Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

best-air-jordan-2s.jpg

This is what they should look like. On the retros after 1995, the lizard skin is lined with a red/black liner. Which breaks up the clean simplicity of the shoe. This only applies to the high though. Where as the original low had the "piping" .

Its interesting the lows had the piping but the highs didnt. I like them in both iterations.

Even with the other high as well. I never could understand either. I dont hate it, but on this release , I want it looking like the original and first retro. I know a lot of people will say its too plain but I think it works perfect on the colorway. My only thought to as why they decided to put it on the white and red high is maybe due to the white midsole. To help break up the shoe like the black midsole does for the Chicago. ?

Last edited:
“Everything changed when, in 1994, someone stole the mould of the shoe. Nike had to cut the shoe open to reissue it that year and again in 2004. That open-heart surgery triggered something similar to Tutankhamun's curse, because from that moment on the Air Jordan 2 stopped selling, while the Air Jordan 1 continued flying.”

I’m gonna go with BS on this. Someone stole “the mould”? As if there’s a single mould that makes every shoe in every size? And if it was stolen in 94 then they’d have had to reverse engineer the shoe and manufacture it all that same year for the shoe to release in 95.
I remember this story, or one exactly like it. It may even be in the Scoop Jackson book Sole Provider or whatever it was called. I have the book, I'll try to look for it soon.

Why can't they just replicate them with the default specs? Like how hard is it to do since this is literally making a copy we're dealing with here?

Never realized the piping wasn't on the OG. I actually like the piping but if we remastering the OG I could understand leaving it off.

Its interesting the lows had the piping but the highs didnt. I like them in both iterations.

They should just keep the specs that correspond thoroughly with each version. Just keep it default.

No piping on the high-top version. And include piping on the low-top version should they decide to replicate that pair in the future.

Back
Top Bottom