Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

5504A30B-3898-4856-9C49-AE30E693C743.jpeg
97DAF092-074D-4539-8262-F7E29889519D.jpeg

You, sir. Are a wizard. Yours came out spectacular. I was inspired by your success so decided to give mine a little iron attention. Ended up with a little snag in the front of the toebox, but nothing really noticeable unless you are looking for it. Other than that, it helped reshape the shoe to a much more attractive silhouette.

Important note for anyone trying the iron method - make sure you let them dry completely before wearing them. You can really jack them up if you don’t.
Eff it. I'm doing mine.
Any pointers?

Eff it. I'm doing mine.
Any pointers?

Stuff the toes with three or four ankle socks, get them stuffed as much as you can.
Put a shoe tree in the shoe and push it as far forward as you can, to keep the socks tight in the toe box
Spray the toes with water from a bottle. They don't have to be so wet that they drip on your floor or table, but they should be wet.
Get a white t shirt wet (I used distilled water for all of this just to make sure nothing left any marks).
Lay the wet part of the shirt over the entire toe box and rubber toe bumper of the sole.
Put your iron on cotton setting with steam turned up. I even blasted the toes (through the t shirt) with the steam before I put the iron right on them. Smoothly roll the iron from the bottom of the toe up and over the top to achieve the desired slant. I went over mine around the toe--middle of the toe, left side, right side-- like three times, then would pull the shirt away and check them. I also had a can of compressed air on-hand to cool them off quickly. I probably did this step like three times to each shoe: iron, remove shirt and check, iron, remove shirt and check, iron, remove shirt and done.
That's it. Just be deliberate in your actions and don't push too hard on the toes, that way you'll avoid making creases appear.

I'm intrigued by this iron method yall speak of. does it effect the fit at all? any vids on how to do it? I couldn't find any on youtube

I'm intrigued by this iron method yall speak of. does it effect the fit at all? any vids on how to do it? I couldn't find any on youtube

The previous page has a post from rainking on what to do. Follow that.

No, it does not affect the fit whatsoever. And like J said, just literally follow my instructions from the previous page in this thread. I have said this a million times but I'll say it again: This is EASY. I didn't watch any videos before I did it--well I did watch ONE on YouTube months ago ONE time but it was for some Huaraches or something, and I certainly didn't use it as a guide when I finally got around to doing it this week--I just followed what someone else said about it on here, also months ago. That's why I just laid out what to do in my previous post a page back.

Maybe my years of ironing clothes made this easier to swallow for me, I dunno. But this really is as simple as I laid it out. I too had big reservations before I did it because it was unknown territory for me and I expected trouble, but I can tell you now that it's not even a thing. Just stuff the toes fully, use a shoe tree, don't hold your iron on the shoes like the Hulk, and stick to all of my other step by step instructions. If you do that, you'll find out real quick how this works. It's physically obvious as you're doing it. There is no advanced trick to this. The ONLY key thing is to make sure you stuff the toes fully because you need something backing them when you put your iron over the wet t shirt and start ironing. If I could figure this out on the first try, anyone can.

:lol: I dont know man. My pair does not look that bad in my eyes. My luck, I would be "that guy" that would screw it up and be pissed. I will take your pair though.:lol: Job you did,:nthat:.

:nthat:
Easy, yeah? Great job.
very easy, 10/10 would do it again :lol:

I have a second pair that you all are making me want to try this on.
do it, you really can't mess it up if you do everything that was posted

that reshape is not bad at all. very mild and not too flat. Just right to make a difference.
i wasn't trying to go for that flat slanted look. i wanted a more rounded toebox, so i pressed the iron around the edges in a semi-circle pattern.

Back
Top Bottom