Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

4ED26A3C-16EF-45AC-9DD9-983606A419F8.jpeg

My actual reaction, whenever I see Nike/JB release a low top 4...

With a horrendous shape, and Wolverine steel toe boot toe boxes.

SERIOUSLY.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The wings are the plastic/rubber things on the side. They somehow got the wings fine on the WC4 but not on a lot of other recent releases...
WC4 vs Motorsport Alt
IMG_3737.JPG IMG_3739.JPG

The problem with the motosport is that the holes are mis-aligned. I simply put the laces thru a diff hole that's not the normal position, and the wings are almost fully flat now. ex. I put it thru the middle top row of the tab, but thru the top most hole in the show to give it a better angle of pull. Make sense?

The problem with the motosport is that the holes are mis-aligned. I simply put the laces thru a diff hole that's not the normal position, and the wings are almost fully flat now. ex. I put it thru the middle top row of the tab, but thru the top most hole in the show to give it a better angle of pull. Make sense?
That's how I've already done it... it's moreso the wings coming with that weird shape/kink in the first place

The wings on all releases after the 99 are a softer rubber material, which causes them to bend and flop around more. 99s had rigid plastic wings that would straighten out flat to 180 degrees if left unlaced.

IIRC, Nike had issues with reportd of people cutting themselves on the hard plastic heel tabs so they went to leather for a few years before switching to softer rubber later on. I can't speak for the material OGs in 89, as I never owned a pair but I assume it was plastic as well. Probably not an issue in 89 because people all wore longer socks, but low cuts and no shows became more popular by 99.

And before anyone says it, no I do not have this confused with the Trunner/XT Swift fiasco. This was nowhere near as bad as the metal heel clips slicing people, but a reported issue nonetheless.

My older cousin that lived with my grandparents had the og's

there was a spot where we took are shoes off at and i would go there and look at them lol

We're all buying, so e multiple pairs, like myself. Don't front. We can wish and hope but we will take what we're given

Man these are coming out with NIKE AIR. It's been 20 years!

Best Believe I'm copping AT LEAST 3 pairs. I've waited too damn long for these to complain about the mudguard or netting.

I copped 4 pairs each of the Infrared 6s and Cements 3s, these get the same treatment.

My first memory was seeing the knock off jordans at Kinney Shoe stores all over Chicago. I believe they were called “Stadias”

I recall that cheaper alternative brand although it's from a bygone era. Ironically Kinney Shoes used to be under the Woolworth ownership regime which also had Foot Locker and a multitude of other companies before Foot Locker established themselves as their own company circa late '90s or early 2000s.

My first pair was the new white cements and I'm 36

Thanks for your honesty. The primary reason I'm motivated to get these black/cement IV is solely predicated on the fact I recently got the 1989 NBA All-Star Jordan jersey since the shoes and jersey were worn together in that game. Otherwise I honestly wouldn't have contemplated getting these if I didn't have that jersey. I feel I have my own style with the jersey and shoes because most people don't wear jerseys nowadays but most would get these shoes because they're classics and wear them with typical street clothes which is still cool regardless.

DFA62E69-2195-42D4-A16A-A086C03DEDD5.png

Lacejob looks correct for these to be the real deal (longshot but its laced correctly, UA’s are always laced wrong)

Back
Top Bottom