Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I'm not gonna lie.......im kicking myself for selling my pair.....but I got offered $325 for them....... I just hope I can grab another pair on 5/4

Who would be dumb enough to pay $325 for them?! That's no where even close to the going rate or on StockX, and.....they're a GR that's coming out in 2 weeks its not like the person wouldn't have a shot at them for retail lol. But then again, why am I not surprised. Can't expect everyone to know what's going on with the sneaker market. Btw, don't kick yourself about it....who wouldn't take 325 for it you'll probably end up grabbing a bunch again on release day anyway.

This still blows my mind, blatant disrespect on JB. $200 and you can’t even try....not even a little bit. And for people saying that this is nitpicking...you must be new.

6B336F47-E01D-4CEA-A412-1D5F8E300ED7.jpeg

Who would be dumb enough to pay $325 for them?! That's no where even close to the going rate or on StockX, and.....they're a GR that's coming out in 2 weeks its not like the person wouldn't have a shot at them for retail lol. But then again, why am I not surprised. Can't expect everyone to know what's going on with the sneaker market. Btw, don't kick yourself about it....who wouldn't take 325 for it you'll probably end up grabbing a bunch again on release day anyway.

Must be someone that doesnt know or care about resell sites. They are going for like $250 on StockX and GOAT

This still blows my mind, blatant disrespect on JB. $200 and you can’t even try....not even a little bit. And for people saying that this is nitpicking...you must be new.

They claim that it is intentional.....but damn, I just cant UNSEE it!

Only 2 weeks to go, been a long wait. Got rid of last ones couple years ago b4 the cracking got too bad. And they drop a couple days after my bday, personal gift. :tongue:

That NA is crazy.. those WC had the same issue looking back. But they didn’t seem as prominent, or maybe it was just overlooked due to the excitement of gettin a NA4. Either way, ready to get these back into rotation. May need a couple, even though it’s rare I buy doubles anymore.

Copped my tts and half size down. Tried both on today, I have flat wide feet and I think I’ll stick to my tts.

Overall I’m very satisfied, had passed and missed previous retros. If I’m being overly nitpicky, wish the paint around the midsole could've been less sloppy on my pairs.
Noticed on one pair the size tags are new with a qr. Couldn’t fit my big phone to scan it. :lol:
118DE5EE-93E6-4BB1-B292-3EC5BF7B64F5.jpeg

I don't get the point of this QR code? It just encapsulates data. Nothing really stopping China from copying the code? Anyone got some insight?

Im not out here saying my way is better or makes sense just Im not interested in using apps.
I actually understand what you’re saying. I prefer using my web browser vs app because I feel the desktop version tends to have more features. But I use the apps because sometimes there isn’t a choice. SNKRS is a must have for some of these releases, so I use it and enjoy it in its own way.

I'm not gonna lie.......im kicking myself for selling my pair.....but I got offered $325 for them....... I just hope I can grab another pair on 5/4
For $325, I would’ve sold mine, too. You’ll re-up and still be ahead. Guaranteed.

I’m still convinced the problem stems from the slimmer heel tab yet they’re using the same-size Nike and swoosh as used before. On the ‘99, you can see the outside edge of the N in Nike is actually further away from the left edge of the heel tab than the edge of the E is from the right side. But there’s literally no room to shift it to the right on this new pair. They could have shifted the AIR left to be centered to the NIKE font, but then IT would look wrong in a new way for being closer to the left edge of the tab than the right. If they had just used wider OG-style tabs, none of it would be a problem.

I don't get the point of this QR code? It just encapsulates data. Nothing really stopping China from copying the code? Anyone got some insight?
I scanned it and it just took me to NDC. So I don’t get it, either.

Once I took my focus off this issue It pretty much went away for me. At least both shoes match each other. Could have been a lot worse if they didn’t.

Amazing job I just wish you took more pics I could look at that all day. I've never ironed out a pair before any tips or warnings?

Make sure you use a wet T-shirt and place it over the toebox iron upwards to achieve the look. Also make sure the shoe is stuffed with socks as much as possible.

I know most wont go through the trouble to do what i did to these, but the boxier toebox and all black look made these look too similar to the 2012s to me. Growing up in Chicago and watching MJ play in his prime made me want the exact shoes he wore on the court while dominating the rest of the league. But at the same time I’m not going to buy the same shoe over and over with just slight modifications made.

Lol guess he wanted rock em 4 Easter

This is quite possibly the most ignorant perspective I’ve seen on NT that doesn’t involve racial/ethnic stereotypes
Nothing wrong with avoiding the app. SNKRS can be a black hole. I’m constantly tempted to give up my iPhone and iPad and force myself to use a computer to go online.

17 pairs minimum...

... but if the stars on the outsole don't match up perfectly to the '99 retro (not the OG, as they those holy relics can only be found in temples), then I'm sending back to Nike with a stern letter of warning.

Once I took my focus off this issue It pretty much went away for me. At least both shoes match each other. Could have been a lot worse if they didn’t.
Not sure how any justification can be made. I too will be grabbing a pair for pure nostalgia, but ignoring issues like this just give JB the right to continue this trend of butchering their own shoes.

Back
Top Bottom