AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

Looks like page 23 is dedicated to the sheep of JB. Especially the sheep above. Isn't he preparing to campout for the "superior" CD IV's withfake attributes("27" year olds should know what I mean, unless.....)

You honestly have a mindset of a 17 year old being 27. Not because you like the CD IV's. But....

solezprogression wrote:

. Put a pair of og's and these retro's in front of any person on the street and point out the differences that you see, andthen ask them if, knowing about the differences, do the two shoes look "extremely similar." I guarantee that you will get a yes out of 99% of peopleyou ask. A few minute differences does not negate the fact that the retros are extremely similar to the OG's. Hell, even most fakes look extremely similarto the real thing. Its only us shoe collectors who make a hobby out of knitpicking at the details.

First of all, a jumpman replacing "Nike Air" does not mean that they are not extremely similar either. So what's your point? What I'm saying is that the shoe, taken as a whole, is extremely similar to both the '99 retro and the OG. Any lay person would agree with that statement. The only difference that a lay person would even notice is the replacement of "Nike Air" with a Jumpman. And like I said, even if you point that out, the average person would still agree that they're extremely similar (i.e., the differences are MINOR). And my point about "fake attributes" is that it is a nonsensical term. Fakes have shoe laces too, does that mean that any shoe with laces has fake attributes? Or if I show you a fake that is (even to your highly trained eye
eyes.gif
) indistinguishable from an authentic jordan, then that means that the authentic jordan has fake attributes? B/c that's basically what you're saying here.

And nobody is "settling" for the CD IV's. Maybe people want shoes that will last them longer than a pair of '99's. Maybe people have the '99's already, but want these anyway to beat around in. And MAYBE people actually like the look of these (the shape and the jumpman) better than the '99's. See your problem is that you're starting with the %@#-umption that the '99's are aesthetically superior to these. That's a valid OPINION, but that doesn't make it true for everyone.

And like I said, by your own standards if you've ever bought a pair of retro's in the past 4-5 years then you too have "settled," so shut your hypocritical mouth and quit judging people for wanting a pair of fresh kicks.

And you're the one calling me a hypocrite.
indifferent.gif
Andyou're right, there is nothing "variant" with the countdown IV's according to your eyes. I shouldn't explain it to you anymore,you're 27 and your grown right? So you're right and everyone else that says these IV's are inspired by varients are wrong. Yep, you the man, youproved everyone wrong, and pat yourself on the back.
eyes.gif

Make sure your the first one in line.
laugh.gif

sickickz23:

Wow... you just don't get it.

I wrote a couple of well-thoughtout posts just to try to explain why some of us older heads aren't all angry about the difference between the CDP IV'sand the older retros and OGs, not trying to get you to agree, just see that we have a different opinion coming from a different life experience... and all youdo is call us sheep and then try to explain the differences again.

Dude... we get it... they are different. Get over it. No matter how loudly you "yell" some people will have a different opinion on this subject.Period. You are really showing how immature you are. Let us have our own opinion without calling us names or reiterating your same issues with the shoes overand over.

Ok... now I'm done.

I want Nike Air but it certainly won't stop me from buying the CDP...there close enough, and "almost in't enough" but what more can u expectfrom Brand Jordan in 2008???

Okay man, you win. I'm a sheep for wanting to buy a shoe for my own personal reasons that I used to own. What was I thinking. I'm taking your adviceand not buying these as a form of protest against JB for not making them exactly like the OG.

borat_not.jpg

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

^^^
laugh.gif

It's our fault for trying to reason with a youngster, SHORTY
laugh.gif

Best comment I read here so far. No irony there.
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter how old I am. You along with the 27 year old wanted to post your ages on here so that you would get respect. Letting NT know your age,it's irrevelant.
want to have something that looks that looks extremely similar to the afore mentioned OG's and '99 retros
Dude... we get it... they are different.

But it's still pretty sad to know your age, and that you thought both looked "extremely similar", and then you altered your decision. Perhapsfrom me? Anyways, Sydney Deane said it best

"you might be able to pull a couple passes out your #@#$, but that still doesn't mean you know how to play thisgame."
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

There is a big difference between the 99 IV's and the 08 retro's for one, no Nike Air, 2 the banana shape to it, it looks horrible, 3rd you know theseare going to have rubber not plastic side straps and back tab. And i noticed someone stated earlier that only people into sneakers complains about it and thatthe general public would not know, but let me tell you the sneaker community definitely does have a say, and nothing proves that more than the Nike air techchallenge III flop, actually HUGE FLOP, had they put the tennis ball logo on the back of that shoe and a little speckled paint around the ankle area and thosewould have sold very well, its the minor details that definitely DO COUNT. The younger generation and the people that jumped on the sneaker collectingbandwagon hording everything that drops, just does not understand that, and buys into the hype that the original collectors created for these sneakers WHENTHEY WERE RETRO'D WITH QUALITY.

this is out of control either u feel em or you dont

i just dont think i could get wit that jumpman symbol on the heel
still a nice pack

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

^^^
laugh.gif

It's our fault for trying to reason with a youngster, SHORTY
laugh.gif

I went through this last week with him. He just loves talking trash because he claims to have found some 99's that haven't crumbled on him. Maybehe'll get off his high horse if we all give him one big collective pat on the back.

CONGRATS!!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Looks like page 23 is dedicated to the sheep of JB. Especially the sheep above. Isn't he preparing to campout for the "superior" CD IV's with fake attributes("27" year olds should know what I mean, unless.....)

You honestly have a mindset of a 17 year old being 27. Not because you like the CD IV's. But....

solezprogression wrote:

. Put a pair of og's and these retro's in front of any person on the street and point out the differences that you see, and then ask them if, knowing about the differences, do the two shoes look "extremely similar." I guarantee that you will get a yes out of 99% of people you ask. A few minute differences does not negate the fact that the retros are extremely similar to the OG's. Hell, even most fakes look extremely similar to the real thing. Its only us shoe collectors who make a hobby out of knitpicking at the details.

First of all, a jumpman replacing "Nike Air" does not mean that they are not extremely similar either. So what's your point? What I'm saying is that the shoe, taken as a whole, is extremely similar to both the '99 retro and the OG. Any lay person would agree with that statement. The only difference that a lay person would even notice is the replacement of "Nike Air" with a Jumpman. And like I said, even if you point that out, the average person would still agree that they're extremely similar (i.e., the differences are MINOR). And my point about "fake attributes" is that it is a nonsensical term. Fakes have shoe laces too, does that mean that any shoe with laces has fake attributes? Or if I show you a fake that is (even to your highly trained eye
eyes.gif
) indistinguishable from an authentic jordan, then that means that the authentic jordan has fake attributes? B/c that's basically what you're saying here.

And nobody is "settling" for the CD IV's. Maybe people want shoes that will last them longer than a pair of '99's. Maybe people have the '99's already, but want these anyway to beat around in. And MAYBE people actually like the look of these (the shape and the jumpman) better than the '99's. See your problem is that you're starting with the %@#-umption that the '99's are aesthetically superior to these. That's a valid OPINION, but that doesn't make it true for everyone.

And like I said, by your own standards if you've ever bought a pair of retro's in the past 4-5 years then you too have "settled," so shut your hypocritical mouth and quit judging people for wanting a pair of fresh kicks.
And you're the one calling me a hypocrite.
indifferent.gif
And you're right, there is nothing "variant" with the countdown IV's according to your eyes. I shouldn't explain it to you anymore, you're 27 and your grown right? So you're right and everyone else that says these IV's are inspired by varients are wrong. Yep, you the man, you proved everyone wrong, and pat yourself on the back.
eyes.gif

Make sure your the first one in line.
laugh.gif

Wow, you really aren't very intelligent are you? Please tell me where in the two statements you just quoted that I contradicted myself? You justbolded me saying the same thing in two different ways and then suggested that I'm a hypocrite
laugh.gif
. Do you even know the meaning of the word? And also please explain to me whata person's age has to do with their ability to detect differences in two different objects? Should a 30 year-old be any better at it than a 15 year-old? I don't think so. And you're the one who initially brought up age, and who keeps bringing up age. I told you I was 27 b/c you suggested that just b/cI and other NT-ers want these shoes that means we're young-bucks just buying into the hype, despite us clearly telling you that it has nothing to do withage or hype or compromising, and it has everything to do with personal preference.

