Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

still regret thinking i could clean my og white with bleach and water back in 90 , took the straight to the court and the nu or durabuck cracked and peeled right off and i had the only furry cloth air jordan 5s, still white tho, lol

Why lol? the og hang tag has machine wash instructions.. and that og durabuck cleaned super easy!

It’s a fair assessment for a retro program aimed at reproducing the originals. I mean it doesn’t even hold a light to the 99s which I found the 2016 to be a perfect reproduction of besides the tongue and blue sole. The Air Jordan 8 aqua and 6 infrared are probably the best retro to date. Also at this point I can wait for the 1990 retro if the 85/6 Air Jordan 1 Hi is any better.

OG Left, 2016 Right
493E44AE-5B32-4638-A96D-C96B1A5129E3.jpeg
83624D40-4096-4511-B0E3-C33D412C1195.jpeg
OG Left, 2016 Right

the reflective shine looks exactly the same except of course the material... im impressed... i loved the quality on the 2016 pair but hated the material they used on the tongue lol

Thats the material I would love to come back. It took a beating for it to yellow.

If they used the same general process to produce it as on the original AJ4 netting - it sounds like a pain, too bothersome for them to apply to a retro...
but of course I would love to see it back as well.

EC7tujRRDiAtEjiT9ULf

A Tinker Hatfield sketch outlining the Jordan V's signature sharktooth side detail (1990)

Interesting...wonder how it evolved to the release version....Never seen so many elements of a sketch that never made it to the final design.

EC7tujRRDiAtEjiT9ULf

A Tinker Hatfield sketch outlining the Jordan V's signature sharktooth side detail (1990)
I think thats supposed to be flames on the side inspired by the old fighter planes back in the day, & he ended up putting the flames in reverse to go against the grain...from what I can remember from the netflix doc.

Back
Top Bottom