Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Reminds me if the TS 1s... Kept getting errors. Wasn't until 30 minutes to an hour later you was able to cop...

So. To one of the knowledgeable old heads. How was it with the OG 4s? Winter (Feb) ‘89 for the White Cements. Spring (April) ‘89 for the Black Cements. Summer ‘89 (June/July) for the Military Blue, and Fall (October/November ‘89) ‘89 for the Fire Red? Like one pair per season? I always wondered if that’s how they released the 3-5’s.

I don't think it played out that way. When I went to get the BC, my size was sold out so I got the WC; I believe these two came out at the same time. Not sure about the others, but I though FR also came out with these as a trio, but perhaps someone else knows.

I believe both cements dropped initially, followed by the military in like June and the Fire red around September. Something like that.

Stopped by my storage unit.

309302CC-F5B0-41EE-8C3D-E2AA3E34D6E5.jpeg

Easy pick up? They sold out in L.A. the day they dropped in 99.
Not where I was. I got them the day they dropped but on the Black/Cements they were still there full size runs the next 2 days at least. I don’t know about the White/ Cements, but I walked in the afternoon after picking a new jacket for graduation and easily picked them up in my size. It was still the 14s selling out at that point. I remember having to get to the mall the morning it opened to get the black and Red’s (the “last shot”)

I remember the 99’ bc’s selling out in mins in most places in LA. I got to the mall and they were sold out but moms came through later when she got lucky on a last pair at a local place.

I remember the 99’ bc’s selling out in mins in most places in LA. I got to the mall and they were sold out but moms came through later when she got lucky on a last pair at a local place.
It might have been a regional thing. I was in Northeast Ohio in a city of a couple hundred thousand but we had 3 malls with 3-4 shoe stores each. Plus another 4 shoe stores not in malls across the city. Oh Jordans would sell very well. But it was the current models still at that point. The big sales for retros didn’t begin until Fall of 2000 when the white/concord 11’s came out. Then again, I was still buying mostly off of Eastbay to avoid having to get up, go to the mall, and deal with release day hustles.

When you’ve been in the game and serious as some of the collectors as long as some of the people have, it has to start going somewhere. A lot of people here have been at it since the early 90’s. Some people have even been doing it since the 80’s.
If they can't fit in the garage basement or attic I usually store them on Ebay, FlightClub or GOAT :lol: imagine paying rent for your shoes :rofl:

If they can't fit in the garage basement or attic I usually store them on Ebay, FlightClub or GOAT :lol: imagine paying rent for your shoes :rofl:
Well that’s you then isn’t it? It’s all good. I wouldn’t knock their hustle for being different than yours. Some people want to keep their collections they’ve worked years at accumulating.

Back
Top Bottom