Air Jordan 9 "Black Bottom" Nike Exclusive May 9, 2013 - $130

I think the photo blues look coo but the black bottoms are a nice, subtle change. Definitely nice beaters.

Black bottoms>og photo blue
og photo blues only because ogs have better material or should i say "quality"
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't think most of you guys actually understand what B-Grades are. Calling them garbage, trash, rejects etc. I've gotten plenty of B-Grades that were of far better quality than pairs of the same shoes I've bought at retail.

And my thoughts on these. I don't dislike the white outsole Photo Blues, but I didn't like them enough to buy them, even at $120. I knew these IX's were on the way for quite some time. I'm not going crazy over them and I really don't care if they're limited or not. GR shoes take dumps all over the limited shoes a lot of people on here place on such high pedestals. These with the black outsoles look far better imo and the $130 price point was nice as well. Had Nike released these online with the $160 retail price I probably would've passed.

No matter how much you slander these, they will be worth more in the future no doubt about it. Regardless of value present or future, they're a nice pair of shoes and I hope those who wanted them got a pair.

There were just considered b grades because they used the wrong color on the outsole. I actually just got some bgrade black and red 13 s and they were as good quality as regular retro 13s that just came out and I have both so I compared. I can't wait to get these, the black bottoms looks a lot nicer than the white and the price ain't bad.

Bgrades or not. I would cop these anyday. I love all black kicks. Mine are expected for early delivery. Can't wait. Now I have another 9 to wear besides my olives and motorboats.

I got lucky with these.

Got my two personal pairs and three pairs for my boys overseas. All pairs shipped. I never got anything from NDC and got all these pairs from my iPhone with ease..

Same here. I was too lazy to get out of bed, so it was iPhone or bust lol. I got two and could have easily gotten 5 as well.

that's sort of a different animal too though. I mean these are 9s with a bunch of factory contrast stitching. not saying that 9s aren't good black/white 9s are actually one of my favorite shoes if not my favorite or close second.

yeah it is I used to cop off finishline when it was cake for nearly every release

If you're ever in or near Memphis like Southaven, MS, there are a ton of shoe manufacturers and online businesses that ship out of Memphis. FedEx's hub is out of there and from a logistical and probably financial aspect, it just makes sense. I believe the arena where the Grizzlies play is sponsored by FedEx as well (too lazy to verify since I'm typing on my iPhone).

Take this with a grain, but just last week, someone told me that the Memphis airport is the busiest airport in the world between the times of X and X. And it's all due to FedEx. Again, not verified, just typing what I was told. I bought a pair of Diesel shoes during Xmas of 2002 from Zappos.com I believe. Anyway, they were ordered at 12 am and shipped from Memphis to my door 7 hours later. I remember vividly having the s**t scared out of me because someone was whaling at my door at 7 am. Boy I was surprised to see the shoes at my doorstep.

Last edited:
^ Dam must have been fast, you remembered something shipped from 2002, i cant even remember 2002 lol

B-Grade does not mean its a messed up pair, JB/Nike have to make a certain amount of pairs b -grade, dont wanna get into the whole story but a thread was made explaining it not too far back. I got b -grades with no issues on them, heres an example, 1 pair is b grade and one pair is from FTL, can you spot which 1 is which?

View media item 406995

^ The pair on the right is the B-Grade...

It looks worn and I always wear my B and keep the A deadstock.

Hope my logic works haha.

^Actually, in all seriousness its the left pair, both are ds but i tried the right pair on

My point proven, sometimes a b-grade can look better than some of the regular pairs these stores be selling, so these 'black bottoms' will be classic later down the road

^lol nice. Nike Quality Control sucks IMO, Im not sure what makes a shoe qualify as b-grade but ive got plenty of pairs in the past with excess glue, paint where it;s not supposed to be, and just sloppy detailing overall. Luckily, the shoes are usually constructed well. Got the grape Vs last week and the paint job could be better,+ looks like a worker with glue on their fingers touched the tongue and it left a small spot too, not very noticeble however

^lol nice. Nike Quality Control sucks IMO, Im not sure what makes a shoe qualify as b-grade but ive got plenty of pairs in the past with excess glue, paint where it;s not supposed to be, and just sloppy detailing overall. Luckily, the shoes are usually constructed well. Got the grape Vs last week and the paint job could be better,+ looks like a worker with glue on their fingers touched the tongue and it left a small spot too, not very noticeble however
The way quality control works for any product as highly produced as the grapes is not Nikes fault. They probably have quality inspectors look at 1 out if every 500 shoes because it would to time consuming for a person/group of people to look through each and every pair of jordans to inspect it for defects. Stuff like that always happens but you just have to be happy with what you purchase.

My logic as well. haha But honestly, most B-Grades that I've come across hardly have any noticeable flaws, aside from excess glue which is now a common occurrence on most store bought pairs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nike took some leftover stock of the Photo Blues, swapped the soles, and sold them as the Black Bottoms... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom