Air Jordan 7 Retro "Reflective Cardinal" June 8 2019

Can’t choose between Bordeaux or Charcoals as my favorite 7. I suppose the former but it’s super close.

What is the consensus these days on the 6 vs 7? I was always under the impression that people liked the 6’s better but I always had a hard time choosing between these two models.
7 are way more comfortable without question. The 6 was the first J that got me hooked. I would take the 7 over the 6. But not by much.

What is the consensus these days on the 6 vs 7? I was always under the impression that people liked the 6’s better but I always had a hard time choosing between these two models.

The 6 wear like boots and have a strong, bold look. They're one of the top Jordans for me so that's my preference. Comfort wise, the three 6s I own (Harvest, UNC, Maroon) feel very flat to the ground; no comparison to the 7 there. But the differences mean I get to buy both models and have variety! :smokin

The 6 wear like boots and have a strong, bold look. They're one of the top Jordans for me so that's my preference. Comfort wise, the three 6s I own (Harvest, UNC, Maroon) feel very flat to the ground; no comparison to the 7 there. But the differences mean I get to buy both models and have variety! :smokin

Yea 7s def win hands down when it comes to comfort. That hurrache technology was ahead of its time, especially considering the 7 remains one of the more comfortable J’s after all these years. Yet it wasnt utilized as well in the 8’s or 9’s.

The black Infrared 6 is special to me though, cause it was only the second pair of Jordan’s I got (first was the BC 3) and it was the shoe that started the Jordan craze for me. After that shoe dropped, I got the new Jordan that dropped every year all the way up to the 23; though ultimately I only buy 3-14 now. Don’t like the 2, and as coveted as the 1’s are I just can’t wear them cause they’re pretty uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Yea 7s def win hands down when it comes to comfort. That hurrache technology was ahead of its time, especially considering the 7 remains one of the more comfortable J’s after all these years. Yet it wasnt utilized as well in the 8’s or 9’s.

The black Infrared 6 is special to me though, cause it was only the second pair of Jordan’s I got (first was the BC 3) and it was the shoe that started the Jordan craze for me. After that shoe dropped, I got the new Jordan that dropped every year all the way up to the 23; though ultimately I only buy 3-14 now. Don’t like the 2, and as coveted as the 1’s are I just can’t wear them cause they’re pretty uncomfortable.

1s are not uncomfortable... whats the last pair you had?

Oh been ages since I owned a pair. Last pair I bought was in 2009 I think , the DTRT. Have the more recent retros been improved in that department?

Honestly I just started buying Js again a couple of years ago... before then I only used to buy J1 mids over 10 years ago and I thought they were very comfortable. I know everyone talks about how uncomfortable and poor the leather was on J1s from like 2013, but to make a long story short....er, I've bought 8 pairs this year and they all feel great on foot. Not as nice as 7s but I definitely wouldn't say uncomfortable.

Honestly I just started buying Js again a couple of years ago... before then I only used to buy J1 mids over 10 years ago and I thought they were very comfortable. I know everyone talks about how uncomfortable and poor the leather was on J1s from like 2013, but to make a long story short....er, I've bought 8 pairs this year and they all feel great on foot. Not as nice as 7s but I definitely wouldn't say uncomfortable.
It's usually about the foot shape & lace tightness. I have a wide foot so 1's are initially uncomfortable for me especially my pinky toe. So I run all my shoes with super loose laces & once they break in they're usually ok w/ comfort. But typically wide feet aren't so comfortable in 1's & take some time to break in the comfort/fit which is why butter leather is much appreciated from me.:smile:

If the reflective material is like the those on the XIIIs, it might be a "perfect" retro. The mock up pictures have them looking like heat.

EDIT: Well I meant a lighter reflective material, those 13s were meh.

Last edited:
Don’t like the 2, and as coveted as the 1’s are I just can’t wear them cause they’re pretty uncomfortable.
I have a wide foot so 1's are initially uncomfortable for me especially my pinky toe.

I tried the remastered 1s on in my size. I've got a very wide foot and they hurt so bad it was crazy. I tried a 1/2 size up and it just delayed the pain as it dug in my bone. I do wear some shoes that pinch but none THAT narrow. No way, José.

The 2s are recently becoming one of my favorites. Pretty understated but they're mature looking, wide, and actually have some decent cushion. They were always meant to have a sophisticated look so I can see people finding them boring.

Cardinals always sit and go on deep discount

I'm not shocked they're throwing a gimmick on them
Your right. They never moved like the other OG 7s do. But I was just hoping for a pure retro of these. Not some BS gimmick. If so, put a 64 inside the tongue. Or maybe 20,000 pts. Something that represented what he actually accomplished while wearing said shoe.

God forbid we do away w/ the gimmick garbage and finally get a true OG cw

143547-9e0b0b21ee244fb2a9ac756f6d1145da.mpo.jpg

1992-Michael-Jordan.jpg

Disrespectfully unnecessary .. IDC how much they go on sale when they drop. Should've kept my 06's.

Back
Top Bottom