Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Sooooo true. why wear out a shoe before its even put on. Im down for the pencil method, but that almost seems wrong too. I almost feel like we should keep these the way they were released. im all types of confused on what to do with my pair
I honestly think they're super clean as is and I was planning on keeping it that way even though I like the look of both. I did end up with a 2nd pair so I'm going to give it a shot with one of them after seeing the results posted here. I say if you think you should keep them as is do it up man. I feel there's no wrong answer with this one. It's all personal preference.

I hear you. My issue with the 2019's is the terrible shape particularly in the toe box. Look at the toe box on my 99's up there, then look at these 2019's. Night and day. :smh: Two completely different shoes. I grew up staring at my "High Flying Death-defying 360 Slam Dunk" Nike poster that had the 1989's on it. Seeing these 2019's is seeing a totally different shoe. With all this said, the toe box is the only thing I'm considering altering. I'm very close to subtly ironing the toes. Still scared though. :lol:

I think that's the point. They are two completely different shoes, different release times, technology, materials. Its like were trying to make them something they're not, these are 2019 releases, not '99's. Im still dealing with this same dilemma myself.

ive also had a few adult beverages and im looking way too into this.

So I was gonna unDS my shoes today but some reason the laces I got are uneven... I mean wtf Nike...

F068A0E7-9129-4EF3-A965-69E37E38C948.jpeg
Same on my 2012s

Far better tech would make me think they could easily fix the shape. Why do you guys think they don’t fix the shape? It seems like a very very easy fix. Or does the lead designer at JB not care??

We need to take pictures of perfect toe boxes (Jordan 1-13) and get everyone to send a mass email to Jordan brand.

Yea, I’m talking crazy, I need sleep.

Last edited:
i need a before and after to see what you guys are talking about

Before: I didnt have much of a cliff toe but I wanted a flatter nose on the shoe.

20190512_233048.jpg

The right pair now post iron right now I'm letting them dry and theres a weight on it to keep it compressed and further flatten the nose.
20190512_231101.jpg

Attachments

• 20190512_233048.jpg
    20190512_233048.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 19
I agree 100%. I will say this, if your pair doesn’t have a perfectly constructed toebox the chances of wrinkles or creases in the after ironing are higher. Other than that you’re good to go. just make sure the shoe is stuffed properly. You kinda have to shape it by hand first. One of mine looked off in the toe box so it wrinkled up a little but I honestly couldn’t care less. I’m super happy with the shape now. The cupped heel is like the only thing making the overall look incomplete at a glance.

F025E880-0D71-4918-ADF8-13E5C778FF9B.jpeg

Before: I didnt have much of a cliff toe but I wanted a flatter nose on the shoe.

20190512_233048.jpg

The right pair now post iron right now I'm letting them dry and theres a weight on it to keep it compressed and further flatten the nose.
20190512_231101.jpg
Where on the toe did you guys first apply the iron to? The middle of the toe? One side or another?
And when you say you used a lot of water on them, you're actually soaking the shoe itself rather than just putting a wet t shirt or whatever over the toe to protect it from the iron?

Finally put these on and damn.
These are the worst cushioned 4's I've had since the Green Glows. Even those Anniversary Laser 4s felt better. Still love em tho...

These are the first 4s I've owned since the Mars Fire Reds back in the mid 00s.

But I didn't think these were particularly comfortable either. Hoping they break in. I've got a pair of Dub Zero beaters that have same midsole and they are comfortable.

This is it. You nailed it.

Exactly what I want. Subtle slope, and no bullet/pointy toe. Well done sir. Well done. :nthat:

Thanks bro, after your feedback and seeing others pairs I realized I could do more i flattened them a lil more but I'm definitely happy with the final go. No more adjustments for a minute now.

I’m STILL convinced 100% that players at the highest level get specially made pairs and cuts and materials that the rest of us don’t get in a retail pair. I’m convinced every pair Mike had were made specially (meaning, they were made in different factories and not on the same production dates and the like) the same as every other endorsed player or player with a signature shoe. I mean, of course you’ll get a Zion situation every once in a while, but that happens FAR more often in pickup games, high school and smaller time College ball.
they do get special make ups, but different materials? nah.
Maybe an extra zoom air in the heel, maybe extra padding.
But should be the same for the most part. If you've seen PEs
you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom