Air Jordan Altitudes 13's: Remember the hype on these?

Originally Posted by ed2trey

i think this was the first limited retro release, it might have even been the
first ls release. i remember the year before alot of cats on this board were complaining
because they wanted limited edition retro's, then when they dropped and they couldn't copp
they started complaing because they were too limited. i never cared for these, i don't like the
shiny midsole and the bumpy leather on back, a very overrated shoe imo.
i couldnt have said it better myself

Originally Posted by sfjunglist

I got mine from Nikewiz, anybody remember that?

Same here. Back in the day, Nikewiz and Shoetrend used to come trough like Jordan in crunch time. The good old days.

I remember cats getting held up for these in Jacksonville, and they rushed the Finishline store at Regency mall and broke down the gate. That was the craziestrelease I ever saw and I didnt even like em that much at the time. Still dont

I remember cats getting held up for these in Jacksonville, and they rushed the Finishline store at Regency mall and broke down the gate. That was the craziestrelease I ever saw and I didnt even like em that much at the time. Still dont

Me and my uncle went to like 3 different malls and then we lucked up gettin them at some mall inbetween Baltimore and Columbia, MD, but now I hate them andthey sit at the bottom of my closet

man i remember the jordan catalog and a few of us bringing it to school and everyone went bonkers for those.

Originally Posted by KCJORDANHEAD

I think I got b-grades from Harold penner's in kansas city on rd.

I hate penner's so much. You should introduce yourself in the KC thread in the regional forum KCJORDANHEAD.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by sfjunglist

I got mine from Nikewiz, anybody remember that?

Same here. Back in the day, Nikewiz and Shoetrend used to come trough like Jordan in crunch time. The good old days.
yeah i remember nikewiz, what ever happenned to them?

i rememeber being on this board and ppl mention that Niketown NYC was crazy cause they only had limited amounts of these..i think the employees was giving outnumbers the day before so that ppl where secured for there pair

these shoes were very nice, but extremely overrated. this release felt like the peak of hype on jordan retros, which opened Nike's eyes on how much moneythey could be making on these shoes. Therefore leading to the decline and release of 10-20 retros a month. "Packs" were non existent, and jordanheads werent forced to buy 2 pairs in one day. It's better today though because people now don't have to wait 3 nights prior to get a pair of kicks. but here's a better question, which was more hyped...these or the grape V's?

Tight I passed on these when I coulda got them for retail+shipping...
smh.gif
@ me
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

these shoes were very nice, but extremely overrated. this release felt like the peak of hype on jordan retros, which opened Nike's eyes on how much money they could be making on these shoes. Therefore leading to the decline and release of 10-20 retros a month. "Packs" were non existent, and jordan heads werent forced to buy 2 pairs in one day. It's better today though because people now don't have to wait 3 nights prior to get a pair of kicks. but here's a better question, which was more hyped...these or the grape V's?
i think the grape v deserved all the hype, unlike these

Originally Posted by ed2trey

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

these shoes were very nice, but extremely overrated. this release felt like the peak of hype on jordan retros, which opened Nike's eyes on how much money they could be making on these shoes. Therefore leading to the decline and release of 10-20 retros a month. "Packs" were non existent, and jordan heads werent forced to buy 2 pairs in one day. It's better today though because people now don't have to wait 3 nights prior to get a pair of kicks. but here's a better question, which was more hyped...these or the grape V's?
i think the grape v deserved all the hype, unlike these
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Overhyped. I don't remember how I got mine but I remember it wasn't easy. Then I rocked them a few times and they just look terrible with jeans on likesome cheap plain black leather shoes. I let them go pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom