Air Jordan 7 Retro "Reflective Cardinal" June 8 2019

Totally unrelated, but are 2015 Hares good quality? I guess more importantly would a ds pair be wearable?

They should be good to go. I wear mine sparingly but only because I try to rotate through all my shoes.

Broke out the OG Cardinals for the day. Reflective Cardinals sounds horrible.
09BC9745-0B2F-4567-AB30-4A45D37F1403.jpeg

God forbid we do away w/ the gimmick garbage and finally get a true OG cw

143547-9e0b0b21ee244fb2a9ac756f6d1145da.mpo.jpg

1992-Michael-Jordan.jpg

There were 2 different versions of the Charcoals. The first release was almost identical to the 03 retros with a little rougher black nubuck. Looks like that's what Mike has in that pic. The other pic you posted is of the restock that had the smoother, lighter color on the panels. The VII line actually had a couple of changes with restocks.

There were 2 different versions of the Charcoals. The first release was almost identical to the 03 retros with a little rougher black nubuck. Looks like that's what Mike has in that pic. The other pic you posted is of the restock that had the smoother, lighter color on the panels. The VII line actually had a couple of changes with restocks.
Agree with this. There were two different versions. Just like the Bords. Depending on where they came from. Taiwan or Korea I believe.

Funny thing I was just thinking why they haven’t done something similar to the green bean 5’s too . Will wait to see official pics

Agree with this. There were two different versions. Just like the Bords. Depending on where they came from. Taiwan or Korea I believe.

Yep. The original runs of the Bordeaux and Hares only had 2 lace holes on the ankle as well. No idea what caused that switch.

It also depended on how they were stored. I saw an 02 pair with too much light exposure, and it looked like the 2009 pair.

It also depended on how they were stored. I saw an 02 pair with too much light exposure, and it looked like the 2009 pair.

I mean, kinda. I'm talking about the OG's though. I had the first run with the rougher nubuck directly off the shelf and one of my friends got the restock or whatever and it was the different smooth, lighter nubuck. I saw them on the shelves too. There was definitely a difference right out of the box. Now, when the first run pairs got worn down/wet/beat, they kinda turned into that same thing, but they definitely didn't start that way.

B5ACB346-4159-4147-B2D5-2116F9A577B0.jpeg

Vid:

OG 7s have a non polyurethane (phylon?) sole around the actual polyurethane that crumbles. You can take that two pieces (side and the actual sole) and use barge. Then fill in the sole with flexible water proof calk. It takes some time for the process as you need to layer the calk for it to dry properly, but once it’s done it will be solid and flexible enough to walk on. Glue the sole and shoe together and boom...Wearable 7s.

Last edited:
I mean, kinda. I'm talking about the OG's though. I had the first run with the rougher nubuck directly off the shelf and one of my friends got the restock or whatever and it was the different smooth, lighter nubuck. I saw them on the shelves too. There was definitely a difference right out of the box. Now, when the first run pairs got worn down/wet/beat, they kinda turned into that same thing, but they definitely didn't start that way.
wow thats wild

Which one had actual charcoal color on it? Im a little confused... The MJ pic has him in what looks to be those all black raptors.

wow thats wild

Which one had actual charcoal color on it? Im a little confused... The MJ pic has him in what looks to be those all black raptors.

The restock pairs are the ones that had the lighter, smoother nubuck. And you're right, the pic of MJ is a pair from the first run with the darker/rougher nubuck, like the 03 pair. They were almost identical. I remember being so confused when the restock pairs started showing up. Like what happened to these? Haha

Back
Top Bottom