Air Jordan III OG Black Cement returns Feb 2018 - Nike Air on the back

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by palma, Nov 18, 2016.

1. 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

42 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. True to Size (buy your true size)

438 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

51 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. engineer

engineer

I went through 4 pairs of these to find one with decent leather but they do exist. Some pairs were legit hard as a rock but some do have decent leather.

2. tonytobacco

tonytobacco

did the better leather ones have a better cut of ep too? Some of these cuts im seeing are laughable.

3. 888sneakerst

888sneakerst

I don't think a lot of people were saying that the uppers were excellent quality. I think people were more excited about the NA and the general quality. They did the heel tab very well with the all white Nike Air. Not sure if it was OG quality, but it is definitely nice. I don't have the 2006 Fire Reds to compare to, but the 2011 WC3s seem to be higher quality upper material. The Sport Blue 3s from 2014 were horrible to me. They are the worst upper material on any 3 I've ever owned. It looks like a cheap K-mart brand shoe. I overlooked the poor quality just because it was the closest thing to a black cement I could get at the time. The 2018 BC3 is way better than the Sport Blue 3s in any aspect. I have no question about that. I could show someone who knows nothing about shoes the Sport Blue 3s next to the BC3s and they will 100 times out of 100 know that the BC3 is higher quality. Maybe I got a bad pair of Sport Blues. I think the quality of the True Blue 3s is underrated because it ran small. Yes, the full grain leather is harder than most other 3s, but I can see how if I would have gone a 1/2 size up, they would have felt way better. I think most people attribute the rigidity of the shoe to the integrity of the leather, but it actually could be more of a sizing issue. The insole of the TB3s is excellent. One of the best 3's I've worn. Back to the BC3, I do think it depends on what pair you got. If you saw the best pair I have, the material is one of the best I've seen, but the other 4 or 5 pairs I saw were not bad, but not amazing either. I think the FTLs are amazing collectors quality as well as the 2011 WC3.

4. tonytobacco

tonytobacco

The sport blue 3 was the tail end of the dark days. I think the black gum 1s were the final breath of it

888sneakerst likes this.
  5. Addisonz123

Addisonz123

I have the sport blue 3's and 3 pairs of BC3 and totally get what your talking about. I also bought a pair of the Tinker 3's this year and find their leather quality to be pretty good too.

6. ghost24

ghost24

Sport blue 3 has terrible leather j went with my TTS and leather is still stiff till now

Addisonz123 likes this.