So now you think the JB design team looks at fakes for their inspiration for shoes? Wow. Leave the conspiracy theories to Michael Moore. Like I said before,just because someone who is not affiliated with JB makes a shoe that is really close to an authentic shoe and it ends up looking like a retro of the same shoe,that doesn't mean that the authentic retro was inspired by the fake. Nor (in my mind) does it detract from the authentic shoe. Its just an unfortunateby-product of where the shoe game is right now (popular, to say the least). There are always gonna be fakes, and some will be very close in appearance thereal thing, but as long as I know I'm rocking the real thing I could care less about a fake. Nobody is saying that fakes don't look similar to these. In fact I agreed with that, but in your limited intelligence you didn't pick up on that. MY POINT IS... if you're gonna go thru life worried aboutfakes looking too close to your authentics, then you might as well quit the shoe game now b/c its only gonna get worse as time progresses and fake-makers getmore sophisticated (and they're pretty damn close already).

FYI, you should really just give up on this argument b/c your opponents are clearly more intelligent than you and it becomes more evident every time you post anew comment. Not to say that your opinions aren't valid (all opinions based on even a shred of evidence could be considered valid), but you leave yourselfopen to being completely discredited when you state an opinion as if it is fact. Just my thoughts as a professional arguer. Take it or leave it.

By the way, you still haven't explained (or even addressed) how you're not a hypocrite for maintaining your current opinion about these IV's whileat the same time copping some of the various retros released over the past 5 years that suffer from the same "flaws." Just thought I'd pointthat out in case you wanna defend your position. But I guess you'd rather continue dodging that question and accuse everyone else of being"sheep" while engaging in the very same behavior you so ardently decry. Whatever...
eyes.gif

PS, I never lined up for a shoe in my life.

So you're right and everyone else that says these IV's are inspired by varients are wrong.
No intrusion, but...where do you think variants got their inspiration from?

How do you know what i buy and what retroes I buy or not? Damn, you spying on me? LOL.

You finally have a well-thought out post. Congrats. It's light years ahead from your first post. If you would have had a post directed at me of thatnature, then we wouldn't have this kind of arguement. But you're still confused on what's "extremely similar" and "similar.

If you really want to know, the past 2 years I have been buying nothing but Nike retroes, because frankly, they know how to reproduce an original. And I'vebeen on the hunt searching for older retroes, 99-01 and wearable OG's. The last retroes I bought were the mils and mars IV's(a move that I deeplyregret because the quality was trash, and the OG Fire Red IV's were my first pair, which is the reason I bought the both of the IV's). The last retroesI bought, were the playoff 8s and CD XIII X. Both of which I returned on eastbay and sold on ebay once I saw the quality restricted issues on both.

So I'm slowly making the transition to Nike, because they know how, and what it takes to reproduce an original. And there's no sheep, nor no hypeattached to the shoes, which makes me love it more. Sound famiilar? 94, 99-01 retroes=Nike retroes '08 in terms quality, and less to virtually no hype.

How do you know what i buy and what retroes I buy or not? Damn, you spying on me? LOL.

You finally have a well-thought out post. Congrats. It's light years ahead from your first post. If you would have had a post directed at me of that nature, then we wouldn't have this kind of arguement. But you're still confused on what's "extremely similar" and "similar.

If you really want to know, the past 2 years I have been buying nothing but Nike retroes, because frankly, they know how to reproduce an original. And I've been on the hunt searching for older retroes, 99-01 and wearable OG's. The last retroes I bought were the mils and mars IV's(a move that I deeply regret because the quality was trash, and the OG Fire Red IV's were my first pair, which is the reason I bought the both of the IV's). The last retroes I bought, were the playoff 8s and CD XIII X. Both of which I returned on eastbay and sold on ebay once I saw the quality restricted issues on both.

