Air Jordan Altitudes 13's: Remember the hype on these?

i wonder if these will be compared with the black/green 1/2 cents (samples) that showed up in the retro forum

i'll get my pair someday..and i'll be happy when i do get these
smile.gif

I remember the day. I got to Nike Town Atlanta with my brother at 10pm the night before, and there were 2-300 people in line when were were informed they onlyhad 2 of each size, and people were there since 8 am that morning, with wristbands. We later drove to our local mall where Footaction, DTLR, and Athletes Footwere all selling them. We stayed up all night and got to the mall at 5am. People were in line outside. Got to footaction, size 13 presold. DTLR, all sold outand people with small feet bought the size 13's. Last resort, Athlete's Foot, and they were sold out in 30 mins. Needless to say, I finally got a DSpair from a Seller in Austrailia for 150 FTW!.

I remember driving to cincy to get these..I was the first one there and it's was cold as hell..Line starts to form behind me and everything iscool..Securicty guard comes to open the doors and it's CHAOS..Everyone started running to get to the FootAction, which was hard for me cuz I just had asurgery(I was even still wearing a back brace at the time)..We all get to the gate and smash up against it so bad that it was almost touching the anti-theftmonitors..By that time there was about 40-45 people all bunched up against the gate when one of us genious's notices a signe that says"1 pair in eachsize from 8-13"..Several people were ahead of me that wore my size so I bounced and went back home and bought em off the net for 215..I swear Im gonnahave to wear em one day!!

I rememba it like it was yesterday it was feb 26th 2005 i got invited 2 anotha schools winter dances i was a sophmore i was gon wear them 2 da dance i alreadyhad ma tux juss needed these 2 complete the fit i got 2 da mall like 6am was prolly 1 of top 5 at da mall or so dat time and i saw da otha ppl waitin at shiekhso i said well since thers no line at footaction ill wait ther an time went by an ppl started cummin waitin wit me an then finally aroun 8 we got ahold of dafootaction hotline or sumthin an found out they wernt receivin them so i went 2 shiekh an was walkin in an asked if they had a sz 8 an the dude turned aroun anpointed 2 da counter an sum chick was buyin da only 8 they had i was heated but i ended up coppin them off flightclub a yr or 2 ago for $275 i didnt care daprice juss was excited 2 c ma sz so i had 2 get umm

They're nice, but I think the hype surpassed the shoe itself. Definitely not in my top 3 favorite XIII's but I still love them.
69qfz7.jpg

I copped on RD I think they were a lil hyped but still a nice colorway. I rememebr when I wore them to this party and people were saying there fake ·•☆LL☆•·.I was just shaking my head they didn't know kicks obviously.

I actually ball in mine regularly (indoors)... Most people are like why but I'm like why not. Colorway is fresh though.

Originally Posted by ed2trey

i think this was the first limited retro release, it might have even been the
first ls release. i remember the year before alot of cats on this board were complaining
because they wanted limited edition retro's, then when they dropped and they couldn't copp
they started complaing because they were too limited. i never cared for these, i don't like the
shiny midsole and the bumpy leather on back, a very overrated shoe imo.

Melo 2 was the first.... or 2000 Oly 6, depending who you ask.

I remember the hype on these 2 i thought it would be hard 2 get em but i remember there was a mom and pop shop right around the corner from my high schoolwalked in there a week b 4 these were gonna drop and they were right there paid retail an copped a 8 i still have em have'nt wear em in like 2yrs

yea it was crazy hype at the time because i think thats when they started lifestyle releases
but yea i have my pair i wear every once in a while, dont see that many around my way

i will find it funny if these get retro like the black/baby blue 12 are going to be in 2009

Back
Top Bottom