• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the nature of the beast these days. Look across all Nike lines, almost every sneaker has a "story", name or gimmick.

It's for these young kids. I think it's how they develop an attachment to some of these sneakers to fork over all that money, other than just liking a colorway.

I think the difference is that you know the "story" of every sneaker today...not that those stories didn't exist before...

JM

running out of inspirations i see

Confused by this statement???

Mike playing basketball during the prime of his career to play professional baseball is one of the seminal moments in sports in the 20th century...

Sounds like a solid story to use as inspiration to me...

Right?

JM

I think the difference is that you know the "story" of every sneaker today...not that those stories didn't exist before...

JM

The stories were developed by the athlete, culture or the era. Right now it's not really authentic. It's given to you like microwave food. You aren't going to see Lebron drop 50 in the aways.

Now sneakers have names driving them, before it was mainly colorways. I guess it makes sneakers more identifiable by saying, I want the South Beaches, Gammas, Kilroys when you have a billion colorways coming out. But it also adds to the hype, because with the name people wonder, will they be limited or not.

JM
The stories were developed by the athlete, culture or the era. Right now it's not really authentic. It's given to you like microwave food. You aren't going to see Lebron drop 50 in the aways.

Now sneakers have names driving them, before it was mainly colorways. I guess it makes sneakers more identifiable by saying, I want the South Beaches, Gammas, Kilroys when you have a billion colorways coming out. But it also adds to the hype, because with the name people wonder, will they be limited or not.
QFE

Have no problem with the kilroy theme how they used all the teams from an old aid and this theme right here. At least these themes play on parts of his career. Unlike thd now over flooding of the toro theme. To each is own but if a shoe has a story I'm def keeping an open mind.

Have no problem with the kilroy theme how they used all the teams from an old aid and this theme right here. At least these themes play on parts of his career. Unlike thd now over flooding of the toro theme. To each is own but if a shoe has a story I'm def keeping an open mind.
What? Toro theme? It's just another Bulls black/red colorway...

Actually when the raging bull pack debuted it was a theme and one everyone wasn't feeling at first. The black was the (toro bravo) bull and represented his stealth and attitude for the game and the red was supposed to be for the matadors bandana representing his passion for the game. Don't see how raging bull isn't a theme because it's a bulls color way but this is a theme because it's a non bulls cw?

JB needs to release a Arizona Fall League Scottsdale Scorpions retro IX with #35 on the back

....so i can have something to match perfectly with my MJ Scorpions jersey and hat

From what I'm seeing I really like these. I've always been a fan of the 9 model and this is a very simple but clean colorway.

These won't do numbers. Finishline line will put em on sale first. Then i cop. Stay tuned to sneakersteal.com to check availability

For me this is the best Retro + c/w for this year up until their supposive April release date.

Will have these added to my collects for sure ,provided they stay the way theyre currently pictured.

Back
Top Bottom