So I'm slowly making the transition to Nike, because they know how, and what it takes to reproduce an original. And there's no sheep, nor no hype attached to the shoes, which makes me love it more. Sound famiilar? 94, 99-01 retroes=Nike retroes '08 in terms quality, and less to virtually no hype.
^^ you had me up until you said there's virtually no hype on the nike retros. but whatever, to each his own. if you really haven't copped andkept any jordan retros in the past 5 years (a claim which i have a hard time believing personally), then more power to you. i guess you're a man of hisconvictions. but i for one don't have a real problem with the quality on MOST (not all) recent retros. sure they could all be better, but i'm notgonna go boycotting JB because of it. but like i said, if that's what you want to do, that's your prerogative and i won't knock you for it.

lol everyone complaning now, but in about 5 to 7 yrs when these will be the only bred ivs wearable people will be paying top dollar for em. lol stop urcomplaning

You finally have a well-thought out post. Congrats. It's light years ahead from your first post. If you would have had a post directed at me of that nature, then we wouldn't have this kind of arguement. But you're still confused on what's "extremely similar" and "similar.

If you really want to know, the past 2 years I have been buying nothing but Nike retroes, because frankly, they know how to reproduce an original. And I've been on the hunt searching for older retroes, 99-01 and wearable OG's. The last retroes I bought were the mils and mars IV's(a move that I deeply regret because the quality was trash, and the OG Fire Red IV's were my first pair, which is the reason I bought the both of the IV's). The last retroes I bought, were the playoff 8s and CD XIII X. Both of which I returned on eastbay and sold on ebay once I saw the quality restricted issues on both.

So I'm slowly making the transition to Nike, because they know how, and what it takes to reproduce an original. And there's no sheep, nor no hype attached to the shoes, which makes me love it more. Sound famiilar? 94, 99-01 retroes=Nike retroes '08 in terms quality, and less to virtually no hype.
To say that Nike knows how to reproduce an original is laughable, at best. They JUST started getting it right last year. Prior to that, almost everyretro they put out had some major differences, not to mention horrible materials. I'm not talking about Air Max 90s and other common joints like that,either. We're talking sig shoes here. With the release of the Penny Foams, Nike started getting their %+@% together, if I remember right. And no hype? Youcan't be serious. Go check out the ATC II thread. Go check out the ZF95 thread. Peep how fast those shoes sold out. And no "sheep"? Ha!! 75% ofthe dudes in the ATC II thread probably aren't old enough to remember Agassi, and I'm willing to bet a good amount of them never heard of him before.Yet that post is up to 62 pages now, and dudes are beasting over kicks they never knew existed until NT put them up on 'em. Honestly, get of your elitistpedestal my dude. It isn't a good look. And honestly, you look like that much more of an idiot by going well out of your way to chastise another man'schoice.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

To say that Nike knows how to reproduce an original is laughable, at best. They JUST started getting it right last year. Prior to that, almost every retro they put out had some major differences, not to mention horrible materials. I'm not talking about Air Max 90s and other common joints like that, either. We're talking sig shoes here. With the release of the Penny Foams, Nike started getting their %+@% together, if I remember right. And no hype? You can't be serious. Go check out the ATC II thread. Go check out the ZF95 thread. Peep how fast those shoes sold out. And no "sheep"? Ha!! 75% of the dudes in the ATC II thread probably aren't old enough to remember Agassi, and I'm willing to bet a good amount of them never heard of him before. Yet that post is up to 62 pages now, and dudes are beasting over kicks they never knew existed until NT put them up on 'em. Honestly, get of your elitist pedestal my dude. It isn't a good look. And honestly, you look like that much more of an idiot by going well out of your way to chastise another man's choice.

