Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

The shape of those IIIs is perfect? Those things are an absolute train wreck. I didn’t buy one pair of them, not even for posterity. JB has absolutely destroyed the III during the course of the past 20-plus years. It’s probably the thing I hate those clowns most for :rofl:
My standards and expectations are lower than yours so hear me out. The BC3 didnt deliver in a lot of ways compared to the 88 I agree. But my pair seems to satisfy me completely. Do I wear them? No. They are displayed with the Come Fly With Me Video VHS my dad bought for me while he was still around. It will always make me think of him. I dont see the high ep, or toe box. I see a real shoe in front of me that takes me back to a place. I truly love this release and the look overall. To me, its a 3 done good enough.

It's a toss up for me. The IIIs were my favorite release last year, however this year I'm starting to see glitter on the cheap black leather (easily brushed off though). The IVs I didn't like at first, but a slight toebox reshape and edging changed my mind. Yes, the areas under the wings and around the netting were a little difficult to do (I used a toothpick).

IMG_20190926_164623.jpg
IMG_20190926_164845.jpg
Yooooo. How did you use the toothpick, exactly? I did my edges with a pencil. I'm unclear on how a toothpick gets the gray onto those minuscule edges, unless you applied paint or just roughed up the edges? Please explain, seriously. I want to complete this job even more if possible.

:smh::smh::smh:
All of this.

Both releases were terrible tbh. The 3s were slightly worse due to that horrid EP cut at the toe.

The 4s give them a run for their money with that terrible toe box, crooked NA and lack of gray edges.

100. At least the IVs can be fixed, visually, for the most part. Still a **** retro, honestly.

I prefer the 3’s, but that’s just because I like the silhouette a little more than the 4’s. Both retros are flawed but for me the mistakes on the 3 are more forgivable.

Fair enough and to each their own. To me, the IIIs are worse by a galaxy. The details on IIIs, the shape, is what made them so effing sick in the first place. It's now so long gone it's pathetic. Like I said before, Nike/JB has bent those things over so much, it's not even close to the same shoe it was originally and to what made it desirable/attractive.

My standards and expectations are lower than yours so hear me out. The BC3 didnt deliver in a lot of ways compared to the 88 I agree. But my pair seems to satisfy me completely. Do I wear them? No. They are displayed with the Come Fly With Me Video VHS my dad bought for me while he was still around. It will always make me think of him. I dont see the high ep, or toe box. I see a real shoe in front of me that takes me back to a place. I truly love this release and the look overall. To me, its a 3 done good enough.

I feel you, brotha. But that is a seriously different context. And it's real, and it's awesome from that standpoint. But the re-issued shoe itself is **** when compared to the way it was originally. Beliiiiiiieeeeve me, I wish it wasn't.

PS: Not sure how I feel about this new NT site design LOL

i'm not a purist by any means (my first jordan was the aqua 8 retro in 2008) but the 4s i thought were done well and are my favorite jordans and i love the leather on the 3s so it's a tossup for me. they both get worn regularly.

Yooooo. How did you use the toothpick, exactly? I did my edges with a pencil. I'm unclear on how a toothpick gets the gray onto those minuscule edges, unless you applied paint or just roughed up the edges? Please explain, seriously. I want to complete this job even more if possible.

100. At least the IVs can be fixed, visually, for the most part. Still a **** retro, honestly.

Fair enough and to each their own. To me, the IIIs are worse by a galaxy. The details on IIIs, the shape, is what made them so effing sick in the first place. It's now so long gone it's pathetic. Like I said before, Nike/JB has bent those things over so much, it's not even close to the same shoe it was originally and to what made it desirable/attractive.

I feel you, brotha. But that is a seriously different context. And it's real, and it's awesome from that standpoint. But the re-issued shoe itself is **** when compared to the way it was originally. Beliiiiiiieeeeve me, I wish it wasn't.

PS: Not sure how I feel about this new NT site design LOL
Your right. Maybe I should not have gone that deep there. lol. Anyway, I know the 3 and 4 are lacking the true shape many of us would like to have but from just a shoe standpoint only, seem to be ok by me. Nike Air on an original color release always has me by the balls if I have always wanted it. BC3 and BC4s are shoes I always wanted as a kid. Im weak. lol.

Your right. Maybe I should not have gone that deep there. lol. Anyway, I know the 3 and 4 are lacking the true shape many of us would like to have but from just a shoe standpoint only, seem to be ok by me. Nike Air on an original color release always has me by the balls if I have always wanted it. BC3 and BC4s are shoes I always wanted as a kid. Im weak. lol.
Nah man, you’re good and I get it. At the end of the day, just having the classics back is the main thing. I just have a thing about IIIs in particular. It’s possibly my favorite shoe of all time or damn close. I’ve bought past retros. But they just didn’t give me the feeling I wanted, due to the nonsensical changes. So I swore I wouldn’t buy another pair till Nike finally does them right, or right enough. These BC IVs aren’t nearly as egregious to me. Especially after I fixed the toes and did the lines, I can just stare at them now and get the right happy feeling. The modern IIIs, they just look like imposters to my eyes anymore.

4s are my GOAT silhouette...has been since '89! Also, I never liked 3s until a few years ago. Always thought they were lame and boring compared to the 4s...heh. HOWEVER, all that said, between these two releases, I like the look and comfort of the BC3 better overall. I do wear both regularly, but think the 3s beat out the 4s for these particular releases.

I don’t mind the high ep cut on the 3’s. Not sure why considering the pl height on 11’s is super important to me. I think it’s cause the 11 only looks good with high pl, whereas the 3 looks good to me either way.

Back
Top Bottom