Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

Last edited:
^ I had some concords which no amount of baby powder could fix. These are the downfalls of poor quality...

If you want to fix it, you need to inject either silicon or glue in the sole where it's squeaking. Squeaks such as these are from poor glue jobs on the soles.

You can also try (but I don't recommend) removing the sole and re-gluing it.
you guys should watch this video, go to 6min mark.

From all the cutaway pictures that I have seen of the Jordan XI, they only have a normal full length air bag (not zoom) and the Air Monarch has the sameish setup.

Last edited:

Anyone happen to know where I can get these for less than $130 in a 10.5?

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...sketball-shoes/_/A-15905?productId=prod758558

Thanks in advance!
i realize i'm a little late to reply but i was browsing through for a general consensus/review on these before pulling the trigger on anything myself, but NRML.ca has had these 40% off (here: http://nrml.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=jordan+future) for a while now and it doesn't seem to be cutting off anytime soon. i've seen them pop up elsewhere on twitter etc occasionally but i'm always too hesitant before the sale's done

lows seem to be excluded (i guess because they're still 'new') but premiums are included as well in case anyone didn't feel like paying 3-400 on a future

prices are canadian but that's only a good thing for US customers right now

Thanks for the follow up! I ended up getting the Baroques for $96. Just want the gamma low then I'm done with futures.

For those interested hoh on 34th in nyc has the gamma lows. Picked up a size 13. Really impressed (but fit a bit tighter than the 3m weave in the prm infrared mids)

For those interested hoh on 34th in nyc has the gamma lows. Picked up a size 13. Really impressed (but fit a bit tighter than the 3m weave in the prm infrared mids)

Could you post the FTL sku that way those that want them can order via store transfer

The number I see on my box is: 718948-005.  I'm curious what's going on with this release.  Looks like FTL only, and not online.  When I called CS, they didn't have a record of this shoe existing.  The guy in the store said the number on the box is not the item number.  He said it wasn't a limited release.  

I ended up buying the last pair of 10.5 from one store, and going to a second store to compare them to the two 10.5s they had at that store.  There were flaws on all of them.  One had some minor scratches on the midsole (white...does that mean these are going to turn white as they get worn?!), and all of the others had some degree of visibly loose weave around the edges of the toe box.

The weave is wider than the original mid-top futures, which probably makes areas with large curvature harder to weave properly.  The guy was super nice and let me choose the best out of all 3 pairs.  One shoe that looked the best had a misaligned insole where you could see the stitching underneath, and it also felt odd.

Overall, I think the shape of these looks wider/bulkier than the other futures (mid and low); maybe it's an illusion b/c of the black on black.  The weave quality is lacking compared to the other futures I have or have seen; too loose, and actually looks sloppy/damaged in some areas.

Still a very comfortable and good looking shoe if you can find a pair with flaws you can live with.  Hopefully these don't end up squeaking!  Happy to have them, and hope everyone who wants them gets their pair without paying reseller prices.  Still curious why the under-the-radar release?!

Does anyone have the brown leather premium pair?? If so could you attest to the quality and if the shoe stands out a lot more than the standard woven?
Saw a pair for a good price and was very willing to cop if they're worth it since they were so expensive on RD.

Does anyone have the brown leather premium pair?? If so could you attest to the quality and if the shoe stands out a lot more than the standard woven?
Saw a pair for a good price and was very willing to cop if they're worth it since they were so expensive on RD.
i have a pair of red and glow premiums, the grey and ice bottom premiums, and the brown leather premiums.  i don't wear the brown ones that often, in face i havent worn em since new years but i really like how they look and feel.  i just dont wear a lot of earth tones or have anything to pair with them really so they are on the shelf for the time being. kind of a fall/winter shoe for me.

quality is top notch.

Picked these up while my girl was getting the playoff low 13's. This will definitely be my go to summer shoe... They seem to run a half size small. I went with the 12 but needed a 12.5, the 13 was just way too big... Get to your local HOH and cop a pair. That's the only place carrying them right now. Can't even find them online... 

i have a pair of red and glow premiums, the grey and ice bottom premiums, and the brown leather premiums.  i don't wear the brown ones that often, in face i havent worn em since new years but i really like how they look and feel.  i just dont wear a lot of earth tones or have anything to pair with them really so they are on the shelf for the time being. kind of a fall/winter shoe for me.

quality is top notch.

Repped! I know that was random for the thread they dropped in October, people are checking for low's now but, I wanted to know before I pulled the trigger on em. Thanks yo!!

Picked these up while my girl was getting the playoff low 13's. This will definitely be my go to summer shoe... They seem to run a half size small. I went with the 12 but needed a 12.5, the 13 was just way too big... Get to your local HOH and cop a pair. That's the only place carrying them right now. Can't even find them online...
def the best lows

View media item 1582591

View media item 1582589
View media item 1582592

I think the futures are all a bit short... I pulled the insoles out my volt & 3m's sz 12 & had to do the same with my purps that are 11.5 all three fit the same with & without insoles

Last edited:
I think the futures a all a bit short... I pulled the insoles out my volt & 3m's sz 12 & had to do the same with my purps that are 11.5 all three fit the same with & without insoles
Yeah I'll have to do that... I had to do that with my CDP 11's... Thanks for the reminder! 

Don't know about you guys but it runs large for me.  9.5 and I have so much wiggle room... but the mid foot area is very tight for me.  

Anyways I want the Materiel of the Future Mid, the build of the Jordan Eclipse upper, and sole of XI.  These things are so comfortable to just chill with but not having a heel lockdown sucks. 

The "Gamma Lows" "Black Metallics" whatever you want to call them are just chillin at HOH Fashion Square in Scottsdale. Picked up a size 10.5 there yesterday. Copped for $120 with a Birthday coupon.

Very nice shoe overall. Caught me off guard when I saw them. My local FTL doesn't have them. You could almost wear them as a work shoe if your job requires a black shoe.

My only complaint is that I wish they came with a real, black carbon plate not a silver colored plastic piece. IMO, the cheap plastic plate kinda ruins many of the non-premium CWs.

I believe these are listed as a glass composite.  I'm not sure if that means fiberglass and plastic.  Personally, aside from the chosen pattern on it, it looks and feels exactly like my XIs.  It doesn't look or feel like plastic at all to me.  I can see what you're saying about the look if it were black, however, I don't mind the silver.  It's not very bright, and adds a nice accent to an otherwise plain midsole.  My only complaint would be that the wider weave leaves it looser, and it looks like poor craftsmanship in some areas.  Also, the toe box fits a little tighter (vertical height; not length) compared to the mids.  I haven't tried on mesh future lows, so I'm not sure if it's the wider weave; the length and shape are otherwise exactly the same as the mids for me.  Maybe the tighter weave and weave pattern on the mids makes it more flexible overall...

I believe the mids (non-premium) were listed on NDC's site as carbon fiber, and when I called Nike they confirmed that.  I can't find that launch page anymore though.  Either way, my mids look and feel exactly like XIs so I personally don't care.  The plastic shank on the XX9's on the other hand is definitely a cheaper look. 

Overall both the mids and the lows are very comfortable shoes, and a great alternative when you want comfort, and a dressier look when retros aren't appropriate.  They're certainly way more comfortable than any retro, including the XI.  I think the PSI in the zoom air is lower, providing more more cushion.  Anyway, I've got 3 pairs total, which I think is enough.

It's not plastic.
It's not far off feel wise from CF, actually thought I was until I came in here and read that, I'm not to picky about that stuff plus I think the silver is a perfect touch for and all black shoe with the blue TL bottom.

These bad boys are fresh though man. I did it again though, choose the low over mids, I have two mids and I stopped wearing them because of the heel slide/slippage.
Not these man. I will go back and get a second pair/same color tomorrow, before these disappear forever. I also picked up the grey/infrared low but I haven't pic'ed them yet. Here's these though.

Back
Top Bottom