Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Nike is really pushing it with their prices! $260 for a pair of lebrons. Jordan brand too with the $240 xx8s. Jordan is keeping most retros at $160 which I'm cool with but little by little they'll have us spending $300+ on shoes.

Nike is really pushing it with their prices! $260 for a pair of lebrons. Jordan brand too with the $240 xx8s. Jordan is keeping most retros at $160 which I'm cool with but little by little they'll have us spending $300+ on shoes.

GLAD IM CLOSE TO DONE....

I really hate the new way ftl(.not hoh.) Does releases now. They have signups on a random day...usually tuesday for guaranteed pairs. I've showed up before opening on these days and soon as the store opens I ask to signup and they always have some reason why I'm either too late or too early...as far as I'm concerned their new procedure for handling releases is just a way for employees and their friends to have an advantage over the reg. Customer. At least with raffles it seemed fair, well if the store manager isn't shady that is. With this new system I swear the employees and their friends reserve all the pairs before the reservations even open to the public. I have not gotten a single pair that I wanted besides the Suns 8s from a footlocker since they started this method in March. If they are going to do releases like this they should have a specific date/ time they give out the tix, cuz the way it is now the regular consumer has no idea when they will start doing the reservations, but u can be sure the employees know.
At least hoh still does raffles.

Last edited:
IcySneakers came through for me before.  Only other pre-order experience is that.

For Black Grapes I used Deadstocknj.

I was excited until dude had all the XIs again on his site, not sure what to expect.  The XIs are no longer on the site, but Green Glow IVs are.

So is another run of the Black Grapes

I hope to get a retail RD pair to put up to the one I get from them(if they come through), just to see if there's any noticeable differences
is this the icysneakers site your talking about ? 

http://icysneakers.bigcartel.com/

Y would my collection be better?

Every hyped up release make its way to NYC some way some how. Pretty sure most pairs of Blk/Gld 1s was found out here if im not mistaken

Yeah, but I'm sure there is a greater consumer per shoe ratio in NYC as well. I've seen some of the crowds y'all produce. The competiveness for popular sneaker releases out there must be super crazy! :wow:

Yeah, but I'm sure there is a greater consumer per shoe ratio in NYC as well. I've seen some of the crowds y'all produce. The competiveness for popular sneaker releases out there must be super crazy!
eek.gif
ya as far as im concerned the most competetive spots to cop kicks are: 1. NYC and surrounding areas 2. San Francisco and surrounding areas 3. L.A. and surrounding areas

that being said I live in sf and I can still get lots of what I want (but certainly not everyting) without TOO much effort, lots of competitiveness but also lots of good spots to cop

I really hate the new way ftl(.not hoh.) Does releases now. They have signups on a random day...usually tuesday for guaranteed pairs. I've showed up before opening on these days and soon as the store opens I ask to signup and they always have some reason why I'm either too late or too early...as far as I'm concerned their new procedure for handling releases is just a way for employees and their friends to have an advantage over the reg. Customer. At least with raffles it seemed fair, well if the store manager isn't shady that is. With this new system I swear the employees and their friends reserve all the pairs before the reservations even open to the public. I have not gotten a single pair that I wanted besides the Suns 8s from a footlocker since they started this method in March. If they are going to do releases like this they should have a specific date/ time they give out the tix, cuz the way it is now the regular consumer has no idea when they will start doing the reservations, but u can be sure the employees know.
At least hoh still does raffles.
None of my local FTLs and HoHs perform this practice. I would go talk to the manager and ask for his business card and contact corporate. I'm not sure if it will do anything but hopefully it will trigger an internal audit or make the store personnel think twice before performing such act again.

Almost all stores give out raffles on Wed and Thurs prior.

Last edited:
No word from @NikeSF yet. Probably not going to have it. Whats wrong with them lately???

got my guaranteed ticket this morning from my local FTL
ohwell.gif
 i don't think its really that limited like most people in here suggest
tired.gif
 looks more like a gr to me

Last edited:
these grapes will look good in the collection...glad my lady friend works at hoh now and this is one of the bigger hoh's. Already got my call  that i won the raffle that starts passing tickets out tomorrow...lol

these grapes will look good in the collection...glad my lady friend works at hoh now and this is one of the bigger hoh's. Already got my call  that i won the raffle that starts passing tickets out tomorrow...lol
So raffles are pretty much rigged then ? .. they pick all the people they know first, and the people that they don't know get the leftovers

Last edited:

Why do people post crap like this??? DUMB DUMB DUMB!

not all raffles thats too blanket a statement. Just know atleast one fsr is normaly already accounted for..On each big release and if your dating or friends with managers or assistant manager ( normally  the ones who actually do the calling) pairs are always on lock..

like this hoh has 5 size 13's already accounted for

8 size 12's 4 accounted for,

2 size 14's none accounted for

size 11.5 had 6 3 accounted for.

these are only the only sizes i remember when looking at the list and the sizes i would even pay atention 2...

I decided to pass on these.  I have never really been a big fan of the V.  I picked up the white grapes but something about them has kept me from wearing them.  Gonna have to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom