Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Everyone does have the right to post their opinions on the shoes. But the repeated complaining about the same issues by the same person can get old. For people sick of seeing the same person post the same complaint please use the ignore function. And for the repeated complainers, we get it. You’ve stated your dislike now keep it moving. No need to stay in a thread for a shoe you’re unhappy with.

Everyone does have the right to post their opinions on the shoes. But the repeated complaining about the same issues by the same person can get old. For people sick of seeing the same person post the same complaint please use the ignore function. And for the repeated complainers, we get it. You’ve stated your dislike now keep it moving. No need to stay in a thread for a shoe you’re unhappy with.

This!.....we get it....you hate the release.....dont cop and walk away....simple as that....no need to beat a dead horse

I joined this site about 2 weeks ago and the same complainers are starting to get a LITTLE bit annoying lol. But it's all good I actually admire the passion they have and as a young guy on here I'm learning alot about the little details. :smile:

I joined this site about 2 weeks ago and the same complainers are starting to get a LITTLE bit annoying lol. But it's all good I actually admire the passion they have and as a young guy on here I'm learning alot about the little details. :smile:

Wait till you get 15 plus years under your belt. You'll done see it all.

tenor (5).gif

Welcome lad. And just so you know... NT never changes!!!

This thread has far exceed my expectations for entertainment, well done :rofl:

The best is yet to come...

But it's all good I actually admire the passion they have and as a young guy on here I'm learning alot about the little details. :smile:

IMO, that's the whole point. Without the OGs passion and knowledge, we'd all be in Team Jordan's and would be ecstatic about it.
We would buy and accept trash like in the JB Dark Ages. There probably wouldn't even be a remastered program.

Kind of reminds me of young hip hop fans vs old. If it wasn't for the OGs passion and knowledge, hip hop would sound like Electronica. Oh wait, it does. Smdh...

The worry here is not incessant complaints....it's that pretty soon NT is gonna be state-TV for Nike. The blogs now provide enough of that for them -- NT used to be different and a hell of a lot more knowledgable. It's changed somewhat, and that's fine. We've been over that all now for a couple years.

People here think there is a faction of "complainers." The beauty of this site though is, because this is not (yet) state-television, we get people from all walks of life and ages who like to state their opinions on the products Jordan Brand pumps out. That's what this site is for. It can be minor, it can be over the top. That's what other fan boards are like (go to any boards for any product and you will have members critiquing every last detail down to the inch I assure you). Niketalk itself was not, but it often is getting close to, a site to act like robots for every release Jordan Brand gives us and say "three pairs! Next!" It was a site to critique all aspects of the product. Hell, we were the best to do it! People brought knowledge and we all learned, we all called out what was needed to be called out. That's the beauty of a shoe board. It's not an infomercial. It's not owned by Nike.

The youth these days, to no fault of their own, do not care about the originals. They just don't. They care that it comes out, Mike supposedly wore it, and they need it. There is no problem with that whatsoever.

But this site also has the older heads hanging on. These guys, for the most part, like to check out the product and critique what is different about it. Some of it is major, some of it is minor. Some of it is just so outlandish and cheap that certain masses revolt accordingly and what results to some is "everyone is complaining." That's just the way it's gonna be still for awhile here. Some can critique and still buy, some can critique and walk away - it's our choice. But you can STILL buy a shoe and STILL talk about how it's disappointing NA is not on the back, or disappointing the patent leather cut is so damn low, or it's disappointing the 1's are so low cut.

You wanna know why those things in that last sentence are not in discussions anymore? Because places like NT changed the narrative and called out Jordan Brand for years on skimping on shoe legitimacy. We eventually got NA, we got higher patent, and so on. Often I think Millennials on here think those things just happened "because."

Am I giving NT too much credit with the evolution of some of the retro line? Maybe. But we still have a ways to go, and JB should be thankful that despite huge profits they still have a large section of fans who demand simple details that they know JB could do if they spent a few more minutes on the product. We buy what we like, we pass on what we wanna pass on. But as a member and lurker really since 2002 I hope and pray this site continues to be THE place to go to for everything involving Jordan releases.....and critique away

A dude in here complaining..about other people complaining? Wtfff

The sad thing is..this a top 5 jordan...yet they are releasing a bozo shape..its bitter sweet to say the absolute least. Thats why people are upset. The buzz around the release and the essence of the shoe takes us back..but then The disappointment set in when we saw the final product

The worry here is not incessant complaints....it's that pretty soon NT is gonna be state-TV for Nike. The blogs now provide enough of that for them -- NT used to be different and a hell of a lot more knowledgable. It's changed somewhat, and that's fine. We've been over that all now for a couple years.

