Air Jordan Horror Stories Vol. :-(

retrosniper

Banned
Seen a few of these threads before, finally have a worthwhile contribution and would like to share others' pain.

I just moved into my first house on Memorial Day and have been running rampant bacc and forth from Ma Dukes crib gettin all my stuff to the new spot...I'vebeen using her F-150 piccup for the majority of the trips. So Thursday I load up my 50+ pairs of Jordans in the bed of the trucc and shoot to the crib, offloadthen go to work for the day. The next morning I'm setting them up in the loft (my room) and I can't help but feel something's missing. After acareful, concise, and repeated inventory, it became clear to me that my Olympic 7s were not on the premises. I couldn't think of where they may have fallenout've the trucc but boy am I sore. It does give me an excuse to cop a DS 10.5 somewhere down the line, but the sentimentality won't be the same. Icopped on RD and kept them up as best I could, even with the original purchase receipt...
frown.gif

From being stolen to lost or destroyed by forces not your own, please share my pain and let me know it could always be worse...thanks NT

smh.gif
I feel bad for you, but it could be worse somebody could have robbed you at gunpoint for those 7's

THATS NOT ME...

1173353587_5f6021553f_o.jpg

oooo thats bad...

my story is....

I was a young sneakerhead about 14 when the Grapes Retrod. I had my money saved up knowing these were coming out. I get to footloose but i didn't kno theyhad a special opening at 6 soo i said i'll go to my local spot. Wait there from 7-9 in the Cold CT weather. Store finally opens up and says they only haveone set. i think alright size 7-13 i guess. So they let people in one by one when it was finally my turn the guy says sorry kid sold out. I've been bitterever since.

Part 2.

my pops takes me to New York and i was pissed cuz i didn't have the grapes on my feet. So i was telling my dad about how much they cost on ebay and thati'll probably nvr get a pair and some indian guy who owned a store and said ooo we have the grapes for 400. I look at him and drop my jaw in disbelief.then he said ok how bout 375. I walk away like this guy must be crazy

Thats how i didn't get the Grape V's and now i hate Aquas

Originally Posted by Jcool813

oooo thats bad...

my story is....

I was a young sneakerhead about 14 when the Grapes Retrod. I had my money saved up knowing these were coming out. I get to footloose but i didn't kno they had a special opening at 6 soo i said i'll go to my local spot. Wait there from 7-9 in the Cold CT weather. Store finally opens up and says they only have one set. i think alright size 7-13 i guess. So they let people in one by one when it was finally my turn the guy says sorry kid sold out. I've been bitter ever since.

same EXACT thing happened to me, just that i was in California

Hey, those sneakers are overrated anyways.

laugh.gif
I stand behind that statement but sorry for your 'lost'. I'd be pretty furious if I lost one of my favorite Jordans.

Originally Posted by Jcool813

oooo thats bad...

my story is....

I was a young sneakerhead about 14 when the Grapes Retrod. I had my money saved up knowing these were coming out. I get to footloose but i didn't kno they had a special opening at 6 soo i said i'll go to my local spot. Wait there from 7-9 in the Cold CT weather. Store finally opens up and says they only have one set. i think alright size 7-13 i guess. So they let people in one by one when it was finally my turn the guy says sorry kid sold out. I've been bitter ever since.

Part 2.

my pops takes me to New York and i was pissed cuz i didn't have the grapes on my feet. So i was telling my dad about how much they cost on ebay and that i'll probably nvr get a pair and some indian guy who owned a store and said ooo we have the grapes for 400. I look at him and drop my jaw in disbelief. then he said ok how bout 375. I walk away like this guy must be crazy

Thats how i didn't get the Grape V's and now i hate Aquas

damn homie, the Aquas and Grapes are one of my faves and copped both, you Gotta Do Work Son.
laugh.gif

I was close to sellin mines(Grapes) but didn't.

If you do some lookin round, NT or some sites have em for round $165-$250.

my story.. I work for Nike... got scheduled for the morning of the Carmine release.. and missed out on all my options by the time I was off work.. I have beenwaiting since I was 6 years old for these and because I had to work for Nike i wasnt able to make the necessary phone calls to get a pair... I am still sadabout it

well its not necessarily a horror story but it could have became one.....when the black/red 13's dropped a couple years ago my dad went and got them cuz weasked for them for christmas(i was broke then rofl) but he had connections with the manager and asked him to out aside 2 pairs....it was a midnight release ofcourse so he gets down there...and the guy was like one pair per customer......my dads gets to the counter manager pulls them of his desk dad drops the 300 andchange....when everyone saw he had 2 pairs instead of one he had to literally run out the back door and jump in to his truck to get away from the crowd
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Seen a few of these threads before, finally have a worthwhile contribution and would like to share others' pain.

