Air Jordan Midsole Life

Hey NT, I have a question for those that especially experienced with older or vintage Air Jordans or those that have some knowledge on the materials that areused to create an Air Jordan. I was looking to get into purchasing some of the older models/retros that came out from even 2006 and back, starting with stufffrom my favorite set Air Jordans III-VI. Question is however, how long does the average Air Jordan that uses a phylon foam midsole like a lot of the models dolast, %## many years and is it worth investing money for a sneaker that I won't get a lot of time to wear or one that may even fall apart after the firstwear? Thanks NT

only models you need to be worried about are the III's and IV's the midsoles crack after about 2-3 years maybe earlier if constant wear and i think itsa good investment but thats only my opinion

QFT ^ only gotta worrie about 3,4,5,6,7,8 and 10s are known for cracking and i have personal expierence with all those numbers cracking on me and they were allog
smh.gif

yeah, there was a thread that said something like you can still wear og l's because of what they used to make the sole, the thread had a dude that found apair of og l's at a goodwill

Midsoles on the 2002 Retro IXs don't crack... but the midsole paint cracks quite badly.

I wonder if the 2002 Raptor VII's would crack if I bought them DS or VNDS.

Originally Posted by hypebeast5

only models you need to be worried about are the III's and IV's the midsoles crack after about 2-3 years maybe earlier if constant wear and i think its a good investment but thats only my opinion

True Story.............I had a VVVVVVNDS pair of FRESH cement IV's wore it about 3-5 times and it was worn by the previous owner but in good condition.
Just 1 random day decided to wear them.....had no problems all day and as i got home and thru my sneakers done.........
frown.gif
I SAW CRACKs !!!

2-9 have fragile soles but the 3,5-9 retros are good. jus gotta worry bout the IVs from OG and 99.

I barely see any OG's after XI's crumbling. You may want to invest some time into learning how to restore midsoles too, if you are really serious aboutgetting more "OG's"

I wore my '99 4's about 2-3 times a week from day one, and up until about a year ago, they just couldn't hold on anymore.

thanks guys I appreciate a lot of your advice. I was gonna buy the original colored retros and get a lot of what I used to have before reality, college andfraternity finances set in.

So how many years left in
2006 Jordan IVs
2006-07 Jordan Vs
2007 Jordan IIIs
2008 Jordan VIs

thanks again

Originally Posted by swingshot

Midsoles on the 2002 Retro IXs don't crack... but the midsole paint cracks quite badly.

i had the cool greys IXs from 02 and they cracked quite a bit where the seams hold down the pl...i beat them pretty good though thats probably why

most of the models you mentioned crack but not as easy as III's and IV's be careful especially if your buying OGs and expecting to wear them

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

thanks guys I appreciate a lot of your advice. I was gonna buy the original colored retros and get a lot of what I used to have before reality, college and fraternity finances set in.

So how many years left in
2006 Jordan IVs
2006-07 Jordan Vs
2007 Jordan IIIs
2008 Jordan VIs

thanks again
just guessing here
2006 Jordan IVs like 6-7 years if you use them wisely and rotate shoes if you wearing them constantly 3-4 ears
2006-07 Jordan Vs like 8 years or more Vs are pretty durable but if your wearing them constantly 5 years
2007 Jordan IIIs same as the IVs
2008 Jordan VIs if they are the olympics with the patent leather i think like 7 years and maybe 2-3 before they start yellowing
i maybe wrong then again they are just guesses

Back
Top Bottom