People here think there is a faction of "complainers." The beauty of this site though is, because this is not (yet) state-television, we get people from all walks of life and ages who like to state their opinions on the products Jordan Brand pumps out. That's what this site is for. It can be minor, it can be over the top. That's what other fan boards are like (go to any boards for any product and you will have members critiquing every last detail down to the inch I assure you). Niketalk itself was not, but it often is getting close to, a site to act like robots for every release Jordan Brand gives us and say "three pairs! Next!" It was a site to critique all aspects of the product. Hell, we were the best to do it! People brought knowledge and we all learned, we all called out what was needed to be called out. That's the beauty of a shoe board. It's not an infomercial. It's not owned by Nike.

The youth these days, to no fault of their own, do not care about the originals. They just don't. They care that it comes out, Mike supposedly wore it, and they need it. There is no problem with that whatsoever.

But this site also has the older heads hanging on. These guys, for the most part, like to check out the product and critique what is different about it. Some of it is major, some of it is minor. Some of it is just so outlandish and cheap that certain masses revolt accordingly and what results to some is "everyone is complaining." That's just the way it's gonna be still for awhile here. Some can critique and still buy, some can critique and walk away - it's our choice. But you can STILL buy a shoe and STILL talk about how it's disappointing NA is not on the back, or disappointing the patent leather cut is so damn low, or it's disappointing the 1's are so low cut.

You wanna know why those things in that last sentence are not in discussions anymore? Because places like NT changed the narrative and called out Jordan Brand for years on skimping on shoe legitimacy. We eventually got NA, we got higher patent, and so on. Often I think Millennials on here think those things just happened "because."

Am I giving NT too much credit with the evolution of some of the retro line? Maybe. But we still have a ways to go, and JB should be thankful that despite huge profits they still have a large section of fans who demand simple details that they know JB could do if they spent a few more minutes on the product. We buy what we like, we pass on what we wanna pass on. But as a member and lurker really since 2002 I hope and pray this site continues to be THE place to go to for everything involving Jordan releases.....and critique away
POST OF THE YEAR when it comes to this subject. Couldn't have said it any better, brotha. Thank you.
Everyone who complains about the complainers complaining, read Ry's post three times and let it sink in. I laugh to myself when I read some of the above comments in the thread today about "it's the same three or four guys" always complaining. Yeah? It's also the same three or four guys incessantly posting that the shoes are just fine, they're great, and basically telling everyone we should be thanking Nike for giving them to us at all and we should run right out and buy them and never say anything negative more than one time. Some of you sound like you legit work for Nike. If that's truly how you feel, great. But you best believe that, as Ry said, the complainers and critiques are a big part of why things HAVE changed. No, these things most definitely do not happen just because.
Again, spot-on post.

POST OF THE YEAR when it comes to this subject. Couldn't have said it any better, brotha. Thank you.
Everyone who complains about the complainers complaining, read Ry's post three times and let it sink in. I laugh to myself when I read some of the above comments in the thread today about "it's the same three or four guys" always complaining. Yeah? It's also the same three or four guys incessantly posting that the shoes are just fine, they're great, and basically telling everyone we should be thanking Nike for giving them to us at all and we should run right out and buy them and never say anything negative more than one time. Some of you sound like you legit work for Nike. If that's truly how you feel, great. But you best believe that, as Ry said, the complainers and critiques are a big part of why things HAVE changed. No, these things most definitely do not happen just because.
Again, spot-on post.

That part. And... my old *** is gonna keep complaining when it comes to the OGs. Retro +, NRG or whatever, I won’t say a word. Y’all can eat all day but when it comes to the OGs and when Nike/JB is throwing out the “ made to the specs of the original” tag line, I’m calling BS when I see it

Back
Top Bottom