^^ double read that post sickickz23 maybe even three times to get it stuck in your head. Don't knock on other people's opinions as well....Nikeknows how to reproduce originals is blasphemy I tell you. And no hype attached to the Nike retros?? You have to be kidding, if you are. April 1st was almost amonth ago. Just seriously read your post and think it over

Originally Posted by primo84

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

To say that Nike knows how to reproduce an original is laughable, at best. They JUST started getting it right last year. Prior to that, almost every retro they put out had some major differences, not to mention horrible materials. I'm not talking about Air Max 90s and other common joints like that, either. We're talking sig shoes here. With the release of the Penny Foams, Nike started getting their %+@% together, if I remember right. And no hype? You can't be serious. Go check out the ATC II thread. Go check out the ZF95 thread. Peep how fast those shoes sold out. And no "sheep"? Ha!! 75% of the dudes in the ATC II thread probably aren't old enough to remember Agassi, and I'm willing to bet a good amount of them never heard of him before. Yet that post is up to 62 pages now, and dudes are beasting over kicks they never knew existed until NT put them up on 'em. Honestly, get of your elitist pedestal my dude. It isn't a good look. And honestly, you look like that much more of an idiot by going well out of your way to chastise another man's choice.

^^ double read that post sickickz23 maybe even three times to get it stuck in your head. Don't knock on other people's opinions as well....Nike knows how to reproduce originals is blasphemy I tell you. And no hype attached to the Nike retros?? You have to be kidding, if you are. April 1st was almost a month ago. Just seriously read your post and think it over
you need to hop off with your 10 posts, only posting when another person with 9000+ posts before you.
laugh.gif

To say that Nike knows how to reproduce an original is laughable, at best. They JUST started getting it right last year
but at least, they are starting to get it right, unlike the folks at JB, which will never get it right, as long as they see the $$$ coming thereway.

Go check out the ZF95 thread. Peep how fast those shoes sold out.
I wasn't a big fan of Agassi's, but ZF95's are not hard to find. eastbay still has them. PYS has a full size run, and goes for underretail. Air Raids are still available on all sites. Now the AM Pennys were a bit hard to find, but the price I paid was reasonable, and not overchargedreseller price.

We can go on and on, comparing apples to oranges, but you seriously cannot tell me, that Nike's retro basketball shoe lines create or generate more hypethan JB retroes.

bottom line is that these are as close to the '99 retros as we will get for now, so i'm def. NOT passin on these.
just let ppl buy what they want and $%@#!!!

i been wearing jays since '86. i understand that the shoe is not exactly the same as it once was. but at the same time it is still damn close & thebottom line is we still want these. they are not so different that i wouldn't cop.

the jumpman on the back doesn't f*ckin make a difference.

moral to the story: if u like them then cop (as i will), if not then it's cool to voice your concern/opinion.

but don't call ppl names just cause they want them and will still cop. thatz just plain f*ckin stupid.
"what i eat don't make u sh*t", right??

they are droppin, some of us are coppin, so $%@# already!!!!!!!

^^ double read that post sickickz23 maybe even three times to get it stuck in your head. Don't knock on other people's opinions as well....Nike knows how to reproduce originals is blasphemy I tell you. And no hype attached to the Nike retros?? You have to be kidding, if you are. April 1st was almost a month ago. Just seriously read your post and think it over

you need to hop off with your 10 posts, only posting when another person with 9000+ posts before you.
laugh.gif

To say that Nike knows how to reproduce an original is laughable, at best. They JUST started getting it right last year
but at least, they are starting to get it right, unlike the folks at JB, which will never get it right, as long as they see the $$$ coming there way.

awww go cry yourself a river. i can care less how many posts i have. i don't have all the time in the world to post. you are still missing thepoint...
I just thought you said there was no hype attached to the shoes? no you're moving to "JB has more hype"? get your @#! straight...

man this guy is just like a little kid....i'm sick of this guy already
laugh.gif

WOwers, what the hell is goins on arounds here
roll.gif
The kicks are HOT, thoughtthe Mars were the best color way but I change my opinion

Back
Top Bottom