated corpse under the observation of retail staff.  Since it is their investment, let them decide about your handling.  From what you have written so far, I gather that your tests are purposely performed out of sight of employees.  Seems purposefully deceptive.

If they give you the ok, continue your scratch test at that particular store albeit knowing that it is frowned upon by a vocal part of the community.  However, if they are not cool with your nails, discontinue the practice and purchase the shoes as an act of contrition.

Back
Top Bottom