I just moved into my first house on Memorial Day and have been running rampant bacc and forth from Ma Dukes crib gettin all my stuff to the new spot...I've been using her F-150 piccup for the majority of the trips. So Thursday I load up my 50+ pairs of Jordans in the bed of the trucc and shoot to the crib, offload then go to work for the day. The next morning I'm setting them up in the loft (my room) and I can't help but feel something's missing. After a careful, concise, and repeated inventory, it became clear to me that my Olympic 7s were not on the premises. I couldn't think of where they may have fallen out've the trucc but boy am I sore. It does give me an excuse to cop a DS 10.5 somewhere down the line, but the sentimentality won't be the same. I copped on RD and kept them up as best I could, even with the original purchase receipt...
frown.gif

From being stolen to lost or destroyed by forces not your own, please share my pain and let me know it could always be worse...thanks NT

laugh.gif
e-gangsters

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I just moved into my first house on Memorial Day and have been running rampant bacc and forth from Ma Dukes crib gettin all my stuff to the new spot...I've been using her F-150 piccup for the majority of the trips. So Thursday I load up my 50+ pairs of Jordans in the bed of the trucc and shoot to the crib, offload then go to work for the day. The next morning I'm setting them up in the loft (my room) and I can't help but feel something's missing. After a careful, concise, and repeated inventory, it became clear to me that my Olympic 7s were not on the premises. I couldn't think of where they may have fallen out've the trucc but boy am I sore. It does give me an excuse to cop a DS 10.5 somewhere down the line, but the sentimentality won't be the same. I copped on RD and kept them up as best I could, even with the original purchase receipt...
frown.gif

laugh.gif
e-gangsters

how e-gangsters?

Originally Posted by LilCarmelo88

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

frown.gif

laugh.gif
e-gangsters

how e-gangsters?

"e-Crips" replace the words that have a k following a c and replace the k with another c ex. bacc, picc, trucc. Because a "ck" meanscrip killer. Just ask Ben Baller.

Yeah, so suposedly one of my moms friends was wearing a pair of jays and some guy caught him in a back alley or something and held him to gun point for hisjays.
indifferent.gif

Once I went to buy the green bean V when they release in 06 i think, some kid snatched the bag out of my cousin's hand and I chased the kid screaming"CATCH THAT THEIF" and I lost my breathe and I gave up. Then a black man in a suv drove to me and told me he saw me yelling at him and he chased himand got the bag let him go. I tried to tip him but he said it was all kool. I took pics with my cousin that day all happy for him getting those sneakersback.It was at around the same time his mom passed away so I really felt sorry for him but good thing he got them back.

Originally Posted by LilCarmelo88

well its not necessarily a horror story but it could have became one.....when the black/red 13's dropped a couple years ago my dad went and got them cuz we asked for them for christmas(i was broke then rofl) but he had connections with the manager and asked him to out aside 2 pairs....it was a midnight release of course so he gets down there...and the guy was like one pair per customer......my dads gets to the counter manager pulls them of his desk dad drops the 300 and change....when everyone saw he had 2 pairs instead of one he had to literally run out the back door and jump in to his truck to get away from the crowd
indifferent.gif

did he get away with em??

hurricane katrina-nuff said
frown.gif

srry to hear that

that sucks to hear that man....myne was a lot worse though....totaled to about maybe $3400...............morning after my brother and i through a party...doorswere left unlucked i guess...3 guys who i thought were my boys....DS true blue 3's, vnds cement 3's, DS CG 3's, DS Fire Red 5's, VNDS Purplebape Roadstas, VVNDS Unluckys...1 bape hoodie, 1 bottle of cristal that my parents were saving....it sucks...and i never pressed charges or called thecops....they left the boxes exactly how i had them on my shelf in my closet..i didnt exactly find out until a week or so later when i wasgoing to wear my cement 3's...then i picked up the other boxes and they were all empty...they didnt take all of my collection though..but basically all thejordan heat..and my favorite pair of dunk sbs

Last edited:
Ya that sucks..it could have been way worse, like all 50 of your pairs fallling on the freeway and gettin smashed by semi's and big trucks orsomethin..thats actualley where I thought you were goin with that story.

^^sorry, but if i knew the person who did that, i wouldnt need my boys to handle my biz.

anyway my add on......

so we are at this after hour spot here n DC (northeast), n some dude keeps eyin my kicks (raptor 7's)......at first i thought it was cool n he was juscheckin em out but it turned ugly real fast. i went outside with my boy while he smoked on the patio n dude followed us out there n pulled a strap on me n toldme to give him the shoes. so needless to say i no longer have my raptor 7's lol o well im alive......could of been alot worse

P.S.- my sympathy to ALL the katrina victims and there losses

frown.gif
At least you have your life, worth more that Raptor 7's but having them back would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom