Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

B3CC738D-012B-424A-9501-D50D86FAA662.jpeg

U see how they try and keep their hands in your pocket every other month

December 3 pair
February 2 pair
May 2 pair

After this holiday playoff xi I’m walking out that door and never looking back

I really hate to say this but.. see you on release date :lol: .

Reactions: ARK
3BCF6E40-4043-46AD-A460-42E5CD1039CD.jpeg
The Mannequin wearing the Black Cement IV made me break my neck On May 4 1999. I went into the footlocker to buy them instantly only to be told they don’t come out until tomorrow. The concept of them having the shoe and not being able to sell it boggled my mind. Nevertheless I came back the next day and got the shirt too. Still have the shirt.

3BCF6E40-4043-46AD-A460-42E5CD1039CD.jpeg
The Mannequin wearing the Black Cement IV made me break my neck On May 4 1999. I went into the footlocker to buy them instantly only to be told they don’t come out until tomorrow. The concept of them having the shoe and not being able to sell it boggled my mind. Nevertheless I came back the next day and got the shirt too. Still have the shirt.

I was a bit out of the scene in ‘99. Sort of lost interest in ball in the fallout from MJ’s retirement and had just graduated college and was getting into racing cars and just starting a new life chapter. I had played and watched so much bball during the preceding decade and needed a break. Was working in a law office and one day after filing some papers in a court I walked across the street to a mall to get some lunch. Popped in a Footlocker and saw them in there but didn’t buy. It was a different time then, was still kind of weird seeing old shoes in a store. Started thinking on it and went back a few days later but found out I was late and my size was long gone. Never got ‘em. I swear, it’s hilarious to me now to think I would have even been out of it like that back then—both my awareness and my feelings toward the old shoes. Yeah, totally different era LOL.

If the Nike Air is really like this on the Black Cement IV's, that is unacceptable. You know they have access to the '99 pairs. Why not copy the it exactly the way it was on that shoe. It can't be that hard. Its clear on the 99 pair that the R in AIR is on the inside of E in NIKE. On the 2019 pairs we have seen so far, the R is almost on the right of the E. That is just lazy IMO and it looks terrible. This is my favorite shoe ever. IMO Nothing compares. The OG was my first pair of J's, and I just want something that comes close as possible to it. It will not stop me from buying 5 pairs but it does suck that they (if this is what they will look like) could not get something this simple correct.

If the Nike Air is really like this on the Black Cement IV's, that is unacceptable. You know they have access to the '99 pairs. Why not copy the it exactly the way it was on that shoe. It can't be that hard. Its clear on the 99 pair that the R in AIR is on the inside of E in NIKE. On the 2019 pairs we have seen so far, the R is almost on the right of the E. That is just lazy IMO and it looks terrible. This is my favorite shoe ever. IMO Nothing compares. The OG was my first pair of J's, and I just want something that comes close as possible to it. It will not stop me from buying 5 pairs but it does suck that they (if this is what they will look like) could not get something this simple correct.
They were forced to change it when they reduced the size of the back tab. Otherwise it wouldn’t fit.

Back
Top Bottom