Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
This will be an interesting barometer check for me

If this abortion of a retro sells out everywhere, the game is over gentlemen....

Here's what we used to do with our Olive IX's...dye...

One of the dumbest moves I've made when it comes to sneakers. A bought a dyed pair from Athletes Foot thinking they were exclusive. After someone stepped on them I could see they were Olives dyed black. I complained, couldnt return them, but got 50% off on the Grey/French Blue 9 or the Carolina 6 lows. My dumbass chose the lowtop 6. Now I deeply regret not having the first retro of the Olive 9s.

I want these badly but that glossy midsole is hurting me. Not sure if I'll cop. It would be a definite no if it wasn't so hard to find a 02 pair of Olive 9s.

One of the dumbest moves I've made when it comes to sneakers. A bought a dyed pair from Athletes Foot thinking they were exclusive. After someone stepped on them I could see they were Olives dyed black. I complained, couldnt return them, but got 50% off on the Grey/French Blue 9 or the Carolina 6 lows. My dumbass chose the lowtop 6. Now I deeply regret not having the first retro of the Olive 9s.
I want these badly but that glossy midsole is hurting me. Not sure if I'll cop. It would be a definite no if it wasn't so hard to find a 02 pair of Olive 9s.

The '02 retros had the glossy midsole too...

Here's what we used to do with our Olive IX's...dye...

That's the ONLY reason why they eventually moved last time. Once people got on to that, it was over :lol:

Hopefully this is an easy pickup, I'd love to grab a pair and beat the living crap out of them this winter. I need some new snow day sneakers.

So you're spending $160 plus tax on a shoe to wear in the snow? I wouldn't but it's your money not mine. Enjoy.

I never understood why people even like this horrible colorway. Never appealed to me at all.

Last edited:
The '02 retros had the glossy midsole too...
True, but the gloss on these and the pairs from last year was OD. The 02 version looked more dull over time. The gloss on these makes them look cheap. But that may not be because of the midsole alone, may be overall quality.

I was at a nike outlet in 2002 and had to make a choice between the olives and these flightposite 3s...

I took the flightposites and always wanted the olives. This time the olives will be mine.

Not a bad choice :pimp: One of my favorite Nike Basketball shoes of all time.

like someone said before, due to the cargo and army fatigue thing that's going on these will fly off the shelves..

agreed, I would have taken the FPIIIs over the IX's. Just a better quality shoe, although the IX's are more versatile from a fashion standpoint.
Glad to hear I made the right choice. I love when things come full circle and you end up getting your hands on a shoe that you missed out on before.

Back
Top Bottom