What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I dont get the lack of the figerglass looking footbed thing, how does he glue it back to the sole? Thats the part that throws me off when i play it out in my head. Does he sew it back on when hes done cutting?? That seems daunting

This is starting to feel like one of those things that looks simple enough but ends up being super intense

Stitching that toe part of the outsole....

He does sew it back on when he’s done cutting. He’s definitely more of an advanced customizer and is pretty handy with a sewing machine.

He does sew it back on when he’s done cutting. He’s definitely more of an advanced customizer and is pretty handy with a sewing machine.

I was going to wrench it out by hand lol. No sewing machines here. How much do those run? Using those correctly seems like trying to learn the guitar all over again. I dont have time for that anymore... I hope its easy to get the hang of

I was going to wrench it out by hand lol. No sewing machines here. How much do those run? Using those correctly seems like trying to learn the guitar all over again. I dont have time for that anymore... I hope its easy to get the hang of

I really hope this dude shares the wealth. I’d be willing to pay for him to just show me how

From what I can gather, he has training (whether he’s taken classes or is self-taught); I’m not certain. I don’t know if he’s the type of individual who’s open to take on projects for paying customers yet. From what I’ve seen from him, he’s learning to perfect his craft on projects just for him. He’s definitely on the right track and I am hoping he eventually decides to take orders for individuals such as ourselves who would like improved Retros.

From what I can gather, he has training (whether he’s taken classes or is self-taught); I’m not certain. I don’t know if he’s the type of individual who’s open to take on projects for paying customers yet. From what I’ve seen from him, he’s learning to perfect his craft on projects just for him. He’s definitely on the right track and I am hoping he eventually decides to take orders for individuals such as ourselves who would like improved Retros.

Could you imagine? He'd never have time for anything else. Then the inevitable complaints. F that.

His best route is video tutorials

Then again, if he could hire some skilled workers he could take on more orders at once and probably offset those complaints. His business would be the first on the block of what could be potentially be a huge new thing. He's definitely on the way to something.

Im almost 100 percent sure he's on here reading these comments too. He suspiciously nailed every single correction on those 3s Ive been complaining about among others here. The tucked tongue liner confirmed it for me.

Last edited:
At least there’s hope. Like it can be done.

Those 03 uppers
85C19D42-A14B-41B4-8B84-F9D2AF475974.png

Can’t wait to see that finished product

i picked up my 01s and held them to the 18s

01 and that boxy toebox. flat like linear

these current retros are just curved and slender to a point

they really need to make the heels straighten up. so noticeable on my 99 ivs and 01 bc3
and then curving on the 18s.

The guy nailed it. Amazing what he did there. Is it a legit business in the making? Maybe, maybe not. Since he doesn't seem to be making a business of it at the moment, I'm inclined to believe he must have a real day job.

My first inclination when I saw that custom pair--other than, damn, that's how it should be and great, great job, and like you tonytobacco tonytobacco , I wish I had the skills to do this myself--was to think, I'm hitting this guy up and I'll pay to have him do it.

And then I quickly realized, yeah, no. I'm not paying $200 or whatever for the shoes, then another what, $300 (or more?) for the custom work. Hell, even if it was $175 for his work, come on. I'm not looking to spend upward of $400 or more for one pair of Jordans, as bad as I want a good III retro. Either Nike one day gives us a legit III or it doesn't. I spend a LOT of money on shoes, but I draw the line at a certain point, man. EFF YOU NIKE, JUST DO IT RIGHT FOR ONCE. SOME GUY IN HIS GARAGE CAN DO THIS AND YOU CAN'T? DIE.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If he shares his process, it becomes everyone’s process. He’ll make no money.
Would you rather go to see a cover band or the real thing?

The process is pretty straight forward, the only question is how intensive and laboring the project is. Seeing him do it would not only be entertainment but also a litmus test on whether or not someone thinks they can DIY. Showing the process could have the opposite effect, it might make people appreciate what he does even more and say F all that, Im just sending my pair in to someone who is clearly more skilled than I.

The only reason Im considering DIY is becase thats the only option. And if possible Id like to edit them to my own specs that I see fit. His toe strip is still too tall and his tongue is too low. The padding delete is cool and everything but those 2 edits are by far the most important.

