Air Jordan IX January 2018

What's taking these so long to show up at NDC?

Edit: I'l be lowkey upset if I miss on these since I got the snkrs reserve and passed waiting on the use of discount codes. That would really suck

Tax season has nothing to do with sellouts, never has and never will

For the past couple years I can’t think of any retro Js that didn’t sell out Feb-March besides the Motorsport 4s but I get what you’re saying and agree to a certain extent because I know certain ppl personally that only cop Js during that time frame.

Tax season has nothing to do with it
I’m not saying it plays a significant amount but let’s not act like there aren’t a bunch of ppl making impulse purchases during tax season

I personally think they sold out primarily due to the bred CW and looking good

For the past couple years I can’t think of any retro Js that didn’t sell out Feb-March besides the Motorsport 4s but I get what you’re saying and agree to a certain extent because I know certain ppl personally that only cop Js during that time frame.
I guess the cut in production numbers, plus nike keeping more stock in house has nothing to with it:rolleyes

I’m not saying it plays a significant amount but let’s not act like there aren’t a bunch of ppl making impulse purchases during tax season

I personally think they sold out primarily due to the bred CW and looking good
Naw NT loves to play the condescending tax season card like stuff wasnt sitting in previous tax seasons.
Nike cut production. That really drives these sell out and also builds hype for shoes that would generally get discounted.
Less shoes = more hype = sell outs.

Did anyone get their email Confirmation yet from Nike.com

I didn’t still says Preparing to ship

For another order I canceled I got a email in 12 minutes from when I made the first order

Imo tax season does play a role, I'm not sure how much but I think it's a factor. It's dumb asf if u ask me but it is what it is.

I know of people that make min wage and they literally dont go to work when they get their refund check, they are so used to living check to check. Not saying those ppl are dropping 200 on Js but the ones that do keep going to work prob do

Imo tax season does play a role, I'm not sure how much but I think it's a factor. It's dumb asf if u ask me but it is what it is.

I know of people that make min wage and they literally dont go to work when they get their refund check, they are so used to living check to check. Not saying those ppl are dropping 200 on Js but the ones that do keep going to work prob do

Yea.... every shoe sells out from Jan - April due to tax season according to NT

Last edited:

A lot of assuming in this psot

Glad I got my hands on a pair from my plug earlier this week... They moved much faster than anticipated but Im no fan. Gonna share the wealth with my ppl that took Ls or resell.

The Prome Night 11s are a must have so I cant justify adding these subpar 9s to my collection.

Glad I got my hands on a pair from my plug earlier this week... They moved much faster than anticipated but Im no fan. Gonna share the wealth with my ppl that took Ls or resell.

The Prome Night 11s are a must have so I cant justify adding these subpar 9s to my collection.
I’ll get Prom nights

In case I take L on Concord 11s at the end of 2018

And I won’t wear them right away
Because everybody will be wearing them..... just like when 72-10 dropped

3 out of 10 Nike employees are wearing them.

Woke up 10:30 and SNKRS app only had 10-11 , checked out my 10.5 successfully. Swore up and down I was going to get my girls size 4 off Swoosh.. BOY WAS I WRONG. Luckily I have one reserved when I get to work. All sizes from babies to men’s.. didn’t see that coming.

Edit: Got that 4 off Swoosh :smile:

Last edited:
Tax season has nothing to do with sellouts, never has and never will

It's a classic bred shoe with patent leather; + limited = sell out.

I was gonna cop a pair before the Prom Night 11 was announced. I like the 9 but it feels like a brick on feet. I do love my Kobe PE though.

Back
Top Bottom