Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by Bert., Feb 26, 2018.

1. Greg Surels

Greg Surels

I
    Congratulations man. Always nice to receive a clean pair when we all know how bad Nike/Jordan brand QC can be. I actually doubled up. 1 pair from footlocker & one from JD Sports. I did it just in case 1 pair looked like sh*t. They're both pretty much flawless so I now have 2 really clean pairs. Time to try the colored pencil technique on one of them.

marztharealist likes this.
  2. tomlinbrowne

tomlinbrowne

Hanging threads, poorly painted midsoles, big brush strokes, crooked heel tabs, overlapping material on one wing. But the thing that decided it was the Nike AIr being so far over. One pair was really wonky but the pair I was going to keep still looked crooked. Not worth £165. Nostalgia or not. They are so uncomfortable too and that durabuck marks so easily. They're gonna look lame real quick. I graft hard to pay for things and these were not worth my hard earned money. Praying the bred 1s are better. Less to go wrong on those. But hey, this is nike.... At least I have £165 to spend again

marztharealist and Greg Surels like this.
  3. atdizzle

atdizzle

the crooked off centered nike air on the back isnt a defect or bad manufacturing. they were made that way intentionally. youd b hard-pressed to find a pair without it like that.

4. zombiejohnny

zombiejohnny

I've been really anxious to wear my pair but it keeps raining here in NYC.

G Stacks84 likes this.
  5. atdizzle

atdizzle

todays a great day to wear em. tomorrow is rain again i think.

6. tomlinbrowne

tomlinbrowne

EXACTLY. It was hard to tell which pair was the best and with the other faults. No thanks. They're not for me.

7. sonicjai

sonicjai

I've worn my pair in the rain and it was just fine here in NYC.

One thing after a week of wearing these is that they have broken in somewhat but still pretty uncomfortable in comparison to my WC4s.

Also noticed the toebox creasing is heavily shown with a visible white lining. Doesn't look too great and gives me the impression these shoes won't age too well in the future. I shouldn't care too much since I bought these for the purpose of rocking since these are one of my favorite colorways.

8. WeinerPoop

WeinerPoop

The insole also has a massively tall arch, maybe not a problem for some but not that comfortable for people with wide, flat feet.

9. zombiejohnny

zombiejohnny

Yeah, but the ground was wet this morning because it rained last night and yes, rain again tomorrow unfortunately.

atdizzle likes this.
  10. zombiejohnny

zombiejohnny

I don't think I can ever wear a pair of Jordans for a week straight. Isn't the material on the upper the same as the 6's? Also I noticed if you wear them looser I don't think they will crease as bad.

11. Hopsin

Hopsin

Easy fix
    download (27).jpeg

12. maxmaxjordan23

maxmaxjordan23

Hey all, Just a heads up to everybody. if you have a StockX account, please be careful, mine was hacked yesterday, and they bought Air Force 1 Off White Volt's for almost $700. Luckily I was able to catch it in time and alert paypal and StockX, but StockX had to delete my account , meaning I will lose my selling status, had over 40 sales. Plus have to wait 2-3 days for the money to put back in my account.

13. millzszn93

millzszn93 formerly nikeairmillz93

You have paypal or credit card with it?

14. canklebreaker

canklebreaker

Mine was hacked awhile back too, didn't close my account or anything, just updated my PW. Shady SX wanna make you lose that status.

15. D_eezus

D_eezus formerly zombifed nach0

Those be a while

Fire Reds & Military Blues should be up next

Greg Surels and millzszn93 like this.
  16. turbospartan

turbospartan

StockX got hacked and is deleting your account... but won't give you your former status back?

Magic33 likes this.
  17. Doom.

Doom.

I wonder if anyone has tried to hack one of my 30 accounts...

Hopsin and Greg Surels like this.
  18. Greg Surels

Greg Surels

I'm hoping for the military blue's 1st. That's the last OG colorway I need for the collection.

19. ogSlater

ogSlater

I'm og Niketalk here I've been in here since the beginning I specifically remember the thread that this bred thing started on. the black and red XI's were being discussed and someone said imma just call them the breds there black and red and they bring the most money. so bred seemed fitting to him. I personally didn't think too much of it as the black and red XI's were the play off 11's to me. and from there it was a snowball effect once people knew what it meant they said well I can call and black and red colorway a bred thats where we are today. Now I must say this is my theory on why it didn't stop and eventually be a household term. when this all first happened literally after that first post mentioning the term bred, People hated it and wouldn't shut up about it so much that the hate alone increased the interest in what was being talked about. if that one person would have said bred and nobody responded we would not be using the term today. it was the haters that fueled the entire thing.

20. 1978S

1978S

Pics of your creasing please.

21. SoleByThePound

SoleByThePound

I remember that thread and you’re absolutely right. If the term would have been ignored, it would have never caught on.

22. michaeln30

michaeln30

There is a guy out there, telling everyone he created the term "Bred' and no one knows that he's actually telling the truth.

23. 1988supersport

1988supersport

Somebody somewhere else couldve came up with it seperately and it took off from somebody else elsewhere.

Combining black and red isnt all that creative. You could be right though this site is seemingly influencial on shoe culture.

24. 1978S

1978S

This. Folks have argued & claimed originating various slang terms for decades. There will never be proof.

KanyIZZY likes this.
  25. maxmaxjordan23

maxmaxjordan23

Paypal