Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I read what dude wrote, 3 times to let it sink in, as requested.

Yet I still feel the same way.

How many times are you goin to tell us the shape is wrong? The Nike Air isn’t centered? I would understand if it was somewhat spread throughout....but it’s the same 3-4 cats, saying the same thing over and over.

WE GET IT.

To act like this is normal critiquing is even more laughable.

It’s a million threads on NT. Why waste time in a thread for a shoe that forces you to bash it every chance you get?

WE GET IT.

Ok just received my pair from GOAT. First thing i looked at was the tag on inside of shoe. Pair i got from SNKRS tag has a QR code, GOAT pair, no QR code, Fake right?

How many times are you goin to tell us the shape is wrong? The Nike Air isn’t centered? I would understand if it was somewhat spread throughout....but it’s the same 3-4 cats, saying the same thing over and over.

WE GET IT.

It’s a million threads on NT. Why waste time in a thread for a shoe that forces you to bash it every chance you get?

WE GET IT.
Everyone enjoys and absorbs the content on NT differently. Personally, I find the debates and critiques and back and forth the most interesting. If these threads were filled with nothing but page after page of "fire!" and "copped!" and "greatest shoe ever!", I would find that as boring as you find the complaints.

Seriously, though: If you guys who it bothers so much would just put the offenders you refer to on ignore, everyone would probably be a lot happier. It takes less time to do that than it does to type posts complaining about the complaining.

If it also has a well centered, perfectly placed NA on the back, you'll definitely know it's fake ;-).

Ok just received my pair from GOAT. First thing i looked at was the tag on inside of shoe. Pair i got from SNKRS tag has a QR code, GOAT pair, no QR code, Fake right?
Nope legit

these, Travis 1& I’m sure some other cw’s with similar prodo dates we don’t care about will have either or since they are in the middle of transitioning to the qr code tag

Nope legit

these, Travis 1& I’m sure some other cw’s with similar prodo dates we don’t care about will have either or since they are in the middle of transitioning to the qr code tag
I'm still interested in what, exactly, that QR tag is ultimately going to do. I scanned one from a pair of my navy 11 lows, and all it did was take me to NDC. At some point I assume these tags will do more than that. But what, I have no idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 35
Unless each code is unique (not the case), they would need to link to a URL that allows you to input the serial number of the shoe, which would itself have to be unique for any kind of validation to take place. Even then, fakes could copy any of those, so I don't see how this addresses authentication in any way. There would need to be some secondary unique identifier that only the buyer knows that can be cross-referenced on the backend. I just don't see this happening without some additional dimension of validation. How do they authenticate car VINs?

WE GET IT.

WE GET IT.
Some of us here would rather read posts about what youre complaining about than read "count me in for 3 pairs" over and over again. WE GET IT

Youve literally posted this exact post like 5 times in 2 pages. WE GET IT

But at the end of the day, here we are, and Ill complain if I want to about things that they shouldve known we were going to complain about if they didnt fix it. If you dont rub their nose in it theyll keep ****ting the rug. Saying that you like these and the bc3 over and over again actually hurts those of us who want improvements to be made. Youre actively working against the better interests of the heads who want to wear the shoes we grew up with again at some point in the future. Our complaints on the other hand are completely benign to your existence and your happiness in the product since youre easily pleased. We are not. Deal and move past it.

Yes there are other threads going, but the people youre directing this at could care less about most of those retro+ trash releases. OGs are OGs and theres only so many. We come with the territory.

Last edited:
These have grown on me due to having no 4s, let alone OG colorway 4s, and also they're just nice overall. The shot over Craig Ehlo also makes them a must so I'll get a pair later and when I do I'm ironing the toebox immediately.

You don’t like Craig Ehlo?

Some of us here would rather read posts about what youre complaining about than read "count me in for 3 pairs" over and over again. WE GET IT

Youve literally posted this exact post like 5 times in 2 pages. WE GET IT

But at the end of the day, here we are, and Ill complain if I want to about things that they shouldve known we were going to complain about if they didnt fix it. If you dont rub their nose in it theyll keep ****ting the rug. Saying that you like these and the bc3 over and over again actually hurts those of us who want improvements to be made. Youre actively working against the better interests of the heads who want to wear the shoes we grew up with again at some point in the future. Our complaints on the other hand are completely benign to your existence and your happiness in the product since youre easily pleased. We are not. Deal and move past it.

Yes there are other threads going, but the people youre directing this at could care less about most of those retro+ trash releases. OGs are OGs and theres only so many. We come with the territory.
Saying you like the shoe as is, in your quote sounds like its the wrong thing to do. I have zero problem with the critiques you all give. I actually have learned a lot from them. Do I think they (complaints) have made impacts over the years? For sure. I def could give a lists of things I would like to see changed but you all have covered it. I myself have had to refrain from saying the same things you already have. But at the end of the day, the pair I dont buy, someone will. Then a few years from now I am possibly paying stupid resell price for something I could have easily gotten for retail. I like the shoes enough to want to buy a pair, even with all my own gripes. And as far as I know, the ones that are most displeased in here about these 4s, are still getting a pair anyway. So if JB and Nike has people following our posts, and still seeing we all bought them. What does that tell them?

Legit pair from SNKRs And pair from GOAT
Not trying to get in your business but interested in why you bought resell from GOAT when you already had a pair for retail from Nike and most likely be able to buy another for retail on release date? Do you know something I don’t know?

Not trying to get in your business but interested in why you bought resell from GOAT when you already had a pair for retail from Nike and most likely be able to buy another for retail on release date? Do you know something I don’t know?
I had a $250 credit I was waiting to use. Plus I am getting 6 pair of these (my Favorite all time Shoe). I have 2 pre-orders, a pair from Shock drop, a pair from Stockx that sold when the shock drop happened and I could not remove it in time, and the pair from Goat. Plus plan on picking a pair up on release day. 6 total

Saying you like the shoe as is, in your quote sounds like its the wrong thing to do. I have zero problem with the critiques you all give. I actually have learned a lot from them. Do I think they (complaints) have made impacts over the years? For sure. I def could give a lists of things I would like to see changed but you all have covered it. I myself have had to refrain from saying the same things you already have. But at the end of the day, the pair I dont buy, someone will. Then a few years from now I am possibly paying stupid resell price for something I could have easily gotten for retail. I like the shoes enough to want to buy a pair, even with all my own gripes. And as far as I know, the ones that are most displeased in here about these 4s, are still getting a pair anyway. So if JB and Nike has people following our posts, and still seeing we all bought them. What does that tell them?
not at all, i just dont pay any mind to them and certainly dont care enough to complain about people who post "3 pairs for me" as that would be kind of silly...

complaining about gripes other people have about the shoes is silly too. If not a bit suspect

"So if JB and Nike has people following our posts, and still seeing we all bought them. What does that tell them?"

It tells them that we're loyal to the product despite the incompetency on their behalf. If we bought them and didnt voice our displeasure I imagine that would tell them something a little different. They dont deserve our money AND praise. And they need to know that the money part is on thin ice too.

I personally wish this thread was about Fire Reds or Militarys so that the outcry might have a positive effect on the BC4 release afterward. Sadly, they released my coveted black version before those and those two lesser pairs have potential to be awesome, just like the wc3 when they release again soon. Thanks to this thread right here and the bc3 thread before it. HoopFr3sh on instagram was most definitely inspired by that thread to take things into his own hands. Best believe Jordan Brand then took notice too.

Last edited:
Unless each code is unique (not the case), they would need to link to a URL that allows you to input the serial number of the shoe, which would itself have to be unique for any kind of validation to take place. Even then, fakes could copy any of those, so I don't see how this addresses authentication in any way. There would need to be some secondary unique identifier that only the buyer knows that can be cross-referenced on the backend. I just don't see this happening without some additional dimension of validation. How do they authenticate car VINs?

I recently read an article about Nike wanting to implement RFID into the tags to help with authentication. There are different types of tags and readers, to know how many times it has been read and ways to thwart fakes from replicating the data.

Back
Top Bottom