Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Every nickname for a shoe is terrible. And now they are making sneakers with a specific nickname in mind. Like the new Lebron lows that are coming out that are supposed to be named after the OutKast album Speakerboxx/Love Below. I couldn’t think of two things more far from each other.

F128D2B8-E255-44DC-8CD1-5347645FCBA9.jpeg
NFSW
Not for stocking; worn

Not For Safe Wear

In 89, there wasnt any nicknames, they were just "The Black Jordan"! Like all the rest. This color way, and that one came out. The Black one was always the one! I'm 44, and this has always been the one. The Nike Air in cement looks so good! Even though my first pair was the Fire Red, and the Red Nike Air looks so fantastic against that black, This one looks good enough for me. While ya'll complain about height and toe caps, netting in the right direction, in the end all be all, you'll be just like me! Getting them MoFo's!

@Magic33 seems like a miserable dude. :lol:

Nah he’s a good person. Just seems like that shooting was on his mind, you can tell he has a big heart. But he definitely went a little overboard.
I feel extremely bad for those people that lost their lives and the family’s but people can’t stop living and enjoying their life because some crazy low life killed people.
This is the Jordan Brand forum made for discussion about Jordan shoes, a place to complain if you feel the need.
I like to come here to escape the stress of real life. Gives me a little getaway from the real world to just talk about Air Jordan’s.
So please let’s keep it that way.

In 89, there wasnt any nicknames, they were just "The Black Jordan"! Like all the rest. This color way, and that one came out. The Black one was always the one! I'm 44, and this has always been the one. The Nike Air in cement looks so good! Even though my first pair was the Fire Red, and the Red Nike Air looks so fantastic against that black, This one looks good enough for me. While ya'll complain about height and toe caps, netting in the right direction, in the end all be all, you'll be just like me! Getting them MoFo's!

I could’ve written that same post Word for Word. My mom would only buy me an Air Jordan for a back to school shoe. That meant low top twos in the eighth grade. Fire red threes in the ninth grade. Fire red fours in the 10th grade. Black metallic fives were the first pair I bought for myself and got them the day they came out.

Nah he’s a good person. Just seems like that shooting was on his mind, you can tell he has a big heart. But he definitely went a little overboard.
I feel extremely bad for those people that lost their lives and the family’s but people can’t stop living and enjoying their life because some crazy low life killed people.
This is the Jordan Brand forum made for discussion about Jordan shoes, a place to complain if you feel the need.
I like to come here to escape the stress of real life. Gives me a little getaway from the real world to just talk about Air Jordan’s.
So please let’s keep it that way.

Nah dude always seems bitter, not just referring to his post in this thread.

In 89, there wasnt any nicknames, they were just "The Black Jordan"! Like all the rest. !

Yeah, but in 2019 Jordan/Nike releases SO many retros/colorways nicknames have become necessary to easily identify pairs. PLEASE NOTE, I HATE NICKNAMES FOR SNEAKERS, but it's just a reality of what the market/culture has become.

Condolences to the 51 lives tragically lost in New Zealand, however that energy and topic is best reserved in the appropriate thread.

What kind of correlation does that have to the release of a 30th anniversary Air Jordan 4 that needed much improvement?

If people complained about the 1999 Jordan 4 black cements, saying they aren't close to the originals, what would that have to do with the tragic terrorism that happened in the 1999 Columbine high school shooting?

R.I.P. to Columbine and NZ.
If you want positivity, well I'm hoping most 2019 Jordan 4 black cement pairs will be alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in total agreement with Nike owing us nothing. But I think your quotes a little harsh here. Several people in here are more than aware of current events around the country and world for that matter. Also I believe there are several here that have lives and families that they take more than care of. And we all know there are General threads to even talk about such things. Myself, I get on here to get away from all that for a while. It dont take away from anyones responsibilities for having a gripe with a shoe though. Thats what these threads are for. As much as it does get annoying after a while, its an opportunity to discuss these "petty" things about a specific shoe where as no where else you could.
I get your idea of perspective for sure. If a detail of a shoe consumes you that much, and thats the most you have to worry about, life is pretty good. For ex, my older sister fought and beat breast cancer all of last year. She was on my mind daily. Id get on here to relieve the stress of that, bs at work, a teenage daughter who thinks she knows everything. You get what Im saying.
I know some one that gets on here who has had some serious health issues that use these forums just to get their mind off of it.

