Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Whats good NT? First post and first comment in a forum.  I had these when they dropped in 2006.  I have mixed emotions about these but I must say (and I can't deny it) they're a must cop.  I"m just not a fan of re-purchasing kicks I've already had.  Its kinda like a "been there, done that" kind of thing.  But I saw these a few weeks in hand and the quality is great.  I was actually impressed.  Leaning towards adding these to the collection.  Retro V "Fire Red" are a MUST COP!

Behind the Black Metallics I think these are the second best colorway of the 5's.

I still have my pair DS from 2006 though so I'll be passing unless they hit outlets and I can scoop for the low.

just moved to this area in the boonies of MD and been driving to 2 hours for releases
today i found out theres a hibbett sports 3 mins from my place and theyre releasing the 5s 
laugh.gif

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....

What part of Maryland are you in with a HIBBETT SPORTS??? :lol:

I've been living here my whole damn life and the only time I've seen a Hibbett was when I was out of town with my fam in GA/FL

--------------------------------------

Passing on these, but still got 2 tickets on hold for my cousins.

3M Fire Reds >>>> imo.

Last edited:
It's funny how everybody talks so highly of the stiff leather they used on the white cement 4's last year compared to the "terrible" soft leather on the fire red 4's
laugh.gif

Now everybody is complaining about the stiff leather on the 5's
roll.gif

Oh and btw for people preferring the 06 fire red 5's I'll leave this picture here and show u how terrible the leather was (worn 3 times)... Hell they creased the first time I tried them on without walking
mean.gif

I recall there being a good amount of slander in the wc4 thread..

Personally I thought they were weak and sold my pair to an NTer..

Had my chance to secure a guaranteed pair but passed. The blue icy soles on colorways with red to them just bugs me. It doesn't look right imo, it's a deal breaker. And the stiff leather I'm not a fan of it. I actually don't mind creases in my shoes if I know they use leather that feels and creases like leather.

These have the same material used just like the other fire red 5s and grape 5s of this year? If so, I'm assuming these are going to fit big. I had to size down .5 on the other 5s this year and they fit great.

It's funny how everybody talks so highly of the stiff leather they used on the white cement 4's last year compared to the "terrible" soft leather on the fire red 4's
laugh.gif

Now everybody is complaining about the stiff leather on the 5's
roll.gif

Oh and btw for people preferring the 06 fire red 5's I'll leave this picture here and show u how terrible the leather was (worn 3 times)... Hell they creased the first time I tried them on without walking
mean.gif

Wow that's just a shame..

have my 06 pair, they in **** condition. Never understand why they did what they did to the tounge with the air jordan being moved down and different stitching for the front. Its whatever though. Im not complaining because im stoked for the Laney V's . Id Cop these if i didnt have my 06 pair

Had my chance to secure a guaranteed pair but passed. The blue icy soles on colorways with red to them just bugs me. It doesn't look right imo, it's a deal breaker. And the stiff leather I'm not a fan of it. I actually don't mind creases in my shoes if I know they use leather that feels and creases like leather.
i agree, it just reeks of 2013, and feels less like a retro (falling in love with the shoe again) 

Guaranteed tic? Was there a line?

For the shoe store workers, how many pairs did you guys get? I'm hoping for FR3 numbers!

Yeah, guaranteed.. They started giving them out at 5, got there a few mins til and no one was in there. Not sure on how many they got but they had a nice lil stack of tix- at least 50.

Looks like **** happenes and I cant afford this pair anymore. 4th time it has happened this year. Can't wait till my situation is stable.

These will probably sit longer than the FR 3's.

Quoted to show a perfect example of someone not knowing what they're talking about. You didn't even bother to pose an argument...

5's are one of the highest selling, most appreciated models and this CW is a heavy favorite for white based fives. Some people favor the 3M's for the 3M and that's it. I favor these because the white toe cap, sick red out sole and 23 all of which make the entire shoe pop more, they look much cleaner. The black toe cap and mid sole on the 3M's make them look cheaper IMO.

This is the shoe I think of when V's come to mind. It stands out the most to me in my childhood as far as the V's go. I know that everyone doesn't or can't feel that way, but the NTers that are old enough know where I'm coming from. This is an OG Jordan CW at it's finest. I'm probably gonna double up, or regret not doing so.

Hopefully I can RSVP a pair, but I'm pretty sure these will follow the FCFS we've been seeing or this "in store" raffle @ NTRF. Either way, easy scoop online or in store because of high production #'s.

Everyone complaining about leather like shoes don't get old... They go on your feet for a reason.. To walk on and get abused over time. Let me know next time they have a leather check point. So I can avoid walking down that street.

As long as the numbers are good I should be ok. Couldn't make it to the guaranteed tickets. Most stores seem to be doing FCFS. Might get there a little earlier than I did for the III's and playoffs. Thinking about signing up for a couple of raffles just in case, since I'm trying to help my boy out with the foams anyway.

As said before people have skiped the Metallic Tongue FR Vs, the FRIIIs and Mint IVs for these. It will not sit longer than the IIIs

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....

What part of Maryland are you in with a HIBBETT SPORTS??? :lol:

I've been living here my whole damn life and the only time I've seen a Hibbett was when I was out of town with my fam in GA/FL

--------------------------------------

Passing on these, but still got 2 tickets on hold for my cousins.

3M Fire Reds >>>> imo.

cambridge MD on the eastern shore

Back
Top Bottom