And if Im dissecting the entire shoe like he does, Im replacing that padding with memory foam. Might as well snag a 2003 or whatever for the soft upper. Make it a completely perfect 3 without actually copping an 88, and subtly tricked out

Last edited:
The thing is theyre never giving us these 3s. 400 dollars? all day. In this form, this is at the top of my all time favorite shoes

A simple collection of some dope 1s, these proper bc3s and a couple air maxs and thats all anyone really needs to have a nice rotation. Throw in some occasional 4s, 5s, and 7s and you got yourself a stew goin. Finish it off with a proper pair of boots and youre ready for anything.

The thing is theyre never giving us these 3s. 400 dollars? all day. In this form, this is at the top of my all time favorite shoes

A simple collection of some dope 1s, these proper bc3s and a couple air maxs and thats all anyone really needs to have a nice rotation. Throw in some occasional 4s, 5s, and 7s and you got yourself a stew goin. Finish it off with a proper pair of boots and youre ready for anything.

Arrested development reference I love it!

Arrested development reference I love it!
we need to hang out irl

JB will eventually give us proper retros, I've taken the stance that it's not gonna happen any time soon but it will one day (yes, they'll charge $300+ for it :lol:).

They can't keep issuing the same shoe 9 or 10 times. Sure, we buy the OG colors up now still, but the numbers are bound to fall off years from now. What does JB then do to ratchet this up again? Reissuing the shoes as literal proper OGs, with a $300-400 price tag, a whole campaign around it and maybe MJ doing advertisement for it (I can see it now, "You want what I wore? You got it"). And then madness starts right back up. It's inevitable that JB's gonna have to do this, there's no way they are selling out the same crap quality shoe till the end of time at the numbers that they want and expect. We'll all probably be old at this point but hey we can dream...

JB will eventually give us proper retros, I've taken the stance that it's not gonna happen any time soon but it will one day (yes, they'll charge $300+ for it :lol:).

They can't keep issuing the same shoe 9 or 10 times. Sure, we buy the OG colors up now still, but the numbers are bound to fall off years from now. What does JB then do to ratchet this up again? Reissuing the shoes as literal proper OGs, with a $300-400 price tag, a whole campaign around it and maybe MJ doing advertisement for it (I can see it now, "You want what I wore? You got it"). And then madness starts right back up. It's inevitable that JB's gonna have to do this, there's no way they are selling out the same crap quality shoe till the end of time at the numbers that they want and expect. We'll all probably be old at this point but hey we can dream...

I've been thinking that's they're and game, they'll slowly improve one thing at a time, until retros just dont profit anymore then they'll finally get it right. I'd say around the 50th anniversary. Moat of us wont care about shoes much anymore, and the youngsters wont even really know how impactful Jordan was, they'll probably be on the Yeezy retros like we do Jordans.

JB will eventually give us proper retros

Jordan Brand is incapable of giving us proper Retros. There is always some sort of one off or a complete butchering. We’re delusional to believe anyone at JB actually knows what they’re doing in regards to correct shape, molds and materials. They just keep pushing out mediocrity and the masses just consume. It took a decade to get Nike Air on the heel of models it should have never been removed from. It’s nice to know that there are customizer out there that can take the junk JB releases and make it how it should look.

Jordan Brand is incapable of giving us proper Retros. There is always some sort of one off or a complete butchering. We’re delusional to believe anyone at JB actually knows what they’re doing in regards to correct shape, molds and materials. They just keep pushing out mediocrity and the masses just consume. It took a decade to get Nike Air on the heel of models it should have never been removed from. It’s nice to know that there are customizer out there that can take the junk JB releases and make it how it should look.

I still think this is they're end game, they'll get it right in about 20 years or so on the final run of retros when noone cares anymore... thats why they're slowly fading, and starting to give us some of what we want.

Not too farfetched of a prediction, I agree

Look how they have improved from 2008, 2011, to now, with the BC3 release specifically

They’re heading in the right direction

Not too farfetched of a prediction, I agree

Look how they have improved from 2008, 2011, to now, with the BC3 release specifically

They’re heading in the right direction

That's why they wont get them perfect, its business. If they got them identical to the OG's how many of us would just retire, or slow down buying Jordan's considerably? I sure would...

Back
Top Bottom