Air Jordan IV Military First Look Vol. Kixandthecity

Excuse me if this was already touched on, but has anyone noticed if the new Militarys have the TWENTYTWELVE stamp on the side of the tongue like all of the other IVs this year? I haven't messed with the laces in mine yet, so obviously haven't checked.

I'm pretty sure it does have that stamp, if the WC4 and Cav 4s did these should too. I never unlaced them though to look I hate lacin and unlaceing
frown.gif

still waiting on my shipping email from eastbay but the money was finally taken off my card so i should be good to go also i went back to try and get another pair but my size was all gone but they have sizes 8 8.5 9 10.5 11 12 & 18 up if anybody is still looking

I agree...I still haven't looked for the stamp on my white/cement IVs or my Cavs...They all came from Eastbay so I trust that it's there. I've been proven wrong before, but not too worried

Originally Posted by brennanizm

Excuse me if this was already touched on, but has anyone noticed if the new Militarys have the TWENTYTWELVE stamp on the side of the tongue like all of the other IVs this year? I haven't messed with the laces in mine yet, so obviously haven't checked.

They do have the stamp.

I don't understand why so many people slept on this CW. To be honest, whenever a pair of white and blue jordans drop I'm all over it. They are so rare its worth spending extra time to pick up a couple pairs. People will regret sleeping on this, so expect the obsidian 12s release to be crazy. NDC finally shipped my pairs today, shipping says they are in friday.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by PeekThaSneaks

Originally Posted by trueprada

this will be like all the other slept on jordans..people going to be like maan i shouldve cop those

people said the same thing about Stealth 3's and CG12's...I just dont see it happening. I bought my pair. Still debeting on returning them to cop some other heat. The shoes really do nohting for me...

Well, I never thought 06 militaries would ever be worth more than retail, much less the 200+ they were selling for.  That shoe was horrible all around, and some people were still paying a premium for them up until this point.

The shoe I am still disappointed in is the 2012 White/Cement IV.  The color just throws the shoe off.  It is still too dark.  Not to mention the dark air unit just doesnt help the shoe out either.  Definitely a shoe I wouldnt even buy on a discount.

I am excited though to see the Black/Cement pair.  Im hoping the air unit is clear, and not black or red, and definitely hoping they use nubuck and not that ashy crap they used on the Black/Red V's and VI's.

I know Ive been a major negative on the IV's, but the Military Blue IV's were definitely a step up.
I feel ya man, I was stoked about them retroing the wht/cmts IVs, its been a long time since I've purchased any JB product because of the quality issues. The wht/cmts IVs are/were my favorite jays next to the blk/cmt IIIs, but once I saw and felt the quality on those I said no thanks. The color, shape, and the hard pleather they used on them was so disappointing.

So last Sunday, on a whim, I decided to just check out the military IVs since the lady and I were near the mall. And I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality on them I had to cop. Nice soft leather that Nike used to use on most of their bball shoes, the kind that CREASES(the stuff all the kids hate nowadays) and is so comfortable once broken in. The midsole paint looks much more durable as well(time will tell). Such an easy, stress free purchasing experience too, the sales guy even asked if I wanted to look at several pairs to choose the freshest ones...I said naw, I'm gonna be wearing these.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by PeekThaSneaks

Originally Posted by trueprada

this will be like all the other slept on jordans..people going to be like maan i shouldve cop those

people said the same thing about Stealth 3's and CG12's...I just dont see it happening. I bought my pair. Still debeting on returning them to cop some other heat. The shoes really do nohting for me...

Well, I never thought 06 militaries would ever be worth more than retail, much less the 200+ they were selling for.  That shoe was horrible all around, and some people were still paying a premium for them up until this point.

The shoe I am still disappointed in is the 2012 White/Cement IV.  The color just throws the shoe off.  It is still too dark.  Not to mention the dark air unit just doesnt help the shoe out either.  Definitely a shoe I wouldnt even buy on a discount.

I am excited though to see the Black/Cement pair.  Im hoping the air unit is clear, and not black or red, and definitely hoping they use nubuck and not that ashy crap they used on the Black/Red V's and VI's.

I know Ive been a major negative on the IV's, but the Military Blue IV's were definitely a step up.
Props for that comparison a few pages back.  Being tough on the IVs is warranted.  To me they're the best JB shoe of all time, nothing compares to that OG/99 look.  That bulky look, the netting, that nice padding, those are the things that make the shoe.  Left off Nike Air because that's not returning until JB starts to take hits.

When I heard about some of the quality improvements on the Militaries, I figured I'd cop and see for myself.  Worst case I'd return them or just sell 'em.  Anxiously awaiting my Eastbay shipment.  Paid below retail so that's another bonus.  My White Cements are sitting right now.  As my 2nd favorite colorway of my favorite Jordan model it's almost blasphemous, but as much as I've tried to excuse some of the shortfalls, they're just not the same shoe I grew to love.  I'll eventually break them out, but it'll be just another shoe for me which the IVs never were, but then again, that's what most retros are becoming.

For the IVs I may have to make an exception on my "no used shoes" policy because that's probably the only way I'll have wearable pairs of my two grails that look and feel the way they should (Black Cements & White Cements).

For those of you whose shoes are on backorder from eastbay, I just got my shipping confirmation so they should be here by next week.

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

i hate this years 4s. the leather is too stiff, they barely move.

The Pros to stiff leather IMO is that it causes minimal creasing. Unlike the leather on the III's in 2011. I dig the leather myself.

Fed ex just dropped mine off from END.
Love the shoe but not really pleased with their shipping. Shoe box was bubble wrapped and thrown in a big envelope.
Box is all jacked. Won't be going through them again..

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Fed ex just dropped mine off from END.
Love the shoe but not really pleased with their shipping. Shoe box was bubble wrapped and thrown in a big envelope.
Box is all jacked. Won't be going through them again..

Exactly what happened with my pair
frown.gif

I love mine ...

Walked into Finishline on Saturday around 8 P.M.

They still had a FSR.

Asked for the 13. Bought it. Went home and got yelled at by the wife for buying another pair of kicks. Haha.

Great looking shoe.

Still haven't received mine from finishline, but I'm on the west coast. I also got yelled at by the wife for buying these.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by Hibb304

So everyone that ordred from End got hit with custom charges?

I didn't.

You may get an invoice in a week or so. Hopefully you don't, but don't get your hopes up. I actually wasn't around to take delivery today so they left it with my concierge and they're just going to send me a bill next week.

Back
Top Bottom