Hey J, as someone who has had a crap-ton of serious health issues in the past (I'm 42 now, but started at 16 with Ulcerative Colitis, then J-Pouch surgery, then a liver transplant, 2 bowel obstruction emergency surgeries and now infusion treatment for Crohn's), this site helps me forget about the daily grind and the misery when I feel sick and horrible. Don't think you meant me with your comments, as I'm sure others on here are sick with serious health issues. But this site helps everyone who's passionate about this hobby forget about the daily struggles, albeit health or some horrible event somewhere around the world.

Here is my perspective. I grew up with a single mother that worked her *** off for us to barely have anything at all. My father passed at 42. And he was the reason I got into the bulls and Micheal Jordan in the first place. I always wanted Jordan shoes but financially it was not in the cards at all. K mart shoes were what I had till I was 12 when I got my very first pair of Nike 3 quarter magnums from Kohls. And that only because mom remarried and my stepdad made good money. I have way too many pairs of shoes now. Its kinda rediculous really. But I love it because it makes me think of my dad and keeps me grounded because I also think of those times I had no chance of having any of these types of shoes at all. I will never forget the struggles my mother went through when we were kids. And I still try to show her that appreciation still today.
Everyone in here has had obstacles to overcome. Death, sickness, financial issues, separations etc. And to see and know just a few peoples stories and have the ability to read AND share is a great thing. We are all different, but with one common like, SHOES.
05fordgt 05fordgt Much respect to you for your ability to overcome yours.

Last edited:
Yall some lovable squares.

No backstory I rock j's cuz Im one of the baddest mother ******* of all time , one of the best singers and one of the best looking mother ******* you've ever seen.

Here is my perspective. I grew up with a single mother that worked her *** off for us to barely have anything at all. My father passed at 42. And he was the reason I got into the bulls and Micheal Jordan in the first place. I always wanted Jordan shoes but financially it was not in the cards at all. K mart shoes were what I had till I was 12 when I got my very first pair of Nike 3 quarter magnums from Kohls. And that only because mom remarried and my stepdad made good money. I have way too many pairs of shoes now. Its kinda rediculous really. But I love it because it makes me think of my dad and keeps me grounded because I also think of those times I had no chance of having any of these types of shoes at all. I will never forget the struggles my mother went through when we were kids. And I still try to show here that appreciation still today.
Everyone in here has had obstacles to overcome. Death, sickness, financial issues, separations etc. And to see and know just a few peoples stories and have the ability to read AND share is a great thing. We are all different, but with one common like, SHOES.
05fordgt 05fordgt Much respect to you for your ability to overcome yours.

JRepp23 JRepp23 Thanks buddy. It was tough when I was a teenager as I never had the time to enjoy being a teen/young adult as I was always sick (this disease is NOT pretty). Once I had the transplant, I kinda knew I was meant to share my story as it can help others in the same predicament.

Now at 42, it's harder to deal with Crohn's as my body isn't young like it was and takes longer to heal. But you just have to play with the cards dealt, and persevere. I worked every day while I was on the waiting list for a new liver, even though I was SERIOUS sick and jaundice. But that perseverance helps me to this day.

You have my respect my friend with your struggles when you were young. I couldn't even imagine losing one of my parents at a young age. That would tear me alart. My dad is 81 and still working on cars every day (albeit on his own schedule and these are antique and classics). He has more energy than I do, lol. Your a very strong person!!

Back
Top Bottom