Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
whats the baby powder technic?
Oops i meant Technique:rofl:
but it's where you take out the Insole and put some Baby Powder inside the Shoe, to remove any Moisture stuck between the two which can cause Squeaking.
No Idea why it isn't working in my Case though.

Oops i meant Technique:rofl:
but it's where you take out the Insole and put some Baby Powder inside the Shoe, to remove any Moisture stuck between the two which can cause Squeaking.
No Idea why it isn't working in my Case though.

Not in this model, but I've had the same issue in others where baby powder didn't work. I carefully sprayed lithium greace which solved the problem.

Anybody else have Squeaking problems with these?

I haven't worn my Pair since last Month because both Shoes developed this annoying Squeaking Sound in the Forefoot. I've tried the Babypowder Trick multiple times with no luck (also this Sound happens with or without Insoles so i don't think this is the Solution). It only happens when i put my Foot in them and put my Weight on the Forefoot (i. E. normal Walking), when i'm not wearing them i can Flex them how i want the Sound will not occure so i don't think its any of the Leather Rubbing together, also nothing changes whether i step on Carpet, Concrete or Other Floors so it shouldn't be anything about the Outsole either.

I'm honestly kind of lost at what to try next:smh: I can't really Wear em like that since the Sound is REALLY loud.
Anybody got any Ideas?

I had the same issue and the baby powder trick seemed to have worked so far, wore them 2-3 times with no squeak

I also removed the two pieces of tape from under the insole but idk if that contributes anything

IMG_20181009_181619_593.jpg
IMG_20181009_182143_802.jpg
IMG_20181009_182726_718.jpg

Has enough time passed for us to be honest and admit that pretty much every 3 after these had way better leather? I’ve seen the Katrina, Pure Money, and Tinker and those have thick genuine leather that’s crazy soft. I’m not even sure these are genuine leather even though they’re not stiff like the TB

Last edited:
Has enough time passed for us to be honest and admit that pretty much every 3 after these had way better leather? I’ve seen the Katrina, Pure Money, and Tinker and those have thick genuine leather that’s crazy soft. I’m not even these are genuine leather even though they’re not stiff like the TB

I tend to agree. I’ve worn mine once and really only the collar padding seems to be a notable difference from the ‘11 retro, IMO. Well, I guess the leather is better but not much.

Has enough time passed for us to be honest and admit that pretty much every 3 after these had way better leather? I’ve seen the Katrina, Pure Money, and Tinker and those have thick genuine leather that’s crazy soft. I’m not even sure these are genuine leather even though they’re not stiff like the TB

BC3s and Katrinas were inconsistent with the leather. I went through 6 pairs of 2018 BC3s and most of them had one side with soft tumbled leather and the other shoe was hard leather. One pair I got from SNKRS had super soft tumbled leather. I've had 2 pairs of Free Throw Line 3s and both of those had super soft leather. The Pure White Jordan 3s I saw at the store looked like great leather, but not as soft as the best pair of BC3s I have. I can't generalize that the BC3 has inferior upper quality than all the others. I don't think it's true from my experience.

BC3s and Katrinas were inconsistent with the leather. I went through 6 pairs of 2018 BC3s and most of them had one side with soft tumbled leather and the other shoe was hard leather. One pair I got from SNKRS had super soft tumbled leather. I've had 2 pairs of Free Throw Line 3s and both of those had super soft leather. The Pure White Jordan 3s I saw at the store looked like great leather, but not as soft as the best pair of BC3s I have. I can't generalize that the BC3 has inferior upper quality than all the others. I don't think it's true from my experience.
I’m not just talking about softness. The Cements literally have a different grain of leather lol. They were getting hyped up like crazy. When I compared them to my 2006 Fire Red and 2014 Black Motorsport, they felt and looked synthetic. I’m not saying they’re the worst 3 ever, but they were gassed heavily.

I’m not just talking about softness. The Cements literally have a different grain of leather lol. They were getting hyped up like crazy. When I compared them to my 2006 Fire Red and 2014 Black Motorsport, they felt and looked synthetic. I’m not saying they’re the worst 3 ever, but they were gassed heavily.

I keep seeing 2001s or whatever pop up. I might end up doing it. I hate myself for not pouncing on that DS pair for 260 a week ago

I went through 4 pairs of these to find one with decent leather but they do exist. Some pairs were legit hard as a rock but some do have decent leather.

I don't think a lot of people were saying that the uppers were excellent quality. I think people were more excited about the NA and the general quality. They did the heel tab very well with the all white Nike Air. Not sure if it was OG quality, but it is definitely nice. I don't have the 2006 Fire Reds to compare to, but the 2011 WC3s seem to be higher quality upper material. The Sport Blue 3s from 2014 were horrible to me. They are the worst upper material on any 3 I've ever owned. It looks like a cheap K-mart brand shoe. I overlooked the poor quality just because it was the closest thing to a black cement I could get at the time. The 2018 BC3 is way better than the Sport Blue 3s in any aspect. I have no question about that. I could show someone who knows nothing about shoes the Sport Blue 3s next to the BC3s and they will 100 times out of 100 know that the BC3 is higher quality. Maybe I got a bad pair of Sport Blues. I think the quality of the True Blue 3s is underrated because it ran small. Yes, the full grain leather is harder than most other 3s, but I can see how if I would have gone a 1/2 size up, they would have felt way better. I think most people attribute the rigidity of the shoe to the integrity of the leather, but it actually could be more of a sizing issue. The insole of the TB3s is excellent. One of the best 3's I've worn. Back to the BC3, I do think it depends on what pair you got. If you saw the best pair I have, the material is one of the best I've seen, but the other 4 or 5 pairs I saw were not bad, but not amazing either. I think the FTLs are amazing collectors quality as well as the 2011 WC3.

I have the sport blue 3's and 3 pairs of BC3 and totally get what your talking about. I also bought a pair of the Tinker 3's this year and find their leather quality to be pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom