Air Jordan III True Blue's releasing June 2011?

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Might want to get your eyes checked..

Here's a reference point for you... The leather on the white/cement 3's and true blue 3's are very very very similar to the leather on the white/red XX3's.

maybe you should get your fingers checked feel the leather 
plus your vision and smell 

your eyes are fooling you

the leather on the 23's is not the same as the 2011 3's 

its a better quality leather on the 23's and it smells like real leather 

do you have both ?

i do

if so smell both shoes 

even after 3 years and a few wears the 23 dont smell or feel like a chemical like leather like this years 2011 cement's do 

You're right, they're not the same. But I never said that. I said they were very similar.

Leathers can have 13 or more different steps within the manufacturing process. This number can grow when dealing with the different top coats, finishes, treatments, and chemical agents used and the time between each step of the process.

The difference between the two leathers is one different step in the manufacturing process. This step is the difference between the extra sheen that is seen on the white/red XX3's, and not on the white/cement 3's. And while they are not exactly the same, they still come from the same vendor. So again, they are very similar.

Also, I'll assume we are both referring to the vamp/quarter panel area that extends to the top of the toe box as well as the piece at the top of the tongue. These parts contain the higher quality leather while the rest are a synthetic leather.
dude the leather from the white red 23's and the 2011 cements are no where near the same thing or similar 
they come from the same sweatshop 

and thats Y3 in china thats the only similarity i could see 

it seems to me you know something about leather though 

Might want to get your eyes checked..

Here's a reference point for you... The leather on the white/cement 3's and true blue 3's are very very very similar to the leather on the white/red XX3's.

do you have both ?

i do

if so smell both shoes 

even after 3 years and a few wears the 23 dont smell or feel like a chemical like leather like this years 2011 cement's do 

You're right, they're not the same. But I never said that. I said they were very similar.

Leathers can have 13 or more different steps within the manufacturing process. This number can grow when dealing with the different top coats, finishes, treatments, and chemical agents used and the time between each step of the process.

The difference between the two leathers is one different step in the manufacturing process. This step is the difference between the extra sheen that is seen on the white/red XX3's, and not on the white/cement 3's. And while they are not exactly the same, they still come from the same vendor. So again, they are very similar.

Also, I'll assume we are both referring to the vamp/quarter panel area that extends to the top of the toe box as well as the piece at the top of the tongue. These parts contain the higher quality leather while the rest are a synthetic leather.
dude the leather from the white red 23's and the 2011 cements are no where near the same thing or similar 

do you have both ?

i do

if so smell both shoes 

Indeed, they both are made in the Y3 factory in China. But so are a whole lot of other Jordan and Nike shoes as a result of it being such a large factory.
And I wouldn't necessarily call them a sweatshop.. the corporation that owns the factory is one that Nike uses for producing collegiate licensed apparel. If you're aware of some of the recent demands that universities have made to companies/brands regarding their licensed apparel, one of the priorities for colleges is that their licensed apparel not be produced or made in any sweatshops. While this may not happen 100% of the time, the fact that the corporation is on Nike's list should paint a picture that the conditions within their factories are better than what is found in sweatshops.

do you have both ?

i do

if so smell both shoes 

Indeed, they both are made in the Y3 factory in China. But so are a whole lot of other Jordan and Nike shoes as a result of it being such a large factory.
And I wouldn't necessarily call them a sweatshop.. the corporation that owns the factory is one that Nike uses for producing collegiate licensed apparel. If you're aware of some of the recent demands that universities have made to companies/brands regarding their licensed apparel, one of the priorities for colleges is that their licensed apparel not be produced or made in any sweatshops. While this may not happen 100% of the time, the fact that the corporation is on Nike's list should paint a picture that the conditions within their factories are better than what is found in sweatshops.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Will cop. Just received my Cemen 3's and I am in love man
roll.gif

Cleanest looking Jordans IMO

LOL HE SAID CEMEN 3'S..

i still call then sweatshops 
i know of stories of what really goes down in the so called factories from the wages the workers make to alot of other stuff i will not discuss here on niketalk

i know and read about the universities that are asking nike to monitor and to clean up the sweatshops 

but nike really has no control and i guess is happy with no one making a big deal about it in china anymore 

Nike has a few people from Oregon in these plants 

as i am sure you know the factories are not owed by nike  since they dont want to take responsible for what goes on at Y3 LN 3 and other sweatshops in china and other parts of asia 

but a Taiwanese based company called yueyuen industrials or pou chen corporation (that you see this name of the production card or nike samples or look see samples that are made in tawian) are the true manufactures of these shoes that not only makes shoes for nike but reebok new balance timberland puma and many other international shoe company's

thats another reason i dont believe this across the board price increase of materials that nike is going to do in 2011

we dont hear puma adidas new balance or even timberland talking about a price increase in there upcoming products 

its all a public relations ploy by nike not to call these "factories" sweatshops 

can you imagine just breathing in the smell of the leather of the 2011 3's alone day after day and only the manufacturer of that 1 shoes materials 

when you get them out the retail stores by the time they hit the states and across the world

The 3's still have such a strong chemical odor for glue and cheap leather

thats why i call them sweatshops 

thats not a great working environment 

thats a damn sweatshop 

i just goggled this on yue yuen on from a news article about foxxcom in china 

"Li noted that Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, the largest branded athletic and casual shoemaker in the world, lost at least 10 employees to suicide over the past 10 years, with four occurring between July and October 2008."

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif, verdana]if this is not a sweatshop i dont know what is [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif, verdana]
[/font]

[/font]

i still call then sweatshops 
i know of stories of what really goes down in the so called factories from the wages the workers make to alot of other stuff i will not discuss here on niketalk

i know and read about the universities that are asking nike to monitor and to clean up the sweatshops 

but nike really has no control and i guess is happy with no one making a big deal about it in china anymore 

Nike has a few people from Oregon in these plants 

as i am sure you know the factories are not owed by nike  since they dont want to take responsible for what goes on at Y3 LN 3 and other sweatshops in china and other parts of asia 

but a Taiwanese based company called yueyuen industrials or pou chen corporation (that you see this name of the production card or nike samples or look see samples that are made in tawian) are the true manufactures of these shoes that not only makes shoes for nike but reebok new balance timberland puma and many other international shoe company's

thats another reason i dont believe this across the board price increase of materials that nike is going to do in 2011

we dont hear puma adidas new balance or even timberland talking about a price increase in there upcoming products 

its all a public relations ploy by nike not to call these "factories" sweatshops 

can you imagine just breathing in the smell of the leather of the 2011 3's alone day after day and only the manufacturer of that 1 shoes materials 

when you get them out the retail stores by the time they hit the states and across the world

The 3's still have such a strong chemical odor for glue and cheap leather

thats why i call them sweatshops 

thats not a great working environment 

thats a damn sweatshop 

i just goggled this on yue yuen on from a news article about foxxcom in china 

"Li noted that Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, the largest branded athletic and casual shoemaker in the world, lost at least 10 employees to suicide over the past 10 years, with four occurring between July and October 2008."

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif, verdana]if this is not a sweatshop i dont know what is [/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Some people PM'ed me about the accessories included with the Jordan 3 True Blues.

My early pairs didn't have them, but I just got a couple more in right now and they def do come with the same accessories as the Cements.

If your buying early don't get got for your accessories.  A lot of those overseas sites look like they only have the retro cement box and not the booklet or hang tag.

Some people PM'ed me about the accessories included with the Jordan 3 True Blues.

My early pairs didn't have them, but I just got a couple more in right now and they def do come with the same accessories as the Cements.

If your buying early don't get got for your accessories.  A lot of those overseas sites look like they only have the retro cement box and not the booklet or hang tag.

Back
Top Bottom