Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

upload_2019-3-24_22-2-39.jpeg

99's were so good. Back in like 03 those and both Cement III's were like grails on NT. If you saw them in the B/S forum they were like 400+ (as well as all the NA 00 V's). And the B/S forum was like the stock exchange lol.

The b/s here was quite active still in 06. That's how I joined NT.

I had the sky jordans from mervyns so I can’t really say anything about the shape. Too young to remember.

One thing that I noticed is that this pair does not have the stitching from the bottom of the wings connected to the heel tab stitching. I bought a pair from this same seller and mine has the connected stitching. That might be an indication that what we've seen so far in terms of pictures from everywhere was some sort of fake version of a 99 with the newer alignment of the Nike Air heeltab. I'm assuming the final version is going to look the most like the pair on the right side of the first picture.
fakes.png MeIJLwB.jpg posEF3D.jpg PQrLJep.jpg XZsLJvH.jpg

The b/s here was quite active still in 06. That's how I joined NT.

Yeah.. it died somewhere around like 2012. But even in 06 it was nothing like 03 if I remember correctly. There were no rules and everyone was constantly bumping their listing to stay at the top of page 1.

anyone who thinks that retoros are even close to an og is trippin! there not even kinda close guys. if you have said this before you have not owned ogs like some of us have. the materials and craftsmanship was not even close to nowadays. back in 89 it took a lot for a 100 $ price tag .. air jordans were always ahead of their time in technology, the materials were always better than any others and the fact of the matter is those ogs made you jump higher lol can retros do the same?

Yeah.. it died somewhere around like 2012. But even in 06 it was nothing like 03 if I remember correctly. There were no rules and everyone was constantly bumping their listing to stay at the top of page 1.

Niketalk B/S forums was good, but to be honest ISS had the best B/S forums, I was on 24:7 there trying to get deals, heck I even remember a few of them (liongoesroar, and some other kid that used to buy off eBay and sell on ISS). That’s how I got my two pairs of 99 black/cements, 1985 Chicago ones, and many more. One thing I miss is my feedback, I had about 180+ :frown:

Then once ISS changed their B/S forums to individual listing, that was the beginning of the end for them

Niketalk B/S forums was good the , but to be honest ISS had the best B/S forums, I was on 24:7 there trying to get deals.

Then once ISS changed their B/S forums to individual listing, that was the beginning of the end for them

I made an account on there just to use their B/S forum which had a bunch of restrictions.. think they had some wait process to be approved too and I got so impatient with it that I never got to use it.

I made an account on there just to use their B/S forum which had a bunch of restrictions.. think they had some wait process to be approved too and I got so impatient with it that I never got to use it.

Was this after they made the changes to their individual listing?

I never got scammed from ISS, but I definitely got scammed on the B/S Niketalk forums. I still remember for some futura prods, that’s when I decided to leave Niketalk

jordan4eva23 jordan4eva23 I honestly don't know since I never got a chance to use it. I do know you had to be a member to even view their B/S forum though. Sucks you got scammed.. I actually had Futura Prods too.. not sure where I got them from though.. mightve been ebay.

jordan4eva23 jordan4eva23 I honestly don't know since I never got a chance to use it. I do know you had to be a member to even view their B/S forum though. Sucks you got scammed.. I actually had Futura Prods too.. not sure where I got them from though.. mightve been ebay.

Those were the glory days though.

Do you remember NSB, femalesneakerfiend and all those other forums sites?

As a 15 year old kid with the OGs, I really never noticed any of the things that we now look for and complain about. I wanted to be the first one in my class with the new ones each year... I wanted to play in them... and most of all I just wanted to be Like Mike.
There was nothing to compare to OG like retros thats why

jordan4eva23 jordan4eva23 my memory doesnt recall but there were soooo many sites to go to back then lol. I used to know like 30 of them off the top of my head back then. Doubt if I know some of the ones you mentioned though because the only forums I visited were here and once in a blue I'd go to ISS just out of curiosity. If other sites had forums, I visited but didnt use their forum part of the site.. kinda like going to ISS to shop.

The appeal of the 99’s comes from the cuts of the stitching being so defined giving the shoe a “muscular” look and the shape looking real aerodynamic on the foot. All the retro’s since have been so box like and long on foot. All they have to do is raise the back and lower the toe honestly. I’m more concerned with the materials however. If they get the material right to make the stitched cuts defined, the shoe can easily be reshaped with some shoe trees and the wet towel method.

Word. I agree 1000% lamekilla lamekilla . That is NOT my vid, but just look at how GREAT the '99's look, on feet.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Soooo smooth, and soooo sleek. You can't even rock 4's after 2000 like that. It just looks bad because they're too ***damn low. It ends up lookin' bad, and weird. If y'all can't tell what I mean, I'll gladly find pictures to show you.

Word. I agree 1000% lamekilla lamekilla . That is NOT my vid, but just look at how GREAT the '99's look, on feet.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Soooo smooth, and soooo sleek. You can't even rock 4's after 2000 like that. It just looks bad because they're too ***damn low. It ends up lookin' bad, and weird. If y'all can't tell what I mean, I'll gladly find pictures to show you.

Another problem though is that none of the 4s since '99 have used plastic on the wings/tab. The rubber wings they use dont hang the same.

Back
Top Bottom